**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Jan 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #4,546 of 22,116
Quote:
I'm thinking i should get a loaner pair of HE-400 going around.  for now, limited to U.S. addresses so shipping doesnt take forever.  each person would be responsible for shipping it to the next person on the list or purchasing it as a b-stock.  Any interest?

Count me in.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #4,547 of 22,116
Quote:
I'm thinking i should get a loaner pair of HE-400 going around.  for now, limited to U.S. addresses so shipping doesnt take forever.  each person would be responsible for shipping it to the next person on the list or purchasing it as a b-stock.  Any interest?

I think that this is a great idea Justin. Not sure what your liability is but it would be a great way to introduce people who are on the fence to a wonderful HP.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #4,548 of 22,116
Great idea Justin. In fact, that was what I was gonna do with a few of my friends here on my gaming thread. I'm just waiting on my Compass 2 to see how the HE400 sounds off it, then I'm shipping them out.

I got my K702 Annie, and I thought I would be selling my HE400 soon (I might as the Philips X1 is going to be sold in the USA later this month, which might be my replacement ), but after watching some movies and comparing, I couldn't give up that sound for action movies and bass heavy music. The HE400 has the Annie beat in those areas.

If the X1 impresses me enough, I may do away with the HE400, but only if.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #4,550 of 22,116
Quote:

Awesome idea Justin, sounds like something that would really catch on. 

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #4,551 of 22,116
Quote:
I'm thinking i should get a loaner pair of HE-400 going around.  for now, limited to U.S. addresses so shipping doesn't take forever.  each person would be responsible for shipping it to the next person on the list or purchasing it as a b-stock.  Any interest?

That's a good idea Justin.  However, it looks like most people here already got them..  The HE-4s however might be a good idea as well. I let Matt try mine out for a few days and just got them back.  Never know, some people just might enjoy the HE-4s enough to warrant having both.

Just a little Brain Storming..

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #4,552 of 22,116
Quote:

That's a good idea Justin.  However, it looks like most people here already got them..  The HE-4s however might be a good idea as well. I let Matt try mine out for a few days and just got them back.  Never know, some people just might enjoy the HE-4s enough to warrant having both.

Just a little Brain Storming..

Word.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #4,554 of 22,116
The problem I see with the HE-4 being sent out is that UNDOUBTEDLY, people are not gonna have amps powerful enough to drive them properly, and aren't gonna be pleased with the thin, restrained sound coming out of the HE-4.

Nothing short of the EF-5, Audio-GD's offerings (which tend to have lots of power at low impedances), the Lyr, etc, should be what people use. More than 2 watts at 40ohm.

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #4,555 of 22,116
Quote:
The problem I see with the HE-4 being sent out is that UNDOUBTEDLY, people are not gonna have amps powerful enough to drive them properly, and aren't gonna be pleased with the thin, restrained sound coming out of the HE-4.
Nothing short of the EF-5, Audio-GD's offerings (wehich tend to have lots of power at low impedances), the Lyr, etc, should be what people use. More than 2 watts at 40ohm.

You are soooo right.  I never even think about that.  I guess I take it for granted..  My bad...

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #4,556 of 22,116
Count me in for a loaner of the HE-500's 
wink_face.gif
 Not sure what amps pair well the with the HE-500's though.

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #4,559 of 22,116
Quote:

I'd be in, I heard them briefly a few times and liked what I heard but would like a few days with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back