Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Sep 21, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #950 of 1,971
It sounds great but I'm of the opinion that sound differences between DAPs are negligible. I think most who claim noticeable audible differences would not fare well in a blind A/B test. For DAPs the bigger differences are in power, noise floor and user experience. I've detected zero hiss with any IEM on the R6 Pro II.
In your opinion...

Do you think you'd get 10 out of 10 (30 listens with 10 on each DAP) in a blind A/B on unfamiliar IEMs?

I never said everything sounds identical, I said the difference is typically negligible or marginal.

Hey @lukeyrada, would you mind taking these discussions elsewhere?

Getting notifications for your proselytizing is irritating.

This isn't the first or last time we're going to hear from people with your viewpoint, which by the way, we all respect. For some reason people with your viewpoint appear to be unable or unwilling to leave it alone and inject it into conversations and places where they don't really belong.

This is a R6P2 page, right?

Even assuming your viewpoint is correct, what you're doing is akin to going to a birthday party, telling the people celebrating that the birthday is like any other day, and that they couldn't tell the difference between the birthday and any other day if they were kept in a dark room.

You're likely not changing anyone's viewpoint because you've now antagonized everyone, and in that situation, you're kind of the a-hole. Not that you're one. Just pointing out that situationally, what you're doing is not the most tactful.

Sep 21, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #951 of 1,971
How are you liking that Dignis case on your R6P2? :spy::thinking:
I just ordered the R6P2 and the Dignis case. I'm super excited :)

The Dignis case lead time is super long though :frowning2:

Sep 21, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #952 of 1,971
How are you liking that Dignis case on your R6P2? :spy::thinking:
It fixes the main problem of the stock case. Buttons no longer press accidentally and have a tactile feel to them. They are also slightly etched so you can feel them on the sides.

Not to mention the pure black Dignis case is an eye catcher !

Sep 22, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #953 of 1,971
Hey @lukeyrada, would you mind taking these discussions elsewhere?

Getting notifications for your proselytizing is irritating.

This isn't the first or last time we're going to hear from people with your viewpoint, which by the way, we all respect. For some reason people with your viewpoint appear to be unable or unwilling to leave it alone and inject it into conversations and places where they don't really belong.

This is a R6P2 page, right?

Even assuming your viewpoint is correct, what you're doing is akin to going to a birthday party, telling the people celebrating that the birthday is like any other day, and that they couldn't tell the difference between the birthday and any other day if they were kept in a dark room.

You're likely not changing anyone's viewpoint because you've now antagonized everyone, and in that situation, you're kind of the a-hole. Not that you're one. Just pointing out that situationally, what you're doing is not the most tactful.
Your sources of irritation is your problem and for you to work on.

"This is an R6P2 page right?"

Yes it is and there are many, many comments in this thread not talking about it and you've ignored them all, for some reason.

Asking about a blind A/B test involving the Hiby R6 Pro II isn't "proselytizing", it is enquiry. Nor is it not talking about the R6 Pro II, unlike your comment to me.

Sep 22, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #954 of 1,971
It fixes the main problem of the stock case. Buttons no longer press accidentally and have a tactile feel to them. They are also slightly etched so you can feel them on the sides.

Not to mention the pure black Dignis case is an eye catcher !
nice but no back venting is pretty much a no deal...been using it with no case with reduced overall heating.

Sep 22, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #955 of 1,971
Your sources of irritation is your problem and for you to work on.

"This is an R6P2 page right?"

Yes it is and there are many, many comments in this thread not talking about it and you've ignored them all, for some reason.

Asking about a blind A/B test involving the Hiby R6 Pro II isn't "proselytizing", it is enquiry. Nor is it not talking about the R6 Pro II, unlike your comment to me.
K 😄

Sep 23, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #956 of 1,971
R6P2 arrived today! And the it arrived with… a dead battery 😞

Battery percentage won’t go up from 0% whether I’m using the supplied charger or any other charger.

I was hoping to enjoy it this morning, but I’ll be trying to visit the store and getting a replacement today. Hopefully by tonight I’ll be able to enjoy this wonderful DAP.

Sep 23, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #957 of 1,971
R6P2 arrived today! And the it arrived with… a dead battery 😞

Battery percentage won’t go up from 0% whether I’m using the supplied charger or any other charger.

I was hoping to enjoy it this morning, but I’ll be trying to visit the store and getting a replacement today. Hopefully by tonight I’ll be able to enjoy this wonderful DAP.
That’s very unfortunate and seems odd that it turned up with 0% battery. My R6P2 and R6Gen3 both turned up with +70% battery.

Have you tried doing a hard reset to see if that solves the issue?

Hopefully you can get a replacement sorted today, it’s an awesome DAP.

Sep 23, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #958 of 1,971
That’s very unfortunate and seems odd that it turned up with 0% battery. My R6P2 and R6Gen3 both turned up with +70% battery.

Have you tried doing a hard reset to see if that solves the issue?

Hopefully you can get a replacement sorted today, it’s an awesome DAP.
I haven’t tried a hard reset yet, but good news, the battery is starting to creep up from 0% after about an hour and a half of continuous charging.

My RS6 also came with a charged battery so it’s odd that the R6P2 came a depleted one, but as long as the R6P2 doesn’t have resulting issues from it I’m quite happy.

Sep 23, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #959 of 1,971
I haven’t tried a hard reset yet, but good news, the battery is starting to creep up from 0% after about an hour and a half of continuous charging.

My RS6 also came with a charged battery so it’s odd that the R6P2 came a depleted one, but as long as the R6P2 doesn’t have resulting issues from it I’m quite happy.
Hopefully it works okay for you once charged Fully. Mine charges pretty rapidly but I use a fast charger.

I did have an issue on my gen 3 once, where it just suddenly stopped charging with my usual charger. It would still charge via a low voltage slower charger, but it was pitifully slow.

I had to do the volume up +power button reset method to get it working again. After the reset, it fast charged again without any issues.

Sep 23, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #960 of 1,971
Hopefully it works okay for you once charged Fully. Mine charges pretty rapidly but I use a fast charger.

I did have an issue on my gen 3 once, where it just suddenly stopped charging with my usual charger. It would still charge via a low voltage slower charger, but it was pitifully slow.

I had to do the volume up +power button reset method to get it working again. After the reset, it fast charged again without any issues.
This is super helpful, thank you.

I’m going to keep this info saved in case I run into a similar issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back