HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jul 3, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #3,916 of 6,628
I can't get it to install. Even after reboot, Download>Install now>Hiby logo flashes three times>Install starts then the Android icon with the exclamation point appears with the word "Error". It hangs for a few minutes, the screen goes dark, and after a while it reverts back to the way it was.

Make sure you have enough battery (at least 30% as the installation said) .

I experience installation halt as i moved away from wireless router, I have no choice but to go near wireless router and hit 'resume' button. All was good and installation took me approx. 10 minutes

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #3,917 of 6,628
Make sure you have enough battery (at least 30% as the installation said) .

I experience installation halt as i was moved away from wireless router, I have no choice but to go near wireless router and hit 'resume' button. All was good and installation took me approx. 10 minutes

It appears to download, no problem. It is after I select "Install Now" that it crashes. The file unzips, starts the install process then immediately crashes with the "Error" icon. FWIW, I'm right next to the router and the battery is at 100%.

Jul 4, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #3,918 of 6,628
I was not aware there was an update until seeing these last few posts. So I went and grabbed the R6 and sure enough 1.23G was available. Successful install/update took all of about 10 minutes.

Worth noting too is I had the R6 in storage and powered off. Hasn't been charged in about three weeks. When it was turned on it was at 97% charge. Pretty good.

Jul 4, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #3,919 of 6,628
It appears to download, no problem. It is after I select "Install Now" that it crashes. The file unzips, starts the install process then immediately crashes with the "Error" icon. FWIW, I'm right next to the router and the battery is at 100%.
Weird … could be the installation file corrupted? Not sure if you can delete and download again and install . Please try and let us know

Jul 4, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #3,921 of 6,628
Worth noting too is I had the R6 in storage and powered off. Hasn't been charged in about three weeks. When it was turned on it was at 97% charge. Pretty good.

Good to hear that. Actually, everything in R6 is good so far.

My little disappointment is on its wireless stability, I have changed my router to dual-band, listening to spotify has no issue, but Tidal streaming is headache if I am not near router (2 feet away), most of time, I do Tidal downloading and listen offline Tidal.

I don't see it anywhere in my system... It appears to reappear as a new download each time I check for updates (after a failed install)

Try to go near the router to search for wireless update and downloading the installation file. At the moment, I can't see the 1.23G firmware in Hiby website.

Jul 4, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #3,923 of 6,628
Got to use the 'Wireless Update' app pre-installed on the player for wireless updates
Ya I know, I meant, there's no download 1.23G firmware available , so can install them manually.

Jul 4, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #3,925 of 6,628
Install manually?? How?
Theoretically, you go to the Hiby website and navigate to their support and download page. You download the zip file and copy it to the root directory of an SD card (not too high capacity). Then you go to the menu on your player and under settings you should see an option for manual install of the OS. I seem to recall that you let the player itself do the unzipping. Perhaps someone here has more detailed instructions.

Jul 4, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #3,926 of 6,628
Theoretically, you go to the Hiby website and navigate to their support and download page. You download the zip file and copy it to the root directory of an SD card (not too high capacity). Then you go to the menu on your player and under settings you should see an option for manual install of the OS. I seem to recall that you let the player itself do the unzipping. Perhaps someone here has more detailed instructions.

It doesn't appear to be available anywhere on their site.

Jul 4, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #3,927 of 6,628
(Downlaodable Firmware) It doesn't appear to be available anywhere on their site.

No, I don't see the Firmware/OS download for the R6 anywhere on the HiByMusic website either. That's really disappointing. They do have the firmware download for the R3, so why not the R6 as well?

Not everyone might have access to WiFi 100% of the time or the have the ability to perform the OTA Update. It is good at least that they seem to be active in working on updates to try and fix the issues a lot of people here are having.

Companies that don't post the FW on their web site, and who also don't include a Changelog for the different versions of the FW do not gain much confidence from me.

WARRANTY...I still haven't seen anywhere in this thread where Joe or anyone from HiBy has addressed my or others multiple questions regarding the Terms of the "Official International Warranty" that in a previous post Joe claimed applied to the International version of the R6 that were acquired through the Indiegogo Campaign. ...CRICKETS!

And there is no Link or mention of any type of Warranty on the actual HiByMusic Web Site that I have seen. Hmmmm??? Please let us know if you find a Link to this!

I don't know about anyone else, but especially for an International product costing several hundred dollars and being shipped overseas, I would like to know exactly how the Manufacturer will officially handle any type of repair or replacement in the event of faulty hardware? As of this moment in time there is no official statement on this anywhere, so in my opinion, buy at your own risk, with no guarantee of service or support in the event of a problem.

I'm not saying that HiBy hasn't tried to reach out and help those here who have had questions or problems with their R6, but it seems to be handled "quietly" on a "case by case" basis, and only when HiBy decides to respond.

If you have reached out to HiBy to request a repair, return, or replacement, please post your experience here and how you feel it was handled, how long it took, and what costs were incurred, if any (return shipping, more import/customs fees, etc.)?

And I'm not saying that other DAPs & manufacturers are perfect, but we as a community are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to support these manufacturers by purchasing these products, and we should be given some official recourse in the event of a problem. I understand that units sold by a retail dealer might or should be supported by the dealer itself on a local basis, but...^

Overall I think that the R6 is an amazing DAP, but some main features and claims that were described in the Indiegogo campaign that were touted as being unique to this DAP and a major reason to purchase it are still not available and/or are not functioning properly.

/That is all.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #3,928 of 6,628
No, I don't see the Firmware/OS download for the R6 anywhere on the HiByMusic website either. That's really disappointing. They do have the firmware download for the R3, so why not the R6 as well?

Not everyone might have access to WiFi 100% of the time or the have the ability to perform the OTA Update.

Companies that a don't post the FW on their web site, and who also don't include a Changelog for the different versions of the FW do not gain much confidence from me.

WARRANTY...I still haven't seen anywhere in this thread where Joe or anyone from HiBy has addressed my or others multiple questions regarding the Terms of the "Official International Warranty" that in a previous post Joe claimed applied to the International version of the R6 that were acquired through the Indiegogo Campaign. ...CRICKETS!

And there is no Link or mention of any type of Warranty on the actual HiByMusic Web Site that I have seen. Hmmmm??? Please let us know if you find a Link to this!

I don't know about anyone else, but especially for an International product costing several hundred dollars and being shipped overseas, I would like to know exactly how the Manufacturer will officially handle any type of repair or replacement in the event of faulty hardware? As of this moment in time there is no official statement on this anywhere, so in my opinion, buy at your own risk, with no guarantee of service or support in the event of a problem.

I'm not saying that HiBy hasn't tried to reach out and help those here who have had questions or problems with their R6, but it seems to be handled "quietly" on a "case by case" basis, and only when HiBy decides to respond.

If you have reached out to HiBy to request a repair, return, or replacement, please post your experience here and how you feel it was handled, how long it took, and what costs were incurred, if any (return shipping, more import/customs fees, etc.)?

And I'm not saying that other DAPs & manufacturers are perfect, but we as a community are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to support these manufacturers by purchasing these products, and we should be given some official recourse in the event of a problem. I understand that units sold by a retail dealer might or should be supported by the dealer itself on a local basis, but...^

Overall I think that the R6 is an amazing DAP, but some main features and claims that were described in the Indiegogo campaign that were touted as being unique to this DAP and a major reason to purchase it are still not available and/or are not functioning properly.

/That is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back