Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Feb 22, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #12,556 of 12,592
I love a bassy set, I think bass is super important to all music, and it makes it a lot more fun to listen to most music. That being said, I am really enjoying the bass on the Tangzu Fudu. It thumps really good and the rumble is pretty satisfying. As a "mature basshead" I recomend these to someone looking for bass. Check them out.

Feb 25, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #12,558 of 12,592
T
If you want to have more quantity on the UM Mest Mk.2, try replacing the cable with the EA Cleopatra.

I've experienced it, it's great.
It feels like the bone conduction driver on my UM Mest Mk2 works better with the EA Cleopatra cable.
Unfortunately iv sold my MEST now but thanks for the advice 👍

Feb 25, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #12,559 of 12,592
I love a bassy set, I think bass is super important to all music, and it makes it a lot more fun to listen to most music. That being said, I am really enjoying the bass on the Tangzu Fudu. It thumps really good and the rumble is pretty satisfying. As a "mature basshead" I recomend these to someone looking for
Totally agree and I'll check the Fudu out at some stage thanx for the rec👍

Feb 25, 2024 at 1:33 AM Post #12,560 of 12,592
SOOO, If you had .£500/$600 what would be your choice as the best Basshead IEM??
I'm clearing out some of the IEM's i don't really use anymore and will hopefully have this budget once iv sold everything?

Feb 25, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #12,561 of 12,592
SOOO, If you had .£500/$600 what would be your choice as the best Basshead IEM??
I'm clearing out some of the IEM's i don't really use anymore and will hopefully have this budget once iv sold everything?
For that price does anything beat the FatFreq Maestro / Scarlet Mini? I like the ThieAudio Hype 2 / 4 series around that price too but I EQ up the subbass by about 2 or 3 db.

Feb 25, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #12,562 of 12,592
For that price does anything beat the FatFreq Maestro / Scarlet Mini? I like the ThieAudio Hype 2 / 4 series around that price too but I EQ up the subbass by about 2 or 3 db.
Tbh, right now, the TSMR X, switches set to full bass is pretty remarkable at $400. Also nice that the next switch down provides a super balanced sound but still retains the low end thump.

Feb 27, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #12,563 of 12,592
How would folks know about this set?

So I guess here is this site's review(er) and then here is a video review....
Seems there are several "copy cats" of Z-Reviews but that guy listens and demos to songs that I would play....

$637 huh....too rich for my blood

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #12,564 of 12,592
How would folks know about this set?

So I guess here is this site's review(er) and then here is a video review....
Seems there are several "copy cats" of Z-Reviews but that guy listens and demos to songs that I would play....

$637 huh....too rich for my blood
FatFreq has been massively hyped for the past year since they dropped the Maestro Mini and Maestro SE. I’d be more surprised if a person searching for basshead IEMs hasn’t heard about them from one of their favorite reviewers at this point.

Take a look at the Maestro Mini if you want something a bit lower priced.

Mar 2, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #12,565 of 12,592
Minis for $799??????
Universals for $480

Hmmm....IDK what scenario you could use these in and feel comfortable other than them just sitting on a desk. At these prices and no way to actually "audition" them IDK man....
Also I guess I don't really pay attn where are these hyped at? Maybe there is a person to follow....I'm not in the Can/IEM arena much I guess....

Mar 2, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #12,566 of 12,592
Minis for $799??????
Universals for $480

Hmmm....IDK what scenario you could use these in and feel comfortable other than them just sitting on a desk. At these prices and no way to actually "audition" them IDK man....
Also I guess I don't really pay attn where are these hyped at? Maybe there is a person to follow....I'm not in the Can/IEM arena much I guess....
I've seen these hyped everywhere. the maestro mini seems to be the best bang for buck basshead IEM around its price

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #12,567 of 12,592
Yeah I guess I'm out the loop then....I don't look for IEM news or nothing for them hitting me over the head...I play games and watch YT for entertainment but my feeds or FYPs are not geared toward Cans/IEMs so I never hear about any "new" offerings (thus why I came back here)

So what scenarios are you guys using a $800 pair of IEMs? travelling? Running? Daily chores?

Mar 3, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #12,568 of 12,592
I love FiR XE6 for the mid bass. Love the thickness this IEM give. For Sub bass at mid price - FatFreq Maestro Mini is good. However Maestro mini has much linear mid bass and has more of Sub bass. So if your music has lot of sub bass then it’s a good option. I recently got hold of 7Hz Zero 2 and it has good sub bass extension. Not bass head IEM in anyway but goes deep but again mid bass is just not there so may sound thin to many.
Nightjar Singularity is another good IEM for bass and is single DD. So DD lover will like this IEM.

I will listen to Trifecta this Canjam however I have no doubt that it is one of the best IEM for bass at a price though.

Mar 3, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #12,569 of 12,592
As an outlier the Campfire Cascara is a basshead delight, thick with dominant bass with none to recessed mids and treble detail that doesn't fatigue at high volume. A very warm luscious experience not audiophile in its usual accepted description but huge fun especially with classic rock and hip hop

Mar 3, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #12,570 of 12,592
Yeah I guess I'm out the loop then....I don't look for IEM news or nothing for them hitting me over the head...I play games and watch YT for entertainment but my feeds or FYPs are not geared toward Cans/IEMs so I never hear about any "new" offerings (thus why I came back here)

So what scenarios are you guys using a $800 pair of IEMs? travelling? Running? Daily chores?
I use a few $1000 + pairs for practically everything but working out. It actually makes me look forward to going on flights now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back