Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Nov 8, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #11,776 of 12,596
I find the Blon 03 with a decent powered amp scales well and yeah the bass is stunning.
Supposedly there might be a lot of unit variation out there, mine is just average and I have no desire to order a second pair. The bl-03 is pretty punchy, but the v90, bqeyz bq3 offer an overall better bass experience via extension, impact and overall head rattliness, and the Shuoer tape is even punchier than my blon-bl03.

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #11,778 of 12,596
I find the Blon 03 with a decent powered amp scales well and yeah the bass is stunning.
I agree, really enjoy the bass on the Blon.
My Blons produce more and better bass than the V90 (even without an amp). I don't have bqeyz or shuoer [have many KZ :frowning2: ] but I have almost every iem listed on the first page of this thread and to me the Blon is a worthy mention. A number of those iems may be able to rattle your head a little harder but not many have the great overall sound as the Blon.

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #11,779 of 12,596
Hmmm. I haven't posted here in a while and that's overdue. Finding budget bass had led me to believe there is a lot of stuff out there that's very good. Most aren't tuned completely basshead,.....
This has been my experience as well. We're living in some good times for iems, the number of good budget options is taking off. I'm not 100% sure there is agreement what basshead is (like everything in audio I see variation from person to person) but a lot of the 'budget bass' iems have really good to great bass but are hovering at the edge of what I think of as basshead. I can see them being considered basshead or just bassy. Blon is an example. Maybe TFZ no 3.
I'm guessing in the past there were more iems tuned purely for bass and the newer gen iems (that have elevated bass) are tuned for bass but as part of an overall sound/tune. Interesting to see how the industry evolves.

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #11,780 of 12,596
My BL03 blows the v90 and tape away in bass.
I was going to buy V90 but then at some of the Russian forums they talked me out of V90. I was told that BL03 are not for bassheads either. I am at a loss now. I've already ordered BL03. Shall I buy V90?

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #11,782 of 12,596
I was going to buy V90 but then at some of the Russian forums they talked me out of V90. I was told that BL03 are not for bassheads either. I am at a loss now. I've already ordered BL03. Shall I buy V90?
The v90 is like a better version of the kz zsx. You probably don't NEED it with what your already have, but, ya know... This is head fi.

If you think that bass is stunning you should check out the TFZ T2 or Semkarch CNT1, those are stunning.
Which is better? I own multiple TFZ older gen sets, so I'm not sure if I really need the CNT or no.3 or t2..... But ya know.... Really looking forward to trying some of the beryllium coated DDs like the shozy 1.1 or dunu Titan 6 instead, but if I need to try the CNT or no.3 I will.

Nov 9, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #11,783 of 12,596
I have the semkarch but not the tfz t2. I do have the tfz series 2, king, king exclusive, queen, tequila, & no 3. They all have elevated bass but for me the no 3 has the deepest and best sounding bass. The no 3 is the only one that competes with the Blon on bass and overall sound. I like them both but will grab the Blon to listen with more often.

Nov 9, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #11,784 of 12,596
The v90 is like a better version of the kz zsx. You probably don't NEED it with what your already have, but, ya know... This is head fi.

Which is better? I own multiple TFZ older gen sets, so I'm not sure if I really need the CNT or no.3 or t2..... But ya know.... Really looking forward to trying some of the beryllium coated DDs like the shozy 1.1 or dunu Titan 6 instead, but if I need to try the CNT or no.3 I will.
Better in terms of bass?
Well in quantity the CNT1 has more bass with the stock tips and black filters (comes with gold and black but you can also buy LZ A5/A6 filters and they work with this IEM). The CNT1 has less treble than the T2 but bass is more defined on the TFZ T2 but again, less of it (using whirlwind tips by tennmak), maybe that helps? I dunno, I like both and find them both better in quantity and quality in terms of bass compared to the Blon03. I do have a fit on the Blon 03 with wide bore and sony hybrids so that is not the issue there.

edit: I don't have the tfz no 3 but that will change asap

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #11,785 of 12,596
Your signature lists the Sony z5. That has more/better bass than the v90 and deeper bass than the Blon. To me the z5 sounds a lot better than the v90 overall however the Blon sounds better than the z5 overall. I'd argue you did right with the Blon.
Thinking of Sony, I love my mdr-ex800st. With the tape mod and EQ/amp many have argued it is the ultimate basshead and I have to agree (it's $237 on Amazon, cheaper than z5). Unfortunately I hate the fit but if you have the z5 you know what it's like.

Nov 9, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #11,786 of 12,596
Your signature lists the Sony z5. That has more/better bass than the v90 and deeper bass than the Blon.
I don't use them when outside. Too bulky to wear them out-of-doors.

Nov 9, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #11,787 of 12,596
Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #11,790 of 12,596
If you think that bass is stunning you should check out the TFZ T2 or Semkarch CNT1, those are stunning.
Which one of the two is bassier? I've already ordered T2. Should I try CNT1 too?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back