Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Mar 28, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #1,576 of 1,929
Has anyone tried UAPP in R6PRO II. I downloaded the trial version of UAPP. There is no sound when I play any local stored flac file.
I don't do any streaming; only play locally stored files.
just wondering if UAPP is better than the stock Hiby Music app to play only local 16 bit 44.1 Khz flac or wav files. I have no experiece with UAPP though.
I have the premium version of UAPP and it works well but I really prefer the sound of the Hiby app with the R6 PRO II

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #1,577 of 1,929
Has anyone tried UAPP in R6PRO II. I downloaded the trial version of UAPP. There is no sound when I play any local stored flac file.
I don't do any streaming; only play locally stored files.
just wondering if UAPP is better than the stock Hiby Music app to play only local 16 bit 44.1 Khz flac or wav files. I have no experiece with UAPP though.
I use it all the time, no problems, i listen locally stored files from a SD card and over the LAN network from a network drive. In terms of sound, I don't feel any difference between Hiby Music app and UAPP, but there are nuances in playing cue files.

Mar 28, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #1,578 of 1,929
I have finally figured out how to save and access playlist(*.m3u) files in internal and external storage in R6ProII. I will share the steps soon. I wish Hiby should have posted a basic user manual for such basic requirement.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #1,579 of 1,929
I have the premium version of UAPP and it works well but I really prefer the sound of the Hiby app with the R6 PRO II
I also prefer the hiby application, mainly because of its EQ capabilities (standard EQ, PEQ, MSEB and plugin). It is worth adding that the tidal application can also work in bit perfect mode with Hiby DAPs. Another advantage is the ability to use tidal libraries offline with extensive system-wide EQ capabilities (or in bit perfect mode). I don't think there are currently similar solutions from other manufacturers.

Mar 28, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #1,580 of 1,929
I also prefer the hiby application, mainly because of its EQ capabilities (standard EQ, PEQ, MSEB and plugin). It is worth adding that the tidal application can also work in bit perfect mode with Hiby DAPs. Another advantage is the ability to use tidal libraries offline with extensive system-wide EQ capabilities (or in bit perfect mode). I don't think there are currently similar solutions from other manufacturers.
We can use tidal off line with Hiby ???? I never noticed this possibilty

Mar 28, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #1,581 of 1,929
We can use tidal off line with Hiby ???? I never noticed this possibilty
I mean the native tidal app, not the tidal implementation in the hiby music app. We still have the original sampling rate with hiby player (1). Android 14 phones still do upsampling to 48KHz via USB (2). This matters to me because I mainly use it as an audio transport. From April 10, tidal max will be available to everyone with a maximum FLAC sample rate of up to 192 KHz, it would be great if this quality was also available offline. Will MQA still be available? (hopefully not) I'm curious. Well, we'll see.

Edit: I forgot about the last scenario (3) - native tidal with Hiby DAP with MQA (if anyone likes it).
HIBY.jpg

ANDROID 14.jpg

1712094856782.png

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #1,582 of 1,929
Just for info, from Shanling's tweet:
Notification for Apple Music and Shanling PlayersNew update Apple Music V4.7.0 is unable to run on our 665 CPU based players, as Apple introduce new security "feature" to their app.We recommend to stay at version V4.6.0 for now, our software team is looking into possible fix

Since our player also runs on 665 Snap, probably shouldn't update Apple Music to version 4.7.0

Mar 29, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #1,584 of 1,929
Just for info, from Shanling's tweet:

Since our player also runs on 665 Snap, probably shouldn't update Apple Music to version 4.7.0
I can confirm that Apple Music v4.7.0 is working fine in my R6 Pro II. Updated about an hour ago.

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:10 AM Post #1,585 of 1,929
I have finally figured out how to save and access playlist(*.m3u) files in internal and external storage in R6ProII. I will share the steps soon. I wish Hiby should have posted a basic user manual for such basic requirement.

Here are the steps to import playlist(*.m3u) saved in the external SD card from windows pc:

1. Create a folder named: HiBymusic in your external sd card if it is not there already.

2. Open the folder HiBymusic and create two folders and name them as “Re” and “Ab”. Re stands for relative and Ab stands for absolute

3. The folder “Re” will be used to save your playlist in relative format free from any external ID card device ID in the playlist path.
Example of an entry in the playlist:
../../../nameofthealbumfolder/nameofthesong.extn

../../../Myalbum1/Mysong1.FLAC

you can use the folder: “Ab” to save your playlist in absolute path format.
Example:

/storage/SdcarddeviceID/nameofthealbumfolder/nameofthesong.extn

/storage/9C33-6BBD/Myalbum1/Mysong1.FLAC

you can find the device id of your sd card from storage settings.

