Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated
Jan 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

myap2328

500+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a headphones that are bassy and yes i did visit the bass head club already and yes I have already read tons of forums on headfi, visited inner fidelity, read a gazillion reviews on many many numerous websites, but I really need an answer and please be helpful thanks!

I have a couple (a lot actually) of headphones in mind. I am not sure which to get. I want bass, tons and tons of bass but I also wish to have clarity. I don't mind overly accentuated bass but I also seek clarity and a clamping force enough or me to run with the headphones on my head. Yes I would like my headphones to be good looking but this is not a very important aspect. My budget is 400 and below (USD) cos I assume this an American forum right? I am from Southeast Asia and the prices are different here so I don't want to confuse you guys.

These are my few headphones in mind;
-Beats Pro ( Wait! B4 all of you guys start scolding me for being an idiot, I know very clearly the price of this headphones are a little on the high side but I really like the bass on these cans)

-Beats Studios (I hav not tried them yet but heard they are bassier than the pros. And yes I know everybody here hate them.)

-Beyer COP (Not available in my country yet)
-Beyer DT770 (Apparently discontinued but if its gd i will find a way to get it)
-Beyer DT990 (Bass is only sufficient and it's semi open.)

-Denon D400 ( I had a awkward experience with them but I am gonna giv them another shot)
-Denon D2000 (It's discontinued but is it dat gd?)
-Denon D1100 (Have not tried them but heard they are gd)

-Vmoda M100 (Not available in my country yet)
-Vmoda LP and LP2 (Have not heard them yet)
-Vmoda M80 (Have yet heard them but read that they are bass shy, is this true?)

-ATH M50 (Are they Bassy? Have yet to try them out)
-ATH PRO700mk2 (I heard the 70 Ann ver have specially designed drivers, is there a diff btw the normal ones?)

-Sony XB Series (I can only find the 200/400/600/1000, Are they gd?)

-Pioneer HDJ 2000 (Heard they are gd but not as gd as others eg. Mixmasters)

-AKG K167/267 TIESTO (Do they hav the bass?)

-Skullcandy Aviators (Heard they don't isolate well but have pretty gd bass)
-Skullcandy Mixmasters (They aren't exactly very comfortable becos of the shallow cup)

-Sennheiser Amperior (Most of u are gonna recommend this like how u guys are gonna say the m50s are the best but I would like a fair comparison to the others)
-Sennheiser Momentum (Are the Bassy enuf?)

-Phillips Fidelio L1 (Not available yet in my country but Tyll at innerfidelity say they are good but not a bass head can, are the Bassy enuf)

-Aiaiai TMA-1 (Have yet to try them out)

-AKG K550/551 (Have yet to try them out)

-Logic3 P200 (Bass is pretty good but have yet to compare it with others)
-Logic3 T250 an T350 (Have yet to try them)

I am gonna head down to my local store to do some tryouts and comparison but I want Ur opinions. I am going to use the Beats Pro as the standard for the amount and the quality of bass. Please point out to me those headphones I mentioned that are not up to the Pros standard (in terms of bass) and feel free to suggest other headphones with good bass too!

I mainly listen to Pop, house, but don't bother abt the music I want gd bass.

FYI if like headphone X has much better quality bass but fall short in terms of quantity when compared to the Pros, please tell me.

Thanks for the help! It's much appreciated.

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I am gonna head down to my local store to do some tryouts and comparison but I want Ur opinions. I am going to use the Beats Pro as the standard for the amount and the quality of bass. Please point out to me those headphones I mentioned that are not up to the Pros standard (in terms of bass) and feel free to suggest other headphones with good bass too!

I mainly listen to Pop, house, but don't bother abt the music I want gd bass.

FYI if like headphone X has much better quality bass but fall short in terms of quantity when compared to the Pros, please tell me.

Thanks for the help! It's much appreciated.

Every headphone I know has less bass than the Beats Pro. The Beats Pro has a +20dB boost to bass frequencies-that's enormous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back