Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Mar 16, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #1,471 of 1,946
I've prepared an Excel file with the Pro II's specifications. Can you please have a look and tell me if it is correct? Can you also please tell me what to fill in, in the Bluetooth transmit line?

@Joe Bloggs ?

Thanks a lot! :)
The DAC is AK4191EQ+dual AK4499EX, however it should be noted that there is circuitry to make full use of all the DAC chips in both SE and balanced modes, making the system equivalent to dual AK4191EQ+quad AK4499EX as seen from other brands.

The codecs you listed are correct, for bluetooth *transmission* (e.g. to bluetooth earphones). For *reception* the list is the same, minus the aptX and aptX HD codecs.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 17, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #1,472 of 1,946
Good afternoon, @Joe Bloggs !

I am the owner of Hiby R6 Pro 2 and faced a problem. Digital filters are not working properly on my device. Either Sharp Roll-off or Low Dispersion Short Delay works. The other filters don't work.

Video showing the problem:

https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/img/review/hibyr6-2/raa-hibyr6-2.mp4

The video shows that when switching through the menu, the view of the meander wave does not change. It changed only when switching to the last filter. And then it didn't switch back when selecting other filters. And the type of wave should be different for each filter.

This problem was discovered by Roman Kuznetsov, an engineer at the Reference Audio Analyzer research laboratory (Competitors of the ASR laboratory) for measuring audio products. The test was performed through the reproduction of a meander on an Instrustar 220b oscilloscope.

Firmware - 1.30. Plugins - all disabled.

Please let me know when this problem will be solved?

Thank you for your attention.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #1,473 of 1,946
Hello people, I've received my HiBy R6 Pro II a couple of hours ago, it's charging and updating now. I have not listened to it, yet, at all.

I am trying to update to the latest firmware 1.30 and it's failing, as it seems. It updated fine to firmware 1.21 but when I've tried to update to firmware 1.30 via OTA, it failed two times, saying something like "cannot verify file integrity" or something like that. When I tried for a third time it is now stuck at 16% and nothing is happening. For like 30 minutes now, it is stuck at 16%

Should I interrupt it by rebooting the device?
Can I download firmware 1.30 from somewhere and apply the update, locally?

@Joe Bloggs can you please assist?

Sorry that my first post about this device is about an issue but I was not expecting this.

Please, advice, I cannot use the device.

Thank you

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #1,474 of 1,946
Hello people, I've received my HiBy R6 Pro II a couple of hours ago, it's charging and updating now. I have not listened to it, yet, at all.

I am trying to update to the latest firmware 1.30 and it's failing, as it seems. It updated fine to firmware 1.21 but when I've tried to update to firmware 1.30 via OTA, it failed two times, saying something like "cannot verify file integrity" or something like that. When I tried for a third time it is now stuck at 16% and nothing is happening. For like 30 minutes now, it is stuck at 16%

Should I interrupt it by rebooting the device?
Can I download firmware 1.30 from somewhere and apply the update, locally?

@Joe Bloggs can you please assist?

Sorry that my first post about the device is about an issue but I was not expecting this.

Please, advice, I cannot use the device.

Thank you
Reboot it, perform a factory reset, and try again.

That worked for me (although my unit was not factory fresh at the time).

-Ed

Mar 18, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #1,475 of 1,946
Reboot it, perform a factory reset, and try again.

That worked for me (although my unit was not factory fresh at the time).

-Ed
Thank you! So, it is OK to just interrupt it now and reboot? It is just stuck at 16%
It is not going to be a problem if I will interrupt it, correct?

EDIT: I have rebooted and cleared the cache. It downloaded the firmware 1.30 again, it moved pass 16% but it is still failing. I will perform a factory reset now and retry. My device came clean, factory fresh.

I will update this post.

I was not expecting this...

- Is there a firmware download hub to get 1.30 and update, locally?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #1,476 of 1,946
Thank you! So, it is OK to just interrupt it now and reboot? It is just stuck at 16%
It is not going to be a problem if I will interrupt it, correct?

EDIT: I have rebooted and cleared the cache. It downloaded the firmware 1.30 again, it moved pass 16% but it is still failing. I will perform a factory reset now and retry. My device came clean, factory fresh.

I will update this post.

I was not expecting this...

