Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jan 25, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #12,541 of 12,596
Haha ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Not at all I'm happy to relieve you of your confusion!
I sold it with a Truthear Zero Blue & Creative SXFI Dongle on eBay for ยฃ50๐Ÿ‘
I'm constantly buying & selling things which have been "Fluffed Up*
by Reviewer's and end up being Pants๐Ÿคฃ
The problem i have with all IEM's, Earbuds, Headphones ect.. is i can NEVER get the Sub-Bass extension & Quantity i want need! I read all these reviews stating 'Pure Basshead with 10-15db Sub-Bass shelf and i bite but when i get said IEM it does have.a 10db.Bass boost BUT it's @80-90hz which is not a true Sub-Bass extension boost!
So what happens over time is accumulate s few of these IEM's over a few months and end up selling as a bundle which i end up loosing money dearly ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ™„
I know i know i can probably get this bass response i want from companies like Empire Ears, Fir Audio, 64 Audio but unfortunately they are just out my reach! The most expensive IEM i have ever purchased was the UM MEST MK2 and was seriously unimpressed especially the bass quantity! Dont get me wrong the quality was fantastic just not enough for me even with EQ!
This brings me on to a suggestion/recommendation that will hugely surprise many people but, the IEM i have purchased which turned out to have the best Sub-Bass extension & rumble even without EQ isn't even an IEM it's a TWS! LOL
It's the Edifier NeoBuds Pro!
10mm Composite Dynamic Driver & 1 Knowles BA.
It absolutely sounds phenomenal for the price & form factor๐Ÿ‘
Now don't get me wrong this.is NOT the IEM/Earbud you use to take you on a musical journey whilst sitting at home, it's just the "Perfect" IEM for out & about or at work or the gym all for the super price of ยฃ99.
I think iv said enough now lol but before i go i would love to get anyone's impressions on an IEM I'm looking to buy, "Apparently" one review on AliExpress says it goes down to 15hz and he's actually measured it and got that result?
It's the 'Tiandirenhe TD15?
I would love if anyone could give me there real world take on it?
Merry Christmas & Happy New Years To You All
๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ
If you want to have more quantity on the UM Mest Mk.2, try replacing the cable with the EA Cleopatra.

I've experienced it, it's great.
It feels like the bone conduction driver on my UM Mest Mk2 works better with the EA Cleopatra cable.

Feb 1, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #12,542 of 12,596
So it's been a long minute since I've been on this forum
Been a Basshead for life....

Came here to see what the recent top offereings are in IEMs
But.......

Can we get a tier list or links to a table or some type of established Pyramid of Greatness.....
837 pages of posts and would have no idea where to start....

My inventory:
-Xenn Mangrid Tea 2s***
-Yamaha MP200W**
-Sony MDR XB90EX
-Shure 215-CL
-Sony XB700s
-Jabra Elite 85ts**

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #12,543 of 12,596
So it's been a long minute since I've been on this forum
Been a Basshead for life....

Came here to see what the recent top offereings are in IEMs
But.......

Can we get a tier list or links to a table or some type of established Pyramid of Greatness.....
837 pages of posts and would have no idea where to start....

My inventory:
-Xenn Mangrid Tea 2s***
-Yamaha MP200W**
-Sony MDR XB90EX
-Shure 215-CL
-Sony XB700s
-Jabra Elite 85ts**
Would be really useful for me as I don't have a truly great bass head set. Also price wise would help with budgeting!

Feb 4, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #12,546 of 12,596
So.............................

I am going to describe it like this.....
I am a Hip Hop head and play games....
Shure 215 DO block out noise but I suppose I would call it's Bass delivery "klunky"
XB90EX is much smoother and has the best overall delivery of the three (lower noise and consistent bass)
I don't really feel like the 85ts get near either of the wired as far as bass but are still very good on mids and highs

Also gotta put out an honorable mention to those Yamahas; are SURPRISINGLY good (bass overall and and are prolly the best value of all the ones I've had or in my past....
I liked the Jaben Audio Hi-Fis and were my ish but they don't make them anymore so the Yamahas actually are close and maybe even "better" only d/t cost

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #12,547 of 12,596
And....

Btw.....I wound up getting the Blon BL03 HiFi Hear IEMs to give them a whirl
I think overall for $40 they're decent...
But they are not as comfortable as my other pairs. I think the bass is generally lacking in comparison to others in my Inv and the wire is ass....
I suppose I could just replace it and perhaps maybe that would be the difference but out of the box it's about to be expected at it's price point...
I personally don't believe in spending over $400 for IEMs and especially with my history of IEMs where one of them will just go out with no explanation....
But for the Blon-BL03 to be #2 on that 2023 list IDK..... afterwards tho most of those offerings were $200+ so I am not in reach of that type of money to spend on all of them
Perhaps some others of you should give the Blons a try and see if you think I'm smoking crack but IMHO I would NOT get them again but they aren't complete trash and will rotate them w/in my collection...

My inventory:
-Xenn Mangrid Tea 2s***
-Yamaha MP200W**
-Sony MDR XB90EX
-Shure 215-CL
-Blon BL03 Hi Fi Hear
-Sony XB700s
-Jabra Elite 85ts**

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #12,548 of 12,596
HBB is sending me the new Hades colab withQKZ it looks to have crazy bass will report when it arrives.

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #12,549 of 12,596
It's pretty much impossible to really find the overall winner in IEMs let alone cans....
that being said this guy says the 7Hz Zero is the best cheap IEM out there....

IDK.....
Can anyone chime in or send a link to a better list?

Feb 21, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #12,552 of 12,596
Sooooooooooo....HERE is this cat's newest list.....
Those Moondrop IEMs are listed as A+ and was on the S-Tier in 21'
$520 for a pair of IEMs? Too rich for my blood but let's hope there is SOMEONE who frequents this site that may have some insight......

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #12,553 of 12,596
The ZiiGaat Doscincos are getting some early traction at the moment, and seem like a great set for bassheads. Couple of reviews on YouTube, but most people had theirs shipped during the CNY so expect a lot more feedback in a week or two. If they're in your budget ($270), I'd maybe wait until there's a little more out about them but early reviews are extremely positive. They've got a bass-heavy tuning, as well as 2x 10mm DDs (in an "isobaric" configuration, apparently a controversial use of term) handling the low-end. Should be pretty special.

Feb 21, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #12,555 of 12,596
Anyone tried the Moondrop Variation and how does it fare against the other bassy IEMs?
No. Just no. It's a mids focused set that tunes the ear gain response above the norm (to me, this results in an unnaturally elevated center stage), but bass is a no no. The LCP driver is straining at the limits to render what it does, and it clips when you feed it heavy mid-bass. Skip that and get a FF scarlet mini.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back