Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 28, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #11,761 of 12,591
Interesting, but that might be an overall rec not specifically pertaining to bass levels. I should be getting my set any day now....

Sep 28, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #11,765 of 12,591
The story behind that is I ordered the Blon 03 and the TRN V90 and recieved the BGVP ES12. Yeah... shipped them badboys to the actual buyers and still await the blon and trn. Ah is life.

Oct 18, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #11,766 of 12,591
I intrude on this discussion that I have been reading for some time because I am also interested in the subject.
personally I cannot support these criticisms of IMR products. I have just purchased the IMR R2 Aten and I must say that they have exceptional quality bass without compromising the rest of the frequencies that are always clean and precise. I am very satisfied with these IEMs so much that I am thinking of buying Zenit for the sole pleasure of having them.
Moreover I have direct experience of an excellent and very fast after sales assistance.
Even the RAHs look very promising, but before making this investment, I prefer to wait for a few comments from those who will have them soon.

Oct 19, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #11,768 of 12,591
Would anyone who has heard both the Hyla CE-5 and Aurisonics ASG 2.5 be able to comment on their respective quality/quantity of bass, and overall sound quality? I have the latter and am interested in the Hyla, but only if there is a clear step up.
Thank you,
Ryan

Oct 20, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #11,769 of 12,591
Would anyone who has heard both the Hyla CE-5 and Aurisonics ASG 2.5 be able to comment on their respective quality/quantity of bass, and overall sound quality? I have the latter and am interested in the Hyla, but only if there is a clear step up.
Thank you,
Ryan
Bass on the ASG 2.5 can be controlled, not on the CE-5.

it’s a bit crazy on the ASG :)

CE-5 is a more refined IEM though

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #11,770 of 12,591
I started in this hobby 3 years ago precisely reading this thread and the basshead headphone thread. This is why I'm posting over here before I sell some of my gear in the classifies. I have a pair of Sony XB90EX, Sony MDR-7550 and Aurisonics ASG 2.5 (red) for sale. PM me if interested.

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #11,771 of 12,591
CA Polaris v2 must be on this list, I'm an owner and have some other Iem's. Polaris v2 with my E12 that can handle without problems wihtout hiss at half volume, high gain, bass boost, eq only decreasing mids pre-amp (Eq up it's the worst when you have better quality, at least for me) and even Polaris have more impact, rumble than my V-moda M100 and you can say to not compare apples with oranges..yes Polaris v2 it's a bass monster, clean, punchy deep, fast bass, bigger soundstage more detailed than my big cans...yamaha hph pro500, v-moda m100 some sennheisers(talking about quality too)

Even I have 1500 car audio songs, original versions and modified and some serious low low bass songs that some big cans can't do it justice.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #11,772 of 12,591
CA Polaris v2 must be on this list, I'm an owner and have some other Iem's. Polaris v2 with my E12 that can handle without problems wihtout hiss at half volume, high gain, bass boost, eq only decreasing mids pre-amp (Eq up it's the worst when you have better quality, at least for me) and even Polaris have more impact, rumble than my V-moda M100 and you can say to not compare apples with oranges..yes Polaris v2 it's a bass monster, clean, punchy deep, fast bass, bigger soundstage more detailed than my big cans...yamaha hph pro500, v-moda m100 some sennheisers(talking about quality too)

Even I have 1500 car audio songs, original versions and modified and some serious low low bass songs that some big cans can't do it justice.

recently auditioned the Polaris II and the Atlas and I got to say the Atlas is truly an amazing set of earphones. Wasn’t a fan of the Polaris II, although this might be because I tried the Atlas first.

Nov 7, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #11,773 of 12,591
recently auditioned the Polaris II and the Atlas and I got to say the Atlas is truly an amazing set of earphones. Wasn’t a fan of the Polaris II, although this might be because I tried the Atlas first.

The Atlas really are cracking. Might not be the most detail orientated when compared to the BA counterparts but it’s so addictive and satisfying. Had it for about a year or so now and I can’t see myself ever selling it.

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #11,774 of 12,591
Hmmm. I haven't posted here in a while and that's overdue. Finding budget bass had led me to believe there is a lot of stuff out there that's very good. Most aren't tuned completely basshead, but so far my winner is the bqeyz bq3 with EQ. Amazingly strong bass, a bit on the boomy side possibly, but really nice to my ears. The TRN v90, spring 1, and Shuoer tape are also good roleplayers, with the TRN v90 being the most bassy OOTB, the spring 1 being very good if you have EQ/DSP, and the Shuoer having great punchiness and fast decay for a DD. The nicehck db3 and blon bl-03 are ones you can pass on. The KZ ZSX can have very big bass with EQ, but it's too slow and flabby for me.

I await my next round of basshead purchase prospects on 11.11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back