- Is there a firmware download hub to get 1.30 and update, locally?
When I had this problem, I could not find a place to download it separately/manually. It failed for me the first time around 13%. That is when I tried to find the file online, could not, and then did the factory reset/wipe, and tried again OTA and it worked for me at that time, albeit very slowly.

-Ed

Mar 18, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #1,477 of 1,946
It still fails, even after a factory reset! I am still at firmware 1.21
I have also cleared the cache, after the factory reset, it still fails!!

Hello, @Joe Bloggs are you there?!

Mar 18, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #1,478 of 1,946
Mar 18, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #1,479 of 1,946
Hello, thank you! Is this the official 1.30 firmware, please?

Where is @Joe Bloggs ?!

Also, I have started burning it in. Is the suggested burn-in, to play for 48 hours in Class A?

I've connected my Meze 109 Pro and listened a bit. In the beginning I could not hear anything, then I remembered to change to High Gain. I am using the Hiby Music App, after it got updated, and I am playing some albums in WAV. All of my music is in WAV. I believe that the HiBy R6 Pro II is not one of those devices which can impress you on the first listen. At least not like the FiiO M11 Plus had impressed me. No worries, I will give it a few days.

Mar 18, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #1,480 of 1,946

Where is @Joe Bloggs ?!

Also, I have started burning it in. Is the suggested burn-in, to play for 48 hours in Class A?

I've connected my Meze 109 Pro and listened a bit. In the beginning I could not hear anything, then I remembered to change to High Gain. I am using the Hiby Music App, after it got updated, and I am playing some albums in WAV. All of my music is in WAV. I believe that the HiBy R6 Pro II is not one of those devices which can impress you on the first listen. At least not like the FiiO M11 Plus had impressed me. No worries, I will give it a few days.
Yes this is the official Hiby gave it to me on their facebook page.

Mar 18, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #1,481 of 1,946

Where is @Joe Bloggs ?!

No need to put it on High gain to hear something...Have you tried to play with volume at 1st ?

Mar 18, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #1,482 of 1,946
Yes this is the official Hiby gave it to me on their facebook page.
Hello again, sorry, can you please tell me how can I update the firmware, locally?

Initially, I've copied your folder into my SD card, after formatting it. I cannot select any file to initiate the update.
Then I connected the device to my laptop and copied your firmware folder into the Download folder on the DAP.
When I go to System / System Updates and I tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner, when I then select Local update, I navigate to your firmware folder but I cannot select anything to start the update.

What do I need to do, please?

PS: what a bloody mess!!

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #1,483 of 1,946
Hello again, sorry, can you please tell me how can I update the firmware, locally?

Initially, I've copied your folder into my SD card, after formatting it. I cannot select any file to initiate the update.
Then I connected the device to my laptop and copied your firmware folder into the Download folder on the DAP.
When I go to System / System Updates and I tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner, when I then select Local update, I navigate to your firmware folder but I cannot select anything to start the update.

What do I need to do, please?

PS: what a bloody mess!!
Update method:
Copy the zip file to R6 Pro II's internal storage -> Go to Settings -> System -> Systems update ->Select "Local Updates" from the 3 small menus in the upper right corner -> Select the zip file you copied to the internal storage and update.

This is the method sent by Hiby

Mar 18, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #1,484 of 1,946
Update method:
Copy the zip file to R6 Pro II's internal storage -> Go to Settings -> System -> Systems update ->Select "Local Updates" from the 3 small menus in the upper right corner -> Select the zip file you copied to the internal storage and update.

Okay, so you mean, without extracting (unzipping) the firmware folder, just copy it zipped? Okay, I will try this now, thank you! :)

Mar 18, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #1,485 of 1,946
Update method:

I have successfully updated my device to firmware 1.30, thank you so very much for your support and for offering the latest firmware! :)
(Perhaps, @Joe Bloggs might be able to enlighten me on why it kept failing to update via OTA?)

I've also performed a full factory reset, afterwards, to be sure. Now the device appears to function as expected.

After the factory reset, it defaults to volume 40 and Amplifier Type: AB. Gain Low.
Under these settings, I've plugged in my Meze 109 Pro and I could hear normally, even though it wasn't loud enough for me, so I raised the volume to 50.
I've switched to Class A, to start burning it in. Should I give it like 200 hours or less, maybe?

I won't judge the sound quality until then.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back