HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Jun 22, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #3,841 of 6,622
Hi R6 users, will 5Ghz wireless network will eliminate R6 intermittent wifi dropout?

If yes, I would invest to purchase dual wireless router, as my SONOS Connect can only sit on 2.4Ghz wireless network.

edit: To clarify further, the wifi is not terrible bad, when wifi is connected, connection speed, ping time is good. Everything is fine, I treat this as pure audio device, hardly watch video from R6, the only thing I do is to download Tidal and listen offline, but sometimes do face download interruption due to wireless dropout.

@Joe Bloggs I have had forwarded my wifi analyzer photos for your good advice. Thanks.

How to check my R6 is latest batch , any clue from serial number ?

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #3,842 of 6,622
Hi guys, I just got this dap for a day. Everything is fine except the touch screen is not responding well to my touch. Swipe back and forth is fine. But whenever i want to choose a song or typing. I have to press it harder than normal smartphone or other dap i 've been used. Is that a defect? Or this device just have low sensitive touch screen? I'm using it with screen protector applied. Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #3,843 of 6,622
Hi R6 users, will 5Ghz wireless network will eliminate R6 intermittent wifi dropout?

If yes, I would invest to purchase dual wireless router, as my SONOS Connect can only sit on 2.4Ghz wireless network.

edit: To clarify further, the wifi is not terrible bad, when wifi is connected, connection speed, ping time is good. Everything is fine, I treat this as pure audio device, hardly watch video from R6, the only thing I do is to download Tidal and listen offline, but sometimes do face download interruption due to wireless dropout.

@Joe Bloggs I have had forwarded my wifi analyzer photos for your good advice. Thanks.

How to check my R6 is latest batch , any clue from serial number ?

I've been trying to stream my R6 music to my Sonos setup (two 5's on a Mac) without any success.
YMMV

Jun 22, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #3,844 of 6,622
I've been trying to stream my R6 music to my Sonos setup (two 5's on a Mac) without any success.
YMMV
Hokuahi, yours are Sonos speaker or Sonos Connect Network Media Player ? I have no problem connecting my Bluetooth Bose Sound link Mini II .

Currently I have 7 devices connecting to 2.4Ghz wifi network . If 5Ghz wifi is good , I would switch few to 5Ghz platform ...But I need to be ascertained before I am getting a dual wireless band router

Jun 22, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #3,845 of 6,622
How about Hiby R6 and some sweet music? :)

Ken Ashcrop - Blue

Audiophile-Heaven-iFi-iEMatch-25mm-2.5-Review-Photo-22.jpg

Jun 22, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #3,847 of 6,622
Did you notice a difference when using the iEMatch? I actually just ordered one and it's on its way to me.

Less volume :)

I am really not quite that sensitive to either hiss or background noise, and I listen really loud, it would be hard to say I noticed any difference, but this is the 2.5mm version as well, so if you ordered a normal 3.5mm version, you might hear more differences, as the single ended output of R6 had that really high output impedance.

Jun 22, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #3,848 of 6,622
Less volume :)

I am really not quite that sensitive to either hiss or background noise, and I listen really loud, it would be hard to say I noticed any difference, but this is the 2.5mm version as well, so if you ordered a normal 3.5mm version, you might hear more differences, as the single ended output of R6 had that really high output impedance.

I ordered the 2.5mm as well. I have a couple of IEMs that are balanced. Does the balanced out have a different output impedance than single ended?

Jun 22, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #3,850 of 6,622
Hokuahi, yours are Sonos speaker or Sonos Connect Network Media Player ? I have no problem connecting my Bluetooth Bose Sound link Mini II .

Currently I have 7 devices connecting to 2.4Ghz wifi network . If 5Ghz wifi is good , I would switch few to 5Ghz platform ...But I need to be ascertained before I am getting a dual wireless band router

They are just the speakers (Play 3s, not 5s) set up via Ethernet from one to my router and the second paired via WiFi. My router is dual band and the weird thing is I always use the 5Ghz band so it seems like they run off the 5Ghz. Probably though they run off the 2.4Ghz invisibilly.

Jun 23, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #3,851 of 6,622
They are just the speakers (Play 3s, not 5s) set up via Ethernet from one to my router and the second paired via WiFi. My router is dual band and the weird thing is I always use the 5Ghz band so it seems like they run off the 5Ghz. Probably though they run off the 2.4Ghz invisibilly.
Oh really, I thought once you have set your wireless device to 5Ghz network, it will stay there. I am indecisive if I need to change my router to dual band for the R6 and IPTV box . Appreciate if Joe can chip in and advise.

Jun 23, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #3,853 of 6,622
What router do you have?
I have a R7000 which is dual and the R6 you can set it as both,2.4 or 5ghz
My router is provided by Telco, Technicolor , only 2.4 GHz wifi.

If 5Ghz is good for R6, I will upgrade my router to dual-band as few devices can only connect to 2.4 GHz network.

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #3,855 of 6,622
Oh really, I thought once you have set your wireless device to 5Ghz network, it will stay there. I am indecisive if I need to change my router to dual band for the R6 and IPTV box . Appreciate if Joe can chip in and advise.

I have a couple of other devices that I know only work with 2.4Ghz so what exactly is happening is above my pay grade... Like you said, maybe @JoeBloggs or perhaps someone else knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back