Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 17, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #12,511 of 12,596
The FatFreq Maestro/Maestro SE has excellent bass, including the quality of the bass as well as quantity.
I have read that the Nightjar Singularity is terrific for bass, as well, but have not had the pleasure myself.

Sep 17, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #12,512 of 12,596
The FatFreq Maestro/Maestro SE has excellent bass, including the quality of the bass as well as quantity.
I have read that the Nightjar Singularity is terrific for bass, as well, but have not had the pleasure myself.
I have the Singularity. While it has a powerful, rumbly bass, it's so even across the FR, it's hard to call it basshead level. But it is spectacular, IMHO, with beautiful, coherent, snappy bass.

Sep 17, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #12,513 of 12,596
The mini is all about Bass, not much else really. It does its job though at it's pricepoint.
Oh man. I disagree. I love the overall signature of the Mini. A bunch.

Sep 18, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #12,514 of 12,596
Oh man. I disagree. I love the overall signature of the Mini. A bunch.

I guess I am used to bass heavy iems with more pronounced mids, when I get back to the mini, kinda felt they're taking a backseat.

It's good that you love the mini! I love mine too at it's price bracket.

Sep 18, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #12,515 of 12,596
I guess I am used to bass heavy iems with more pronounced mids, when I get back to the mini, kinda felt they're taking a backseat.

It's good that you love the mini! I love mine too at it's price bracket.
Well there we go. I actually prefer less pronounced mids. So they are definitely tuned to my preference.

Sep 18, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #12,516 of 12,596
I gotta say that one of my favorite basshead sets is the excellent CFA Dorado 2020. A bass that feels a lot like Z1R and thick mids with beautiful treble still.

Bought recently at Drop for an insane $599. One of my better deals of '23 for sure.

Sep 18, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #12,517 of 12,596
Ok, for pure basshead experience you might try the 7hz Legato, which sells for a bit over $100. The bass is really powerful and the quality of the bass is not bad at all. It works well for some genres of music but not others, as it's not any kind of "all arounder."

Sep 19, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #12,518 of 12,596
Has anyone heard more from FatFreq regarding an actual release date for the Scarlet Minis? All their website says is late September and forums have been kinda quiet about them for a couple of months now.

Oct 5, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #12,519 of 12,596
I received kbear rosefinch and qkz x hbb and try them.

qkz x hbb (not khan) is bad than rosefinch. Bad and narrow bass stage. for example bass is like mono and bad mono 1 subbass speaker is front of me.
rosefinch has soft, deep and good bass stage. it is very good for this price.
Update:

i changed my qkz x hbb cable with QKZ T1 cable. Consequence: bass is very very good and deep, maybe my stock cable was faulty.

Dec 1, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #12,520 of 12,596
Dear friends,

i need your helps. i want buy new iem. i always listen hiphop and triphop. i am a basshead.

what is your advice?
Simgot ea500 or Kiwi ears quartet

Dec 1, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #12,521 of 12,596
Dear friends,

i need your helps. i want buy new iem. i always listen hiphop and triphop. i am a basshead.

what is your advice?

For sure EA500 is not a basshead set, but it's a pretty brilliant set.

QUARTET is ok as a basshead set.

There is also the 7Hz Legato, some FatFreq IEMs (Maestro Mini, etc), IMR BC-2023, and others
(it's a rather populated market).

Dec 1, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #12,523 of 12,596
Dear friends,

what is your advice?
Kiwi ears melody is not bad, excellent mid-bass, but if its your first iem where you put money, go for a dd all-rounder, a better investment than something just for bass like legato...

Dec 13, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #12,524 of 12,596
Wow, thread's dead, but basshead iems are so alive and well!

Hello, FiR Xe6/CFA Trifecta (expensive) and SR7/Penon 10th (way less expensive)!!!
So would you consider the Penon 10th AE Basshead?

Dec 13, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #12,525 of 12,596
I received kbear rosefinch and qkz x hbb and try them.

qkz x hbb (not khan) is bad than rosefinch. Bad and narrow bass stage. for example bass is like mono and bad mono 1 subbass speaker is front of me.
rosefinch has soft, deep and good bass stage. it is very good for this price.
Totally agree 👍
I didn't find the qkz xhbb that good at all i sold it after a week 😂 lol
On the other hand i think the KBear Rosefinch MAGNIFICENT with some of the deepest Sub-Bass up to $100 in "My" opinion! I think it easily trades blows with my 7hz Legato for a fifth of the price!
I'm just REALLY hoping KBear would make a Rosefinch Pro leaving EVERYTHING the same , don't touch a thing and just add a Knowles Mid-High Balanced Armature Drivers and charge $50 and I'm absaloutly positive you would have one of if not the best Basshead IEM up to & over $100?
Iv tried hunting the interweb to find a way to contact KBear and request this Rosefinch Pro but cannot for the life of me find a way to contact them?
Iv tried on AliExpress but never get an answer!
SOOOO, "IF":KBear ever read this OR anyone can reach out to them , pretty PLEASE consider making a Rosefinch Pro,?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back