Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 17, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #1,186 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was a little disturbed by my sighting today, because I don't think that the guy had any idea what was going on with his phones. He was wearing K701s hooked straight into an ipod NANO?! Walking down a busy street in the middle of New Haven. What? Sadly, I couldn't stop and comment (and sneakily find out wether he had an adequate amp and source for them) because I was really late to a meeting already.

I only hope that he can get more out of the 701s than that, but I'm not optimistic.

Be like standing in a snake exhibit; all the hissing. I pity his ears if this is true.

Dave

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #1,188 of 12,415
Saturday morning in Bournemouth town centre, I saw a bloke with a pair of PortaPros. Also around the colleges, a kid with a cream pair of those retro Panasonic RP-HTX7's, some parculiar looking gentleman with a guitar and a pair of Beyer DTX880's (maybe), a couple of students wearing Skullcandys and I can't remember which shop it was but there was a prety tall man with some Sennheiser HD555's.

Of course you can't avoid iBuds, they don't seem to be going out of fashion!

Nov 23, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #1,192 of 12,415
Tonnes of Sony MDR's and iBuds at my school. I get looks for wearing my SR-80. Although on the bus sometimes i see a guy with some Denon's(Don't know what type), thats about it. Nothing too exciting at U of T.

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #1,193 of 12,415
There are quite a few guys on my train who wear the Bose noise cancelling headphones. Another popular model are Bose TriPort IEMs. I also saw a few pairs of nondescript bluetooth headphones. Otherwise, it's a sea of stock iPod earbuds.

I saw a guy with a pair of Grados about a year ago, and a guy with DJ-type Skullcandy headphones (graffiti-painted ones). My favorite were the ye-olde-schoole Walkman headphones with orange pads.

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #1,194 of 12,415
About 4-5 years ago (when I was still in high school) I knew a music teacher that actually used a pair of AKG K601's ( I think that's what they were). He always had them on when we were taking our tests, and they were distracting.

Now for a sighting.

When I was taking the bus to work the other day, I saw a rather familiar set of cans on another person in the bus. It was actually the Sennheiser HD580's!! So I walked up to him and said "whoah dude! HD580's! Those are some good cans.". His reply was really funny. He said "Huh? You know about these Sennheiser phones?" So I said " Sure do, I actually own a pair of HD595 and a pair of HD600." So then we talked a bit about them until I had to get off at my stop.

He said that he got them based on some review he saw from a forum, perhaps this one?

Pretty cool to see someone who like the Senn house sound. If I see him again, I'll refer him to this site.

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #1,196 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by yaluen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just remembered I saw a B&O Form2 the other day at UBC. Pretty cool, though he probably got it from the Apple Store
frown.gif

I use the form 2 headphones and i got them at the B&O store now i wish i knew about head-fi before i got them so i couldve gotten something better for the price but i still love them for their style...trying to get akg k271/2. At my school, the university of maryland college park, i have seen Sennheiser 212 i think, Grado sr80, akg k240, skullcandy, a few koss full size cans, beats by dr.dre, sony v6, bose triports around ear, and the typical apple white earbuds.

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #1,197 of 12,415
On my way into Mandel Hall (on the U of Chicago campus) for a concert this afternoon, I saw someone outside the entrance wearing a pair of SR60s. I would have said something, but I could hear that he was listening to something, so I didn't say anything.

Nov 25, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #1,198 of 12,415
saw a guy with some d1001's on the arriba shuttle today going to campus (ucsd)

Nov 25, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #1,199 of 12,415
Saw some Ultrasone 780s on a kid walking out of the art building on my campus, Usual flora of Bose crap and sony MDRs that can be cheaply bought at the bookstore.

Im usually wearing my ES7s or SJ5s, and on occasion the Sr-225s. (SDSU)

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #1,200 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About 4-5 years ago (when I was still in high school) I knew a music teacher that actually used a pair of AKG K601's ( I think that's what they were). He always had them on when we were taking our tests, and they were distracting.

might be just 501. 601/701 came out not too long ago.
Released on: 08/15/2005

Users who are viewing this thread

Back