HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 27, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #3,871 of 6,622
Could you provide more detail about how to do this? Where is the "in sequence"? I don't have a playlist, shuffle or loop play selected. At least I don't think I do.

Are you accessing the album from "Artists"? - if so , that is how the Hiby App works. To the right of the "Shuffle all" there is an icon >1/2 circle with a list< tap that ..the album or albums by that artist should show up- tap the album cover and that should now show/play proper playback order.
I think it is a strange default behavior, hopefully in the future the default can be changed.

Now if you are accessing your album from the "Albums" category and it's not in order- there is a problem.

I don't have the R6 here but I have several devices with Hiby app and that is how it works.

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #3,872 of 6,622
It's an option inside player, you need to choose the one with straight arrows"in sequence ".

I know :) I asked them if they could change it to the album view in default. They seem to prefer list view of entire collection when selecting Artist.
Joe said they would look into.
But the new update for the phone app came out they did not change it. So I guess they either forgot or are not going to change it.

Jun 27, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #3,873 of 6,622
Could you provide more detail about how to do this? Where is the "in sequence"? I don't have a playlist, shuffle or loop play selected. At least I don't think I do.
This is the best I can do, my player is at home.
This is your now playing screen. above the purple area where pause button is shown you can see to the left there are 2 arrows. This means it will play in consecutive order.
upload_2018-6-27_6-16-39.png

Jun 27, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #3,874 of 6,622
This is your now playing screen. above the purple area where pause button is shown you can see to the left there are 2 arrows. This means it will play in consecutive order.

I really dont understand why software always have these touch buttons on the front screen to control shuffle/repeat etc
They always end being pressed and changed. Annoying.
I tend to stick to one way of playing tracks.

Jun 27, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #3,875 of 6,622

If it's any consolation it's caught me out a couple of times.

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #3,877 of 6,622
After spending a bit of time with the R3 and R6 now, I'm finding the R3 not really that convenient for me. And really, it's nothing more than the touchscreen. Dunno why such a tangential thing could irritate me so much, but the touchscreen calibration on the R3 isn't quite right and I keep clicking the top half in attempt to hit some button or other and the damn pull-down menu keeps popping in.

It's a small thing, admittedly a tiny issue, but it happens just about every time and I have to be extra careful to hit this very narrow range, (high enough to hit the button I want to hit, but low enough for the pull down menu to not pop in). The touchscreen on the R6 is so much better, just a joy to use, I love it. Hiby made some really great decisions with the R6. It works well with the 3.5mm balanced IEMs that I ordered bundled with it, and it works great with all my headphones. Bought the ifi iematch but never use it. The cascade, nightowl, kse1200, pm-3 all work great with the R6. I never connect my semi-open or open headphones to it, and haven't really given them long test times on the R6, but the closed headphones all work just fine.

My only tiny regret is getting the heavier stainless steel version. Not really sure what value that had except being heavier, lol. Just seemed really cool at the time, but wish I'd purchased the lighter aluminum versions now that I've had some time with the R6. Of course, if I'd gotten the aluminum version, it'd probably have bothered me to not get the steel version, so, it's all good.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #3,878 of 6,622
Hey folks,

Advanced MP3 Players have come to an agreement with HiBy to do UK/EU distribution for their products. This will make it a lot easier for UK/EU customers to get hold of these units in the future. However, we have to order a certain number of units before HiBy are able to ship them to us. I was wanting to determine how many people in the UK/EU would be interested in purchasing the R6? If we can drum up enough interest, we'll start ordering stock in, with stock available hopefully in late July. For what it is worth, I had a chance to try the HiBy products out at the Munich show in May and really enjoyed them. Feel free to message me with any questions or to express your interest. Cheers.

Jun 28, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #3,879 of 6,622
Are you accessing the album from "Artists"? - if so , that is how the Hiby App works. To the right of the "Shuffle all" there is an icon >1/2 circle with a list< tap that ..the album or albums by that artist should show up- tap the album cover and that should now show/play proper playback order.
I think it is a strange default behavior, hopefully in the future the default can be changed.

Now if you are accessing your album from the "Albums" category and it's not in order- there is a problem.

I don't have the R6 here but I have several devices with Hiby app and that is how it works.
Thanks for that explanation. I’ll give that a try soon. Since I didn’t have shuffle or continuous loop selected I couldn’t understand why the track order was so random.

Jun 28, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #3,880 of 6,622
So, listened a lot to my Hiby R6 and just again put my old Fiio E17K Alpen - damn, it is much more friendly with my Meze 99C - Hiby more audiopile sound, but Fiio came back to love, so it is not portable it is just amp. Also hiby works great via lineout - coax to my main system, but my preference is very soft sound so maybe Hiby is looking for another owner, my unit is working perfect wifi as well, as i changed it cause previous had bad wifi - can sell for 350 EUR - including shipment if someone interesting PM me. it is good Player but i listen to fiio ! :D Al stickers are not removed, just audio things is taste of matter :wink: to be honest Hiby R6 is head up then things is coming not to tance or dance music, even it has bass very good controlled, but its more audiophile thingy :wink: 350 EUR nothing more! Today drinking Whiskey, maybe later will change my mind, so by hurry :D

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #3,881 of 6,622
Hey folks,

Advanced MP3 Players have come to an agreement with HiBy to do UK/EU distribution for their products. This will make it a lot easier for UK/EU customers to get hold of these units in the future. However, we have to order a certain number of units before HiBy are able to ship them to us. I was wanting to determine how many people in the UK/EU would be interested in purchasing the R6? If we can drum up enough interest, we'll start ordering stock in, with stock available hopefully in late July. For what it is worth, I had a chance to try the HiBy products out at the Munich show in May and really enjoyed them. Feel free to message me with any questions or to express your interest. Cheers.

What price ?

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #3,884 of 6,622
Jun 30, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #3,885 of 6,622

Agreed with @Signal2Noise , this image needs context before we can draw some conclusions :)

Anything will break if dropped from high enough or if hit hard enough. since the back of R6 is mostly glass, it should be left with its protector on, and if not, it should be kept away from hard rocks that have a higher durity than glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back