Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Sep 2, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #916 of 2,044
Thank you everyone. Hahaha happy to join the club!

I am really enjoying this device so far. Admittedly, it has its problems that I'm sure everyone has discussed over the previous 61 pages - but it is (relatively) affordable, it performs pretty incredibly well sonically (to say the least!), it looks really good, and it has an incredibly bright & vivid screen - on that last point, this might be the only DAP in its price range I can actually use outdoors under Singapore's glaring, BLAZING sun!

With those strengths, I think this is a fantastic device to get people into the audio hobby, and something I'm confident to point someone towards if they're looking for their first DAP (believe me, I've tried every single one I could get my hands on!), even if something like Hiby's own R6 III, or other competitors may be cheaper.

Veterans who are really deep into the audio hobby purely/very predominantly care about sound quality, whereas newbies and people less (or not at all) invested into the hobby will care quite a bit more about the whole user experience - and I think the R6 Pro II really delivers on that, so even if it may not be the cheapest device in its category, I genuinely do think there is superb value to be found here.

Sep 2, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #917 of 2,044
Thank you everyone. Hahaha happy to join the club!

I am really enjoying this device so far. Admittedly, it has its problems that I'm sure everyone has discussed over the previous 61 pages - but it is (relatively) affordable, it performs pretty incredibly well sonically (to say the least!), it looks really good, and it has an incredibly bright & vivid screen - on that last point, this might be the only DAP in its price range I can actually use outdoors under Singapore's glaring, BLAZING sun!

With those strengths, I think this is a fantastic device to get people into the audio hobby, and something I'm confident to point someone towards if they're looking for their first DAP (believe me, I've tried every single one I could get my hands on!), even if something like Hiby's own R6 III, or other competitors may be cheaper.

Veterans who are really deep into the audio hobby purely/very predominantly care about sound quality, whereas newbies and people less (or not at all) invested into the hobby will care quite a bit more about the whole user experience - and I think the R6 Pro II really delivers on that, so even if it may not be the cheapest device in its category, I genuinely do think there is superb value to be found here.
Isn't the cheapest, but factor in that you need to go 3-5x to get much better, i'd say it's a great sweet spot for hifi gear without spending too much

Sep 2, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #918 of 2,044
Isn't the cheapest, but factor in that you need to go 3-5x to get much better, i'd say it's a great sweet spot for hifi gear without spending too much
Oh no, I'm not disputing that at all! I'm just saying that it isn't the cheapest - which I think is a very fair point - but that's OK, because price & value are very separate concepts. I don't think the cheapest thing is always the greatest value proposition, and considering the value I foresee I can get out of this device, I think that holds true here, is all I am trying to say :)

Sep 4, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #919 of 2,044
All right boys. Seems like today I join the club - the Hiby R6 Pro II is my first DAP, thanks to the good lads over at Zeppelin & Co.

Man I've barely started and this rabbit hole is deep...
the good lads at Zeppelin are known to be very poisonous… they spread the poison too well 😏

Sep 6, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #921 of 2,044
I'm also in. Got my purple brick this morning.

However, I cannot get Hiby Cast to work with my Pixel 7. It connects, and then drops immediately. I cannot find a detailed guide on how to connect successfully.

Thanks in advance.
Where did you order yours from? I'm still waiting for mine to be dispatched from Hifonix.

Sep 6, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #923 of 2,044
Amazon UK. Had loads of vouchers to use.
Oh nice. That makes sense then. I went with Hifonix as they're price is considerably lower than Amazon's, which is odd as usually Amazon are almost unbeatable but they've really over priced the Pro 2 imo.

When I spoke with them on Monday they said they expected them to arrive today. So, I'm hoping mine will be dispatched today for delivery tomorrow.

Sep 6, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #924 of 2,044
I'm also in. Got my purple brick this morning.

However, I cannot get Hiby Cast to work with my Pixel 7. It connects, and then drops immediately. I cannot find a detailed guide on how to connect successfully.

Thanks in advance.
are the two devices connected to your house WiFi, or is it the Pixel 7 hotspot?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 8, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #926 of 2,044
It sounds amazing. But, I am sending the device back.

The case is keen on pressing all of the buttons, and I could not get the Hiby cast to work (which was a selling point to me).

It's an amazing design, but it's really difficult to use when out and about. I found the multiple buttons to be quite counter intuitive.

I've picked up a 2nd hand iBasso DX170 instead, because it's a wee bit more pocketable.

Sep 8, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #927 of 2,044

The case is keen on pressing all of the buttons, and I could not get the Hiby cast to work (which was a selling point to me).

It's an amazing design, but it's really difficult to use when out and about. I found the multiple buttons to be quite counter intuitive.

I've picked up a 2nd hand iBasso DX170 instead, because it's a wee bit more pocketable.
Looks like you’ve already made up your mind, but did you remove the plastic bits from underneath the case’s buttons? Makes all the difference.

Sep 8, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #928 of 2,044

A Dx170 in lieu of an R6 Pro II ?
I will be selling my Dx320 soon because I haven’t touched it since getting the R6P2.

Sep 8, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #929 of 2,044
Same house wifi

For the case, after i replace it with a cheap TPU case, everything works fine.
1694217846052.png

Sep 11, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #930 of 2,044
Finally received my R6ProII. Extremely happy with it, looks and feels great and more importantly, it sounds great too.

The only nitpick I have at the minute is the volume and the play/pause & fwd track rocker/double-shared button seem to rattle a bit - like you’d often find in cheap electronic devices. I would’ve expected them to have been solid and sturdy. So it’s little annoying, but nothing major.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back