Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 5, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #1,217 of 12,415
A surprising number of Grados around the U of T campus. Maybe I'll add to that number :p

Aside from that, nothing special, bunch o' Sonys. I did see a guy in the subway with SE530s once.

Dec 6, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #1,218 of 12,415
4 months ago when I was in Japan I spotted a men in his 40's wearing Shure e5c at Osu Nagoya.
Then a week later inside Nagoya Meijo Line between Kanayama and Kamimaezu station a guy wearing the Sony EX700 with a Kenwood with 30 or 60 GB, while I was wearing my HJE900 with HD10GB. We exchanged a few look to see what each other had.
Then, in the way back to Brazil before landing in New York, a guy had his Shure SE310 during the flight, while I had my q-JAYS.
Here in Brazil I saw a lot of Koss The Plug and a few Porta Pro.

Dec 6, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #1,219 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by dRummie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A surprising number of Grados around the U of T campus. Maybe I'll add to that number :p

Aside from that, nothing special, bunch o' Sonys. I did see a guy in the subway with SE530s once.

I've seen a couple of grados around the scarborough campus.

I always have my SE530s on in the subway, might've been me
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #1,220 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeMark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was at the Apple store in Boston and saw a guy with Ultrasone Edition 9s and it turned out to be a fellow hi-fier, Golden Ears. First time I ever spotted the UE-9s out and about. He was playing it through the TTVJ millet amp and lossless files off the ipod. Sounded really sweet.

Lee

He's a braver man than I.

Dec 6, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #1,222 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Saw a guy at UBC in the Forestry Lecture Room with custom molded in ears, they were an orange tint. XD On campus i normally sport the KSC75, a couple days the ATH ANC7 and normally the PL-30's

That was probably Roastpuff with his UE11pros.

Dec 7, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #1,223 of 12,415
Was meaning to post this a few weeks ago, but ESPN showed a clip of Travis Hansbrough was rockin a pair of d1001s while entering an arena for the tournament. He made them look quite small lol.

Dec 7, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #1,224 of 12,415
I think I saw Jason Kidd on ESPN in the locker room before the game with a pair of Custom IEMs. I am guessing that they were a pair of UEs. He was directly driving them out of an iPod.

Dec 7, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #1,225 of 12,415
Verne Lundquist, sports announcer....Sennheiser 25.
Kelsey Grammar..Dr. Pepper commercial..AKG of some sort

Dec 8, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #1,226 of 12,415
I saw a man on the train this morning wearing AKG K100s. Ever since getting into head-fi, (which is recently) I've been trying to spot someone wearing something not so common.

Dec 9, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #1,227 of 12,415
Hello all. I'm new to this audiophile thing, and this is my first post here.

Anyway, here in Singapore I see many Audio Technica SJ3s. I don't know what's with that particular pair of phones, but they're everywhere. On average, I see them about once a day (I work retail in town, and the shop I work in has by far the largest number of customers than any other store there).

I guess that at 60 odd dollars, selling at places like HMV, they'd be the first choice model for most who are getting their first pair of phones.

I also saw some Skull Candys the other day on my way home. Boy were you guys right, they are ugly. All cheap and plasticy looking. The girl sporting those was rather cute, but those phones made me stay back.

Oh, and my most interesting headphone encounter yet. Right, our shop closes at 10pm on the weeknights and Sundays. Today being a weeknight, we closed at 10. My colleage's friends came by to wait for her outside the shop. It just so happens that I whipped out my hps (white coloured ES7s) for a listen. At that time I hadn't noticed her friends. So anyway, one of her friend (a female) spotted me with my phones, and started waving frantically. This caught my attention and I looked over. That's when I noticed that she had the same phones too. I started waving back, and we communicated with sign language through the glass doors. It was a funny incident, but it brought joy to my day. After that, I tried to see if she ran a amp in her setup, but she didn't, and ran her ES7s straight to her iPod. Oh well, at least that cute girl doesn't use iBuds.

Dec 9, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #1,228 of 12,415
Saw a couple of ES7's yesterday + a cheap Phillips clip-ons (looks like the SHS3701 model going by 5 minutes of googling) and yes, another Skullcandy Rasta >.<
Only fee-paying student Asians have the ES7's really here.

Jan 22, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #1,229 of 12,415
A good week for headphones:

Tuesday: a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's
Wednesday: Audio-Technica ATH-M50

General trends: Full-size Sennheisers are on the increase (HD415, HD457). Unfortunately, Skullcrappies are too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back