Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Sep 30, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #976 of 2,044
OK, I'm persuaded. :) I ordered a Pro II yesterday, it arrived today and I'm letting it 'burn in' for a few days as that made a big difference with the R6 Gen III. Initial impressions are good, it definitely sounds better than the Gen III and it's less buggy (several radio apps don't work on the III but do work on the Pro II) so I'm happy, although I get the comments about the buttons, they're definitely in the wrong places and there's no feel for where they are when it's in the case but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Congrats on your purchase !

If you don’t mind an expensive case, I can vouch for the Dignis case. With it the buttons are no longer accidentally pressed and they are easier to find. Although honestly I rarely use those buttons while using the DAP. I simply use the screen. The button layout on this DAP is certainly not very intuitive.

Sep 30, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #979 of 2,044
Has anyone tried pairing the R6 Pro II to an external Amp? I'm thinking of getting the AK AP10 sometime in the near future.
Yes, I mostly use it with my Xduoo TA20

Sep 30, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #980 of 2,044
Has anyone tried pairing the R6 Pro II to an external Amp? I'm thinking of getting the AK AP10 sometime in the near future.
I amp the R6 Pro 2 with my MK475 which I find to be a good pairing.

Sep 30, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #982 of 2,044
What sort of improvements did you guys get with an external Amp (if any) or was it just to power some demanding Headphone?
Improved dynamics, slight improvement to staging, and generally more engaging.

I pretty much only use IEMs. The most power hungry ones I drive are Crimson and Annihilator 2023 which benefit from the extra power the amp provides.

Sep 30, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #983 of 2,044
Improved dynamics, slight improvement to staging, and generally more engaging.

I pretty much only use IEMs. The most power hungry ones I drive are Crimson and Annihilator 2023 which benefit from the extra power the amp provides.
Same improvements for me with my Xduoo TA20

Sep 30, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #984 of 2,044
Good to know there's a decent improvement with an external Amp. One final question, how much of a difference is there between 3.5 LO & 4.4 LO?

I sold my NX7 some time back but someone near me is selling this Amp for ~100 USD. I'm wondering if I should get this one temporarily until I can save up for the AK PA10 (costs ~600 USD). I'll skip the NX7 if 4.4 LO is much better. Thanks.

Oct 1, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #985 of 2,044
Good to know there's a decent improvement with an external Amp. One final question, how much of a difference is there between 3.5 LO & 4.4 LO?

I sold my NX7 some time back but someone near me is selling this Amp for ~100 USD. I'm wondering if I should get this one temporarily until I can save up for the AK PA10 (costs ~600 USD). I'll skip the NX7 if 4.4 LO is much better. Thanks.
I only use 4.4 LO...soundstage is slightly better with 4.4, also better instruments seperation...this is my opinion of course

Oct 1, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #987 of 2,044
Quick Question: Does anyone have any idea how I can play music using Tidal/Apple Music when I connect Hiby R6 Pro 2 to my desktop DAC via a Type C port? (Just like when we connect our Android/iPhone/Laptop to desktop DAC)
I can’t seem to find the setting for it. I’m able to play music fine when I use the Hiby music app (local library) but doesn’t seem to output music via Apple Music and Tidal when I connect R6 Pro 2 to Desktop DAC.

Oct 1, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #988 of 2,044
Quick Question: Does anyone have any idea how I can play music using Tidal/Apple Music when I connect Hiby R6 Pro 2 to my desktop DAC via a Type C port? (Just like when we connect our Android/iPhone/Laptop to desktop DAC)
I can’t seem to find the setting for it. I’m able to play music fine when I use the Hiby music app (local library) but doesn’t seem to output music via Apple Music and Tidal when I connect R6 Pro 2 to Desktop DAC.
You need to exit HiBy Music first as it would have asked for and obtained exclusive access to the USB port for audio.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 2, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #989 of 2,044
I use Apple Music sometimes connected to an external DAC/AMP and it works fine.
Like Joe said, it could be that the Hiby music is taking exclusive access to the USB audio so make sure that is not running.

Oct 2, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #990 of 2,044

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back