Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Aug 6, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #11,701 of 12,591
You want amazing deep and powerful bass that goes below the limits or human hearing with bass you can feel, backed up with nice midrange and balanced treble? Look no further than the smaller brother to the Empire Ears Legend X, The Bravado! Amazing IEM for the asking price.

Interesting, I'm surprised these also haven't been discussed more. They got a very strong rec from BGGAR, he said they were 90% of the way to Legend X. Same price as R1Z too ($600). Could these be endgame basshead level sub-$1k? How does the bass compare to some of the other top recs in here?

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #11,705 of 12,591
I might have to disagree here. I have a few DD only IEMs (only 1 BA based - old UE900) and the Sony XB90EX with the 16mm driver has bass in spades that my smaller dynamic IEMs don't have (most are around the 10mm size). It could be tuning, but also could be the driver size - hard to explain in audiophile terms, but to my ears the Sony XB90EX have bass quantity and quality like nothing else I own.

LMAO yeah 16MM drivers are going to give you more bass than 10MM - ASSUMING YOU GIVE THEM POWER. Can you get more bass than one could ever want from a 10mm DD? Probably. But the 16mm's can still give you more. Suggesting otherwise is ludicrous. This is just bass QUANTITY. Quality of bass is another issue, but that's subjective.

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #11,706 of 12,591
Hi everyone, long time lurker and first time poster.
I'm not a total basshead per se, but I do enjoy some good, articulated bass, and had to get these good ol' JVC FX700 as I've heard a lot of good things about their bass performance.
IMG_2651.JPG
So far, I can see why so many absolutely adore these IEMs. The bass extension is truly striking, not muddy at all, has a lot of body and slam and can keep pace with fast-paced tracks rather well. The rest of the frequencies ain't too shabby either.
NowI wonder how much improved in terms of bass response has JVC managed to do in their Solidege Wood lineup.

Aug 17, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #11,708 of 12,591
Hi everyone, long time lurker and first time poster.
I'm not a total basshead per se, but I do enjoy some good, articulated bass, and had to get these good ol' JVC FX700 as I've heard a lot of good things about their bass performance.

So far, I can see why so many absolutely adore these IEMs. The bass extension is truly striking, not muddy at all, has a lot of body and slam and can keep pace with fast-paced tracks rather well. The rest of the frequencies ain't too shabby either.
NowI wonder how much improved in terms of bass response has JVC managed to do in their Solidege Wood lineup.

I've read that the sound signature is the same, but cleaned up and less syrupy. At least for the FW01... I don't think it lost the unique JVC Woodie sound, but does vary a bit from the 700/750/850/1100. I'm hesitant to buy them because I love my 850s so much. I would love to have the smaller shells of the FW series though..

Aug 24, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #11,710 of 12,591
Is there anything basshead under $100? All I see is $500 iems and it's ridiculous.

I haven't tried any of these: On the previuos page someone recommended the Sony mh755. Further in the past IIRC there were some Elecom Grandbass series IEMs a few people liked, I remember some mention of IT01, one of the TFZ models. Radius NHR21 on one of the front page lists, AD01 on the unamped list.For a little more there are the Yamaha EPH M200 which are on HBB's list.

I wouldnt' necessarily recommend because I'm not a dedicated basshead and there are possibly better budget options, but JVC fx99x, while haven't pushed bass are decent overall and have good extension for being easy to drive. IIRC someone here liked the cheaper fx77x also.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #11,713 of 12,591
Is there anything basshead under $100? All I see is $500 iems and it's ridiculous.

I haven't tried any of these: On the previuos page someone recommended the Sony mh755. Further in the past IIRC there were some Elecom Grandbass series IEMs a few people liked, I remember some mention of IT01, one of the TFZ models. Radius NHR21 on one of the front page lists, AD01 on the unamped list.For a little more there are the Yamaha EPH M200 which are on HBB's list.

I wouldnt' necessarily recommend because I'm not a dedicated basshead and there are possibly better budget options, but JVC fx99x, while haven't pushed bass are decent overall and have good extension for being easy to drive. IIRC someone here liked the cheaper fx77x also.

+ 1 for Radius NHR31. I've tried 80% of iems from no-amp list. With es100 voltage x2 balanced eq-ed, they deliver some serious impact bass. Second are Wooduo 2 and F.S. G10. All of them are not as clear on mids and highs as JVC woodios which are more on midbass focused but R31 come close enough, instead you get this kind of bass
https://tenor.com/view/bass-hair-happy-smile-blow-gif-12381434

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #11,714 of 12,591
+ 1 for Radius NHR31. I've tried 80% of iems from no-amp list. With es100 voltage x2 balanced eq-ed, they deliver some serious impact bass. Second are Wooduo 2 and F.S. G10. All of them are not as clear on mids and highs as JVC woodios which are more on midbass focused but R31 come close enough, instead you get this kind of bass
https://tenor.com/view/bass-hair-happy-smile-blow-gif-12381434

I was going to say that the JVC woodies too... (I have the 850s but want to try the 1100/1200 or newest FW01).

they are so warm and bassy, but not necessarily what qualifies as basshead in this thread. Easily my favorite IEM of all I've tried/owned/sold. The Woodies just have a unique sound. I always wanted to try the the wooduos also, but didn't buy when they were available :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back