Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Nov 25, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #12,437 of 12,597
Thanks. I am looking for something in the CHI FI range of iems like Tin Audio, Mangird etc. Any suggestions ?
I'll go out on a limb and suggest the CCA PLA13. The main critisism is, that it just has too much bass. In this thread I can say, that sometimes that isn't a bad thing! Due to lack of popularity that is going to make it VERY cheap, as they try to move their stocks, while everyone flocks to the latest FOTM. I haven't checked, but it's bound to be dirt cheap somewhere in the Black Friday or later "Ghost of FOTM Past" sales. :L3000:

Nov 26, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #12,438 of 12,597
I enjoy a exciting, bass-driven sound to my IEMs. I had an EE EVO and Cayin N6ii rig until recently when I sold both. I then bought B&W PX8 headphones for out and about that they are pretty great to be fair. Yet I have a nagging urge to buy back into the DAP/IEM game once more. Usage is for out and about only, I listen to a lot of Hip-Hop/R&B/Electronic music so this sound signature lends well.

With a budget of approx £1K, should I just buy another pair of used Sony Z1R-IERs which I had and enjoyed before, even the fit worked for me. Another option is the CFA Supermoon, I enjoy CFA IEMs and have had Atlas, Vega 2022 and Solaris 2022, these are pushing the budget towards the sub-£2K used IEMs which then means I may as well just buy another EVO. I was also looking at repurchasing an EE LX. As you can see, a bit unsure as to which way to go so just looking for suggestions/advice. Also, anything else I should be considering?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #12,442 of 12,597
Outside of the EE EVO I have not heard a better bass than the Z1R.

Jan 3, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #12,443 of 12,597
Hi everyone, newish member. Wondering if this esteemed group had any recommendations for me - I'm not the craziest basshead but looking for a pair of warm/warm-neutral IEMs with a hard hitting DD (for bass) that's still reasonably technical. I don't love Harman nor particularly v-shaped sound signatures as a lot (maybe most?) of my music is pretty male-vocal focused (rap, rnb, folk, blues, indie rock, soul etc.). My current favorite pair is my Sony IER-M9 which is borderline perfect for me except for missing the DD bass that I got with my variations, for example. Been thinking about/considering the 64 Audio Nio, EE Legend/Evo, or maybe one of the Mangirds? Ideally would find something for less than those but open to suggestions, thanks!!

Jan 3, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #12,444 of 12,597
Hi everyone, newish member. Wondering if this esteemed group had any recommendations for me - I'm not the craziest basshead but looking for a pair of warm/warm-neutral IEMs with a hard hitting DD (for bass) that's still reasonably technical. I don't love Harman nor particularly v-shaped sound signatures as a lot (maybe most?) of my music is pretty male-vocal focused (rap, rnb, folk, blues, indie rock, soul etc.). My current favorite pair is my Sony IER-M9 which is borderline perfect for me except for missing the DD bass that I got with my variations, for example. Been thinking about/considering the 64 Audio Nio, EE Legend/Evo, or maybe one of the Mangirds? Ideally would find something for less than those but open to suggestions, thanks!!

Audiosense AQ4 would fit the bill. Tuning is bass boosted warm neutral.

TRI I3Pro is another option under $200 that does very well with male vocals, bass boost certainly isn't as subtle on this one. DD, planar and Knowles BA but very coherent and warm sounding.

Both have been on sale for as low as $100, though not often.:L3000:

Jan 3, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #12,445 of 12,597

Noble Audio Jade

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #12,446 of 12,597
If you have a reasonably powerful DAP, or a dac dongle (they scale very well with good current), the pair below is more than adequate for your needs and wants.
They have excellent coherence, layering and separation. With the Serials' large sound field all (3) parameters are rendered very well.
You may also need putting order from chaos (complex passages) on tracks.
IMG_E2205.JPG

Check out some Impressions from other owners as well, most especially, from Kutuzov and Suman
Other owners' feedback

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:52 AM Post #12,447 of 12,597
My basshead set is the 12 BA MMR Balmung. Beautiful, deep bass seems to control its tuning throughout while delivering a superb high end. TOTL basshead IEMs that rock hard.

20230103_104029.jpg

Jan 4, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #12,448 of 12,597
Im quite happy with my custom 64audio N8… very nice, deep reaching bass, overall a bit warmer but not treble shy. Did not hear the universal variant though.

Jan 4, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #12,449 of 12,597
FIIO FD5 with a copper cable, doesn't need to be expensive... Matches you're requirements. They also can be experimented on with different tip combos tailoring the sound

Jan 17, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #12,450 of 12,597
hello guys, if you are interested in bassy, basshead, bass lover IEMs and Headphones, this facebook group will be the place to not be ashame enjoying and sharing about them. it will include a personal quest for best basshead IEMs from me as well (Erik Ikomori-Eric Lab).
I hope this community will be fun, friendly ,wild and informative. It just start in 2023. So all of you bass lover are welcome!
cheers!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2356925341002367

Users who are viewing this thread

Back