Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Mar 27, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #1,561 of 1,908
Hi, need some help to understand the use of one of audio settings of r6 pro II. There is option called Low-Pass antialiasing filter settings inside settings-->audio settings. What is its use? by default it is set to "Sharp roll-off". what does it mean?
sorry for being naive here...

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 5:32 AM Post #1,562 of 1,908
Hi, need some help to understand the use of one of audio settings of r6 pro II. There is option called Low-Pass antialiasing filter settings inside settings-->audio settings. What is its use? by default it is set to "Sharp roll-off". what does it mean?
sorry for being naive here...
In theory and in nuance it looks like this:

1 - sharp, detailed
2 - not sharp, smoothed
3 - very sharp, detailed
4 - sharp, smoothed
5 - very not sharp, very smooth
6 - very sharp, very detailed
7 - sharp, detailed

But on r6 pro 2 there may be problems with switching digital filters (they don't switch properly). Waiting for software fixes in future firmware.

Mar 28, 2024 at 5:32 AM Post #1,563 of 1,908
Hi, @Joe Bloggs need your help to understand the low-pass antialiasing filter option in R6 PRO II. I know you have posted related to these settings for other Hiby product in the past. However, I can see a different name of these filters in R6 PRO II. Just wondering if you can suggest which is the near to the neutral out of options available inside Settings-->Audio.

One more thing what is the folder or path where playlist files (*.m3u) are stored in R6PROII. I am not able to locate these.

Mar 28, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #1,564 of 1,908

1 - sharp, detailed
2 - not sharp, smoothed
3 - very sharp, detailed
4 - sharp, smoothed
7 - sharp, detailed

But on r6 pro 2 there may be problems with switching digital filters (they don't switch properly). Waiting for software fixes in future firmware.
Thanks for the details. I am on the latest firmware. But, yes you are right, I am not able to notice any difference at all while switching different options. Let see if @Joe Bloggs is able to provide his feedback on this.

Just wondering if you have any idea which folder or path playlists are stored when I connect the device to my pc for file transfer.

Mar 28, 2024 at 6:10 AM Post #1,565 of 1,908
Thanks for the details. I am on the latest firmware. But, yes you are right, I am not able to notice any difference at all while switching different options. Let see if @Joe Bloggs is able to provide his feedback on this.

Just wondering if you have any idea which folder or path playlists are stored when I connect the device to my pc for file transfer.
There is a difference but it is very very subtle that is barely noticeable to me

Mar 28, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #1,566 of 1,908

Do not have a playlist so cannot be sure however there is a folder for playlist as follows in both Disk and Internal shared storage depending if you have an sd card inserted , try both if you have an sd card , Android/Data/com.hiby.music/Files/Playlist

Mar 28, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #1,567 of 1,908

1 - sharp, detailed
2 - not sharp, smoothed
3 - very sharp, detailed
4 - sharp, smoothed
7 - sharp, detailed

I think you may have 5 and 6 flipped.

-Ed

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:56 AM Post #1,569 of 1,908
Mar 28, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #1,570 of 1,908
Good afternoon, gentlemen!

I want to thank Hiby for the prompt response to the problem of broken digital filters. I hope this problem will be fixed in future firmware versions.
There is also a question about Gain, can someone answer as an engineer (hello @Joe Bloggs 🫡): what technically changes when choosing Gain? Is the volume factor just increasing? Is the current level changing? Is the voltage level changing? Is the current-to-voltage ratio changing? Is the amplifier cascade changing, or is it just their operating mode? In which gain mode does the amplifier in Class A mode open best?

I ask because I want to understand: which gain mode is the most optimal for a Class A amplifier and for multi-driver BA iems.

Thank you in advance!
Regarding the gain setting, the final response from the responsible engineer(s) is that they cannot disclose the exact mechanism for competitive reasons, however we can advise that there is nothing to be lost from selecting low gain and turbo off with IEMs that do not nearly max out the volume control at such settings. It is only necessary to engage Class A itself to derive its full benefits over Class AB. And high gain and turbo may be engaged separately, when more volume range is required. Hope that helps.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 28, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #1,571 of 1,908
Good afternoon, @Joe Bloggs !

I am the owner of Hiby R6 Pro 2 and faced a problem. Digital filters are not working properly on my device. Either Sharp Roll-off or Low Dispersion Short Delay works. The other filters don't work.

Video showing the problem:

https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/img/review/hibyr6-2/raa-hibyr6-2.mp4

The video shows that when switching through the menu, the view of the meander wave does not change. It changed only when switching to the last filter. And then it didn't switch back when selecting other filters. And the type of wave should be different for each filter.

This problem was discovered by Roman Kuznetsov, an engineer at the Reference Audio Analyzer research laboratory (Competitors of the ASR laboratory) for measuring audio products. The test was performed through the reproduction of a meander on an Instrustar 220b oscilloscope.

Firmware - 1.30. Plugins - all disabled.

Please let me know when this problem will be solved?

Thank you for your attention.
This has been fixed in-house and the changes will appear in the next firmware update.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 28, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #1,572 of 1,908
Regarding the gain setting, the final response from the responsible engineer(s) is that they cannot disclose the exact mechanism for competitive reasons, however we can advise that there is nothing to be lost from selecting low gain and turbo off with IEMs that do not nearly max out the volume control at such settings. It is only necessary to engage Class A itself to derive its full benefits over Class AB. And high gain and turbo may be engaged separately, when more volume range is required. Hope that helps.
What/where is this Turbo setting?

-Ed

Mar 28, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #1,573 of 1,908
Do not have a playlist so cannot be sure however there is a folder for playlist as follows in both Disk and Internal shared storage depending if you have an sd card inserted , try both if you have an sd card , Android/Data/com.hiby.music/Files/Playlist
the playlist folder in the path Android/Data/com.hiby.music/Files/Playlist is empty in both internal and my external card storage. I created two sample playlist using the player itself, but when I access this using my PC there is no playlist file.
@Joe Bloggs could you please help.

Mar 28, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #1,574 of 1,908
Mar 28, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #1,575 of 1,908
Has anyone tried UAPP in R6PRO II. I downloaded the trial version of UAPP. There is no sound when I play any local stored flac file.
I don't do any streaming; only play locally stored files.
just wondering if UAPP is better than the stock Hiby Music app to play only local 16 bit 44.1 Khz flac or wav files. I have no experiece with UAPP though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back