Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Mar 30, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #1,591 of 1,946
From your description it seems that it's reading your tags fine but the album subtag is missing somehow. Can you send me one of your files via pm for me to investigate?

Hello, thank you for your reply.

I've just shared a song via PM, I hope you will be able to get it.
As I say in my PM, actually, the HiBy Music App shows the same for all the songs in my Library. Genre : Unknown and Year [of Album] : Unknown

Here is a screenshot of how the metadata appears in Foobar2000 :

tag.png

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #1,592 of 1,946
Hey, guys, I have another question:

- How do you set the max battery charge level?

I go to Settings/Battery and set the Max Battery slider to 80 but it does not work. I've tried twice now, and this morning I've set it to 80 but right now it is still charging. It is at 84% right now.

- How can I cap the charging level to 80?

PS: Battery Saver is set to OFF. Should I set this to ON for this to work?

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #1,593 of 1,946
My battery saver is set to On and level to 80 and still keeps charging above 80.
Noticed with certain cables or charger (not sure which) once in a while the screen comes on and off while charging.

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #1,594 of 1,946
My battery saver is set to On and level to 80 and still keeps charging above 80.
Noticed with certain cables or charger (not sure which) once in a while the screen comes on and off while charging.
Right, so yours does not work, either, correct?

So how can I set the max charge to 80, for example? I am using the stock charging cable and my smartphone's charger. It charges rapidly.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #1,595 of 1,946
Mar 30, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #1,596 of 1,946
Out of curiousity Nick as you also have the 109's, are you also using the Mojo or are you just using the Hiby and 109's on their own ?

Mar 30, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #1,597 of 1,946
Depends if you charge it on or off. When it's off it charges until 100%.

Mar 30, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #1,598 of 1,946
Depends if you charge it on or off. When it's off it charges until 100%.

Hi,

So, you mean that for the battery charging limiter to work, we need to set Batter Saver to ON?
But does this not disable some required functions? Normally, it should not require Battery Saver to work

Mar 30, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #1,599 of 1,946
Out of curiousity Nick as you also have the 109's, are you also using the Mojo or are you just using the Hiby and 109's on their own ?

I have not used my Meze 109 Pro much with the device, yet. Now I am in the stage where I am trying to set it up and learn it. This period I am listening with my 64 Audio Volür and the results are Amazing! My device is not even burned-in, yet, it has less than 48 hours of total playback time.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #1,600 of 1,946
Hi,

So, you mean that for the battery charging limiter to work, we need to set Batter Saver to ON?
But does this not disable some required functions? Normally, it should not require Battery Saver to work
No, she means the DAP itself has to be left on while charging for the charge level limiter to be active and work. If the DAP is left plugged in and charging while turned off, the software does not cap the charging level because the DAP is not turned on and active.

-Ed

Mar 30, 2024 at 7:14 AM Post #1,601 of 1,946
No, she means the DAP itself has to be left on while charging for the charge level limiter to be active and work. If the DAP is left plugged in and charging while turned off, the software does not cap the charging level because the DAP is not turned on and active.

-Ed
Okay, thank you for clarifying :)

Well, my device was left powered ON and it was charging. I had set the limit to 80 and it continued charging past 80. I unplugged it at around 86% this morning.

- Can some of you, guys, check this and tell us if it works for you, please? So, if you set the Max Battery slider to something, does it respect that value or does it keep charging past that value?

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #1,602 of 1,946

-Ed
I see, does not make sense to me having to leave a device on to charge it and at the same time it is somewhat draining the charge at the same time because it is on. Have I got this right ?

Mar 30, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #1,603 of 1,946
I see, does not make sense to me having to leave a device on to charge it and at the same time it is somewhat draining the charge at the same time because it is on. Have I got this right ?
It does not make much sense to me, either, but what I am reporting here is that the battery charging limiter does not even work when I have my device powered ON and charging. I am not listening to music while charging but it is powered ON.

Mar 30, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #1,604 of 1,946
It does not make much sense to me, either, but what I am reporting here is that the battery charging limiter does not even work when I have my device powered ON and charging. I am not listening to music while charging but it is powered ON.
Personally never leave it on while charging apart from the time when connected to the PC's USB when transferring music. Shall try charging next time with the device on and see if it goes past 80.
Edited ,trying now as was on 75% with device off so turned it on and shall see what happens.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #1,605 of 1,946
Okay, thank you for clarifying :)

Well, my device was left powered ON and it was charging. I had set the limit to 80 and it continued charging past 80. I unplugged it at around 86% this morning.

- Can some of you, guys, check this and tell us if it works for you, please? So, if you set the Max Battery slider to something, does it respect that value or does it keep charging past that value?
It works for me. Mine is set to 85%. I never turn mine off, I treat it like a cell phone. That being said, I use mine more as a desktop network streamer than as a portable audio player. I have it sitting in the HiBy CR06 dock most of the time. I only take it off two days a week for when I commute in to the office.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back