HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jul 3, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #3,901 of 6,622
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced balanced amp (2.5mm preferred) to use with CA Andromeda and the r6 that has low output impedance (aside the fiio q1markii?) ? Switching between straight balanced and ifi iematch I feel like straight out is still better, I'm losing so much soundstage with IEmatch on it......
You can try Aclear Porta NXT-2AK ^^

Jul 3, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #3,904 of 6,622
921A136D-6FFF-4802-8215-A75E643804F5.jpeg Kind of Blue in DSD on R6 and HD650 on volume 85 and low gain. As good as I can afford and damn good at that.

Jul 3, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #3,906 of 6,622
Noticed there was wireless update available , didn't manage to snapshot the contents , but two fixes when I quick glance:
A) fix on separate volume control between Bluetooth and normal play ,
B) fix on album art

After update , the build number now is 1.23G

Jul 3, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #3,907 of 6,622
You can try Aclear Porta NXT-2AK ^^
That's an interesting solution... Nearly impossible to find, and questionable in terms of whether I may have the same soundstage issues.

Honestly, I'm finding the Output impedance issue with the Andromeda to be nowhere near as severe as advertised. The most noticeable difference for me is still the uncontrolled bass in the isine20. It's such a crap shoot though... This output impedance issue is a headache. In retrospect, maybe I should have spent a little more for the dx200.

Jul 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #3,909 of 6,622
Can you explain in English pls ?
Let me to jump in, because I know the story, and my English is slightly better (I hope!).

@doctor 66 is not the owner of that broken R6. He, for an unknown reason, took the picture from a Russian audiophile forum. The device was purchased from JD (their Russian division, actually) and was sold by JD itself. The picture shows the device in the state right out of the box.

There is one more story, when a customer received an empty box. Its weight printed on the envelope means the box was initially empty.

Both customers try to resolve the problem contacting both the seller and the manufacturer (Hiby), but didn't succeed (yet?). Hiby claims, JD is not authorized to sell outside China. JD claims, there are no strict evidences that the unit was damaged out of the box, but, from our (Russian forum) side we have no a reason for doubts...

Anyway, there is an opinion that such things just shall not ever happen, and both the seller and manufacturer should benefit from resolving it ASAP (reputation usually cost more), but, alas, they both don't think so.

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #3,911 of 6,622
Let me to jump in, because I know the story, and my English is slightly better (I hope!).

@doctor 66 is not the owner of that broken R6. He, for an unknown reason, took the picture from a Russian audiophile forum. The device was purchased from JD (their Russian division, actually) and was sold by JD itself. The picture shows the device in the state right out of the box.

There is one more story, when a customer received an empty box. Its weight printed on the envelope means the box was initially empty.

Both customers try to resolve the problem contacting both the seller and the manufacturer (Hiby), but didn't succeed (yet?). Hiby claims, JD is not authorized to sell outside China. JD claims, there are no strict evidences that the unit was damaged out of the box, but, from our (Russian forum) side we have no a reason for doubts...

Anyway, there is an opinion that such things just shall not ever happen, and both the seller and manufacturer should benefit from resolving it ASAP (reputation usually cost more), but, alas, they both don't think so.

I see...

I really hope that they will manage to sort things out!

Sad to see something like this happening...

Jul 3, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #3,913 of 6,622
Just received my iFi iEMatch balanced and it definitely counters the high output impedance with the sensitive IEMs that I have. The R6 OI effects weren't too bad. I kinda just put up with it and was already happy but decided to try the iEMatch anyway. I purchased through Amazon so returns were free and easy so why not.

Interestingly, it also greatly reduced the audible RF interference to a point where I can't hear it anymore. Not exactly sure how that works but I'm happy.

Jul 3, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #3,914 of 6,622
20180704_104623.jpg
Noticed there was wireless update available , didn't manage to snapshot the contents , but two fixes when I quick glance:
A) fix on separate volume control between Bluetooth and normal play ,
B) fix on album art

After update , the build number now is 1.23G
Anyone notice this new firmware ?
Your feedback ?

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #3,915 of 6,622

Anyone notice this new firmware ?
Your feedback ?

I can't get it to install. Even after reboot, Download>Install now>Hiby logo flashes three times>Install starts then the Android icon with the exclamation point appears with the word "Error". It hangs for a few minutes, the screen goes dark, and after a while it reverts back to the way it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back