5. Now open the HiBymusic app and scroll to playlists. Click on import playlists and then choose your external sd card and the select the file from inside your HiBymusic folder in your sd card.

Scenario 2 to backup your playlists created using HiBymusic app.

1. scroll to your playlists

2. now long press the playlist you want to save in your external SD card.

3. Select the option of backup playlist to your external or internal storage.

4. select if you wish to save it either absolute or relative path format.

5. your playlist will now be backed up in the “Ab” or “Re” sub-folders under HibyMusic folder depending on your format selection.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #1,586 of 1,929
Newbie question about the HiBy Music App: do I need to rescan my SD card manually, each time I am adding a music album or is there a setting I could enable to scan the SD card automatically, each time I insert it? UAPP scans automatically.

Additionally, why does the HiBy App show Genre : Unknown and Year [of Album] : Unknown, when all of my Music is properly tagged and the metadata are read fine in UAPP?
These "Unknown" values, in the HiBy App, are shown when I select Show Album Info. However, when I select Properties, the Genre and the Album Year, as well as lots of other information, are shown fine there.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #1,587 of 1,929
Newbie question about the HiBy Music App: do I need to rescan my SD card manually, each time I am adding a music album or is there a setting I could enable to scan the SD card automatically, each time I insert it? UAPP scans automatically.

Additionally, why does the HiBy App show Genre : Unknown and Year [of Album] : Unknown, when all of my Music is properly tagged and the metadata are read fine in UAPP?
These "Unknown" values, in the HiBy App, are shown when I select Show Album Info. However, when I select Properties, the Genre and the Album Year, as well as lots of other information, are shown fine there.
I have to rescan my SD card each time I add an album. I haven’t found a setting that does it automatically.

No idea here regarding the tagging. I’m not that technical!

Mar 29, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #1,588 of 1,929
I have to rescan my SD card each time I add an album. I haven’t found a setting that does it automatically.

No idea here regarding the tagging. I’m not that technical!

Thanks for your reply, so is this how HiBy Music works, you have to rescan the SD card each time you add some music? No worries, but I observed that it scans the entire library from the beginning. UAPP adds the new songs/albums automatically.

@Joe Bloggs I am using WAV files, exclusively, and I tag them with tagscan-6.1.16. No problems with UAPP at all.

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #1,589 of 1,929
Here are the steps to import playlist(*.m3u) saved in the external SD card from windows pc:

1. Create a folder named: HiBymusic in your external sd card if it is not there already.

2. Open the folder HiBymusic and create two folders and name them as “Re” and “Ab”. Re stands for relative and Ab stands for absolute

3. The folder “Re” will be used to save your playlist in relative format free from any external ID card device ID in the playlist path.
Example of an entry in the playlist:
../../../nameofthealbumfolder/nameofthesong.extn

../../../Myalbum1/Mysong1.FLAC

you can use the folder: “Ab” to save your playlist in absolute path format.
Example:

/storage/SdcarddeviceID/nameofthealbumfolder/nameofthesong.extn

/storage/9C33-6BBD/Myalbum1/Mysong1.FLAC

you can find the device id of your sd card from storage settings.

5. Now open the HiBymusic app and scroll to playlists. Click on import playlists and then choose your external sd card and the select the file from inside your HiBymusic folder in your sd card.

Scenario 2 to backup your playlists created using HiBymusic app.

1. scroll to your playlists

2. now long press the playlist you want to save in your external SD card.

3. Select the option of backup playlist to your external or internal storage.

4. select if you wish to save it either absolute or relative path format.

5. your playlist will now be backed up in the “Ab” or “Re” sub-folders under HibyMusic folder depending on your format selection.

Hope it helps.
Not sure about exporting from HiByMusic back to PC, but any playlist can be imported to HiByMusic as long as it is in relative pathing and no drive letters are involved. So for example:

1. Have all you music in a folder on your PC (say "/Music" on whatever drive) (in any arrangement of subfolders as you will)
2. Create playlist(s) in the main /Music folder: most music applications will use relative pathing in this case.
3. Copy /Music and all its contents to the player or the SD card for it
4. Scan for new music from the left-hand menu and enable the "Create playlists from M3U files" toggle when scanning.

Your imported playlists will then appear under Playlists and work properly.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 30, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #1,590 of 1,929

From your description it seems that it's reading your tags fine but the album subtag is missing somehow. Can you send me one of your files via pm for me to investigate?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back