HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jul 6, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #3,931 of 6,622
*removed owing to issues caused to current users*

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 6, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #3,932 of 6,622
Dear all,

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtuiwfIBRYFEgbkYmH9ip0mR0MT8iw

If you're having trouble updating the R6 to the latest 1.23 firmware over the air, here's a link to download the OTA update manually--copy the zip file to the R6 and you may go to Wireless Update->the 3 dot menu on the upper right->Manual Update and find and select the zip file for updating.

If you have further difficulties or if you're stuck on a version older than what this updates from, let me know via pm.

Best regards,
Joseph Yeung
HiBy Music
Great and thanks for the link.

I would suggest to have all series of firmware update with change log posted on Hiby website like other DAP manufacturers did.

If one would like to go older firmware for some reason, there is a choice to do so.

Thanks again for your consideration , Joe and Hiby team

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #3,933 of 6,622
Dear all,

If you're having trouble updating the R6 to the latest 1.23 firmware over the air, here's a link to download the OTA update manually--copy the zip file to the R6 and you may go to Wireless Update->the 3 dot menu on the upper right->Manual Update and find and select the zip file for updating.

If you have further difficulties or if you're stuck on a version older than what this updates from, let me know via pm.

Best regards,
Joseph Yeung
HiBy Music

Thank you Joseph!

Now what about the Terms of that "Official International Warranty"?

Great and thanks for the link.

I would suggest to have all series of firmware update with change log posted on Hiby website like other DAP manufacturers did.

If one would like to go older firmware for some reason, there is a choice to do so.

Thanks again for your consideration , Joe and Hiby team.

Completely agree, as stated in my previous post. These Firmware Updates should be posted on the actual HiBy Web Site with changelogs, not buried within the thousands of posts of this thread, only to become a needle in a haystack.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #3,935 of 6,622
I thought with android that you could only upgrade, with no going back?
I think you can factory reset to its default firmware , then install the lower version firmware. That's how I think of "downgrade".

Jul 6, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #3,936 of 6,622
Dear all,

Best regards,
Joseph Yeung
HiBy Music
Sigh, tried this, still getting Android error. Pm in to Joe, hope we can get resolved
Mine downloads or copies just fine but fails during the install process with Android error. Anyone else getting that?
Just tried factory reset. Same result

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #3,937 of 6,622
Re: R6. Album tracks are not sorted in the proper order. Am I missing something? Is there really no way to have an Album play in the proper sequence it was meant to? I mean many Artists actually put thought into the track sequence and I (as many folks do) like to listen to an Album as a complete work as it was intended.

It’s like buying a Kindle or Nook book and Kindle/Nook just deciding to put the chapters in any old order. I don’t mean to sound negative, I love just about everything else about this great music player. It just seems to me that such a basic and fundamental function should not be overlooked at this price point.

I hope I’m wrong here and someone can enlighten me as to how to get Albums to play in the proper sequence. :)

EDIT: The problem actually turned out to be with Media Monkey. Media Monkey says the tags are correct but they must not be. I re-tagged a few albums from scratch with Tag&Rename and it fixed the problem!

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #3,938 of 6,622
Re: R6. Album tracks are not sorted in the proper order. Am I missing something? Is there really no way to have an Album play in the proper sequence it was meant to? I mean many Artists actually put thought into the track sequence and I (as many folks do) like to listen to an Album as a complete work as it was intended.

It’s like buying a Kindle or Nook book and Kindle/Nook just deciding to put the chapters in any old order. I don’t mean to sound negative, I love just about everything else about this great music player. It just seems to me that such a basic and fundamental function should not be overlooked at this price point.

I hope I’m wrong here and someone can enlighten me as to how to get Albums to play in the proper sequence. :)

Place a number at the beginning of the track? in order.
Try checking with a tag program like TagnRename.
Make sure the tag has the track numbered in the track also.

Jul 7, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #3,939 of 6,622

This was posted a few pages back so I just wanted to make sure you are doing this...see this post:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...unded-indiegogo.852042/page-259#post-14326683

Jul 7, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #3,941 of 6,622
Place a number at the beginning of the track? in order.
Try checking with a tag program like TagnRename.
Make sure the tag has the track numbered in the track also.
Thx for the reply. The tags are correct. Tagged using media monkey if that makes a difference.

EDIT: The problem actually turned out to be with Media Monkey. Media Monkey says the tags are correct but they must not be. I re-tagged a few albums from scratch with Tag&Rename and it fixed the problem!

Thx ALOT for the Tag&Rename suggestion. I haven’t used that program before and it’s a life saver!

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #3,942 of 6,622
This was posted a few pages back so I just wanted to make sure you are doing this...see this post:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...unded-indiegogo.852042/page-259#post-14326683

Thx for the reply. I saw that also and while it does change the order the tracks play it is not putting them in the proper order. I doubled checked the tags (tagged in media monkey) and they seem to be correct. I can’t believe this is actually an issue.

EDIT: The problem actually turned out to be with Media Monkey. Media Monkey says the tags are correct but they must not be. I re-tagged a few albums from scratch with Tag&Rename and it fixed the problem! Thx!!

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #3,944 of 6,622
No, I don't see the Firmware/OS download for the R6 anywhere on the HiByMusic website either. That's really disappointing. They do have the firmware download for the R3, so why not the R6 as well?

Not everyone might have access to WiFi 100% of the time or the have the ability to perform the OTA Update. It is good at least that they seem to be active in working on updates to try and fix the issues a lot of people here are having.

Companies that don't post the FW on their web site, and who also don't include a Changelog for the different versions of the FW do not gain much confidence from me.

WARRANTY...I still haven't seen anywhere in this thread where Joe or anyone from HiBy has addressed my or others multiple questions regarding the Terms of the "Official International Warranty" that in a previous post Joe claimed applied to the International version of the R6 that were acquired through the Indiegogo Campaign. ...CRICKETS!

And there is no Link or mention of any type of Warranty on the actual HiByMusic Web Site that I have seen. Hmmmm??? Please let us know if you find a Link to this!

I don't know about anyone else, but especially for an International product costing several hundred dollars and being shipped overseas, I would like to know exactly how the Manufacturer will officially handle any type of repair or replacement in the event of faulty hardware? As of this moment in time there is no official statement on this anywhere, so in my opinion, buy at your own risk, with no guarantee of service or support in the event of a problem.

I'm not saying that HiBy hasn't tried to reach out and help those here who have had questions or problems with their R6, but it seems to be handled "quietly" on a "case by case" basis, and only when HiBy decides to respond.

If you have reached out to HiBy to request a repair, return, or replacement, please post your experience here and how you feel it was handled, how long it took, and what costs were incurred, if any (return shipping, more import/customs fees, etc.)?

And I'm not saying that other DAPs & manufacturers are perfect, but we as a community are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to support these manufacturers by purchasing these products, and we should be given some official recourse in the event of a problem. I understand that units sold by a retail dealer might or should be supported by the dealer itself on a local basis, but...^

Overall I think that the R6 is an amazing DAP, but some main features and claims that were described in the Indiegogo campaign that were touted as being unique to this DAP and a major reason to purchase it are still not available and/or are not functioning properly.

/That is all.
I have not had one issue with the R6 or R3. Both updated F/W successfully. Tidal plus smooth on both players. Very satisfied. Wish I had hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy things. Lol.

Jul 7, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #3,945 of 6,622

I asked this question and got a good answer here. If you go the Artist tab and from there to the album you want you’ll see a little icon that looks like a record (I guess). Press that and your album will play in track order. Worked for me. But is completely unintuitive and possibly unnecessary since that should be the default.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back