Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Mar 25, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #1,532 of 1,899
Good afternoon, gentlemen!

I want to thank Hiby for the prompt response to the problem of broken digital filters. I hope this problem will be fixed in future firmware versions.
There is also a question about Gain, can someone answer as an engineer (hello @Joe Bloggs 🫡): what technically changes when choosing Gain? Is the volume factor just increasing? Is the current level changing? Is the voltage level changing? Is the current-to-voltage ratio changing? Is the amplifier cascade changing, or is it just their operating mode? In which gain mode does the amplifier in Class A mode open best?

I ask because I want to understand: which gain mode is the most optimal for a Class A amplifier and for multi-driver BA iems.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #1,534 of 1,899

I want to thank Hiby for the prompt response to the problem of broken digital filters. I hope this problem will be fixed in future firmware versions.
There is also a question about Gain, can someone answer as an engineer (hello @Joe Bloggs 🫡): what technically changes when choosing Gain? Is the volume factor just increasing? Is the current level changing? Is the voltage level changing? Is the current-to-voltage ratio changing? Is the amplifier cascade changing, or is it just their operating mode? In which gain mode does the amplifier in Class A mode open best?

I ask because I want to understand: which gain mode is the most optimal for a Class A amplifier and for multi-driver BA iems.

Thank you in advance!

Hello, have you received any reply regarding your message here?
I do not think so.

@Joe Bloggs would you be so kind to provide an accurate reply regarding that message about the digital filters? Do they work or not?
Can you also reply to @DonKarleon95 about Gain?

What about the few bugs in PEQ, as reported here?

@Joe Bloggs we are looking forward to your replies!

Mar 25, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #1,535 of 1,899
Hello, have you received any reply regarding your message here?
I do not think so.

@Joe Bloggs would you be so kind to provide an accurate reply regarding that message about the digital filters? Do they work or not?
Can you also reply to @DonKarleon95 about Gain?

What about the few bugs in PEQ, as reported here?

@Joe Bloggs we are looking forward to your replies!
I received a reply from the official Hiby service support email (not in this topic):

«Dear customer,

Many thanks for your letter.

I'm sorry for the late reply. This issue needs to be addressed by updating the firmware because there is a bug in the program. We will also provide your feedback to our technical team to check if there is anything we can do in future updates. Hope you have a nice day!
Best regards,
Cathy»

Mar 26, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #1,536 of 1,899

Thank you in advance!
Gentlemen!

I want to add to my question: 2x OPA 1652 amplifiers are indicated in the promotional materials. But the diagram also shows 1x OPA 1652, 4x OPA 1612 and 2x MUSES 8920. What is the purpose of these amplifiers and what is their role in choosing Gain?

Attachments

• 6376c013ly1hcb5wlbdq2j22dc35se83.jpg
    6376c013ly1hcb5wlbdq2j22dc35se83.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Mar 26, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #1,537 of 1,899
Gentlemen!

I want to add to my question: 2x OPA 1652 amplifiers are indicated in the promotional materials. But the diagram also shows 1x OPA 1652, 4x OPA 1612 and 2x MUSES 8920. What is the purpose of these amplifiers and what is their role in choosing Gain?
From the pcb I'd expect OPA1612 for I/V conversion + MUSES8920 for LPF (Low-Pass Filtering) and voltage amplification + OPA1652 for current amplification?

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #1,538 of 1,899
I received a reply from the official Hiby service support email (not in this topic):

«Dear customer,

Many thanks for your letter.

I'm sorry for the late reply. This issue needs to be addressed by updating the firmware because there is a bug in the program. We will also provide your feedback to our technical team to check if there is anything we can do in future updates. Hope you have a nice day!
Best regards,
Cathy»

Thank you for sharing this with us! :)

This device was out around a year ago, I think. I am surprised that nobody else realized and reported this thing about the digital filters, sooner. Even HiBy seem to not be aware of it. Please, keep us posted for this matter and anything else that might come to your attention.

Personally, only today I purchased this device. I had an R6 Pro II for like a week and a half and I was testing it, and today I bought it, brand new.
By the way, this time I've updated to the latest firmware, v1.30, without any issue.

I wish @Joe Bloggs will appear here and reply to the latest messages. Some very legit and important queries!

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #1,539 of 1,899
Thank you for sharing this with us! :)

This device was out around a year ago, I think. I am surprised that nobody else realized and reported this thing about the digital filters, sooner. Even HiBy seem to not be aware of it. Please, keep us posted for this matter and anything else that might come to your attention.

Personally, only today I purchased this device. I had an R6 Pro II for like a week and a half and I was testing it, and today I bought it, brand new.
By the way, this time I've updated to the latest firmware, v1.30, without any issue.

I wish @Joe Bloggs will appear here and reply to the latest messages. Some very legit and important queries!
I noticed that I couldn’t tell the differences between the filters, but that is true not only for the R6 Pro but most other devices. Based on comments by others elsewhere, I am not alone… :)

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #1,540 of 1,899
I noticed that I couldn’t tell the differences between the filters, but that is true not only for the R6 Pro but most other devices. Based on comments by others elsewhere, I am not alone… :)
Same here, never noticed any difference on my Ibasso, tried them on the Hiby and presumed the same, no difference so moved on.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #1,541 of 1,899
Does someone us Tidal with the Hiby app ? I have lots of bugs. Espacially freezes...it does not happen when Tidal is not connected but I need Tidal. After several AB comparisons I really prefer the sound of the Hiby app...

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #1,542 of 1,899
I understand you and I agree with you. I might not be able to hear any differences between the digital filters, either.

The member who revealed this, though, in this post, showed someone measuring the device with lab equipment. And, they discovered that many of the filters have no effect.

So, if this is some firmware bug, we would all prefer to be fixed :)

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #1,543 of 1,899
Does someone us Tidal with the Hiby app ? I have lots of bugs. Espacially freezes...it does not happen when Tidal is not connected but I need Tidal. After several AB comparisons I really prefer the sound of the Hiby app...

What about Qobuz? Does Qobuz work for you?

Mar 26, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #1,545 of 1,899
The issues with Tidal might be from the latest update. Have the same issue with the N7 - restarting the device seems to help in the short term. Definitely agree with the sound, but the layout takes some getting used to coming from the app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back