Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 4, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #1,246 of 12,415
lol my mates call me a headphone geek.. or just geek in general.
Saw someone at monash uni with a set of HD555's a few weks ago. other than ibuds at uni i see alot of senn cx300's floating around. Wonder if there are any other head-fiers there...

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #1,249 of 12,415
Saw some grado's in the cafeteria today. Not sure what model, out of an ipod, had flats.

Feb 5, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #1,251 of 12,415
Nothing to report @ Indiana University-Bloomington. A guy in my German class had a pair of DT880s (got to listen, pretty nice cans) last semester, but other than that just some Shures here and there, and a K81DJ a week or two ago.

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #1,252 of 12,415
there's MDR's everywhere, and triports and HTX-7's out the wazoo.

If any of you guys live in DC or NYC, though, you'll notice that a lot of people wear PX200's. I always see guys taking lunch or going to work with these on. I've seen a couple SR60's on the street in NYC, and some kid in my dorm definitely has an SR60. I've also seen a kid wearing HD555's in my dorm elevator.

hmm. NYU has some pretty high end stuff. In the protools lab they have HD280's, and my roommate who's in recorded music says they have K271's in the studios there. That's kind of to be expected, though. The studios are no joke.

Oh yeah there was that one time, I saw some guy wearing an RP-21 in front of Paragon sporting goods. That's kind of what reminded me that I should get some closed cans.

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #1,253 of 12,415
I saw some cool guy in Seattle wearing these awesome woodied phones, then I laughed to myself as I realized I was looking in a mirror
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #1,255 of 12,415
I saw a pair of grados, portapros, audio-technica es7, and sennheiser hd555 while walking to class about a couple months ago. I remember someone wearing a pair of hd485 in one of my lecture classes. I've also seen the px100s while on the bus. My lab partner is using a pair of sennheiser hd280.

I've seen a lot more headphones but I don't know what they are.

Feb 6, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #1,259 of 12,415
I've seen a couple of girls here with ES7s, one or two with ES55s, and a handful of people with Bose. There was one guy with Sennheiser 202s, but that's not so great. I was also crossing the street at one point and saw a guy on a bike with Grados (unfortunately don't remember the model).

Also Skullcandies don't really exist here yet (I've seen them in stores, albeit rarely), so the non-iBud options are usually cheap Sony's, Phillips, or the lower-end Audio-Technica IEMs.

Feb 6, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #1,260 of 12,415
I have seen a few Triports and a few too many Skullcandys. I proudly tote around my 555s. I have had people stare and laugh before, but I do not care. I have had a few people strike up a conversation with me about headphones. They try to say how their iBuds or whatever other junk is good. It usually ends up with them trying out my phones and wanting a pair.

I may look ridiculous, but I am in musical heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back