Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 3, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #11,731 of 12,591
I don't think anyone has the RAH. And by the looks of it, you basically just have to *trust* IMR if you want one, as they aren't shipping until the end of November and you have to pre-order now to get one. I don't see any reviews from demo units out there either.

I know that a lot of people like the R1 and the Aten but I think it's asking a lot for people to trust that IMR can properly tune this hybrid and deliver on time etc. Especially when you take into consideration the owner's shady past with other crowdfunded earphones. That being said, if they are actually good and they sell a lot of them, then it wouldn't make any sense to not do a second production... I would wait unless you have unlimited $$$.
Really helpful.
I'll wait better and I ll ask Bob if he can send me one for free to test it?
Thx a lot.

Sep 11, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #11,732 of 12,591
Time to start my search again. I’ve been happy with my various wired in ears but fancy some wireless for people like us. Bass and plenty of it but with a nice balanced mid,highs. The Sony xb90ex is a decent benchmark but obviously without wires.

Any suggestions welcome as none of the current wireless threads are bass head friendly. Too many flat and tonal comments.

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #11,733 of 12,591
Im a basshead and i need wireless but only semi. Radstone ES100 converts headphones into wireless. If you get a small cable you get something very portable with the es100.

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #11,734 of 12,591
Time to start my search again. I’ve been happy with my various wired in ears but fancy some wireless for people like us. Bass and plenty of it but with a nice balanced mid,highs. The Sony xb90ex is a decent benchmark but obviously without wires.

Any suggestions welcome as none of the current wireless threads are bass head friendly. Too many flat and tonal comments.
+1 for es 100. Retrofit those xb90ex with a mmcx connector, get a short balanced pure copper cable, so you can fed those 16mm drives with double voltage and there won't be nothing else from true wireless on the market to come close to the bass you'll get with this set up.

Sep 15, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #11,736 of 12,591
Sep 15, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #11,737 of 12,591
I don't think anyone has the RAH. And by the looks of it, you basically just have to *trust* IMR if you want one, as they aren't shipping until the end of November and you have to pre-order now to get one. I don't see any reviews from demo units out there either.

I know that a lot of people like the R1 and the Aten but I think it's asking a lot for people to trust that IMR can properly tune this hybrid and deliver on time etc. Especially when you take into consideration the owner's shady past with other crowdfunded earphones. That being said, if they are actually good and they sell a lot of them, then it wouldn't make any sense to not do a second production... I would wait unless you have unlimited $$$.

Yeah.. I have incidentally recommended IMR for the basshead stuff but I would not personally spend $ with them. Too much sketchy stuff in the background... The unfulfilled Kickstarter, taking $ for pre-orders (as Trinity Audio) and shipping absolute crap. Then starting IMR after the shitstorm from Trinity died down. And still doing the pre-order thing, get a hefty discount for 'high-end' IEM. I'd rather spend my $ elsewhere. I'd recommend anyone else do the same.

That head Fi still supports IMR/bob is just a suspicious to me. But I'm just a pleb :)

Sep 15, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #11,738 of 12,591
Sep 16, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #11,740 of 12,591
Im a basshead and i need wireless but only semi. Radstone ES100 converts headphones into wireless. If you get a small cable you get something very portable with the es100.
Love the ES100. The bass boost EQ setting in the app sounds wonderful on most if not all of my HPs.

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #11,741 of 12,591
I'm talking about quantity too not only quality !
Because quantity is a must for basshead.
Turn the volume up and the nice bass will disappear and will be thin and treble will go all the way up. You know what I mean.

If anyone has already received an imr Rah

please let us know and post your opinion please before 9 September because it will be no more available to order one.

Love u bassheads
I'm going to echo @redrol. I recently got the Sony EX800ST and did the vent tape mod and they are by far the best bass experience I've ever had with an IEM. That includes JVC FXZ200, Future Sonics G10 and JVC HA-FX850 to name a few.

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #11,742 of 12,591
I'm going to echo @redrol. I recently got the Sony EX800ST and did the vent tape mod and they are by far the best bass experience I've ever had with an IEM. That includes JVC FXZ200, Future Sonics G10 and JVC HA-FX850 to name a few.

How you been bruh?

Any bass bombers I should be reviewing? Gonna add a basshead list to my YT chan now that it has grown

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #11,743 of 12,591
How you been bruh?

Any bass bombers I should be reviewing? Gonna add a basshead list to my YT chan now that it has grown
Pretty good big guy. Living the basshead dream LOL. After the modded EX800ST, the next best IEM I would suggest is the Future Sonics G10. It doesn't have the quite the sub-bass quantity, details or airiness of the 800, but it is good. Comfort is out the roof and it isolates and fits like a glove for me (YMMV of course). I'm not sure about any recent Chi-Fi or other types of IEMs that would be good for bassheads. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back