Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 15, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #11,071 of 12,591
Not to sound like a dick but why do we see audeze and Telefunken in this thread and hear things like "They go deep and have the tightest bass of all my headphones but don't pound hard compared to my HD650" ? This is the basshead -IEM- thread! The hd650 shouldnt even be mentioned in any basshead thread

Well, I put everything to shame with my Cayin N3 + Sony XBA-N3 + Delinquent Habits O.G SCRATCH II

20-30hz peak dreams... 80-100hz peaks are for portable bluetooth speakers not for true bassheads

Lower East Side....

Bye bye single dynamic drivers, bye bye Aurisonics :)

Hot from Barcelona,Spain! ORIGINAL!

Tequilla + Hip Hop Dreams...

hasta luego!

( don't take me seriously :) )

We won't

Jul 15, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #11,072 of 12,591
New Trinity Audio Engineering PM6 has very very good bass. still burning in, treble losing harshness and bass getting more focused and less mushy, but definately a contender! PM4 recently made the basshead list, and
this is even better. Keep an ear on this one!!!!! GO BOB TRINITY!!!!
ps also gorgeous in scarlet red!

Jul 15, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #11,073 of 12,591
New Trinity Audio Engineering PM6 has very very good bass. still burning in, treble losing harshness and bass getting more focused and less mushy, but definately a contender! PM4 recently made the basshead list, and
this is even better. Keep an ear on this one!!!!! GO BOB TRINITY!!!!
ps also gorgeous in scarlet red!

I have the phantom sabre and new phantom master. Definitely have good bass. I was wondering about the pm6 and hunter. Good to know.

Jul 15, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #11,074 of 12,591
Not to sound like a dick but why do we see audeze and Telefunken in this thread and hear things like "They go deep and have the tightest bass of all my headphones but don't pound hard compared to my HD650" ? This is the basshead -IEM- thread! The hd650 shouldnt even be mentioned in any basshead thread

Well, I put everything to shame with my Cayin N3 + Sony XBA-N3 + Delinquent Habits O.G SCRATCH II

20-30hz peak dreams... 80-100hz peaks are for portable bluetooth speakers not for true bassheads

Lower East Side....

Bye bye single dynamic drivers, bye bye Aurisonics :)

Hot from Barcelona,Spain! ORIGINAL!

Tequilla + Hip Hop Dreams...

hasta luego!

( don't take me seriously :) )

Because in every society there are a selected few that can say or show things that are bat crap crazy, but won't lose any credibility from it :wink:

Jul 15, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #11,076 of 12,591
I have the phantom sabre and new phantom master. Definitely have good bass. I was wondering about the pm6 and hunter. Good to know.
still messing around with filters, tips, etc havent found the optimum combos yet. slight pull on the wires and the bass changes dramatically, so looking for
better seal !!!! soundstage is excellent, reverberations very electric when music adds vibrato, sounds like one is in a hall of echos....look forward to other
head-fiers impressions and tuning experiences with these!!!!

Jul 15, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #11,077 of 12,591
still messing around with filters, tips, etc havent found the optimum combos yet. slight pull on the wires and the bass changes dramatically, so looking for
better seal !!!! soundstage is excellent, reverberations very electric when music adds vibrato, sounds like one is in a hall of echos....look forward to other
head-fiers impressions and tuning experiences with these!!!!

I get that hall of echos feel with the phantom master as well. Are you using the balanced cable?
I like the mids. You have to really amp them for the bass. I wish they had a little more extension in the subass.

Jul 15, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #11,078 of 12,591
me too! now using silver litz cable i ordered over a year ago that finally came with my master six order!
it emphasizing detail and treble however. thanks for reminding me there is a balanced cable in the box!
mids are great, and yet amping brings out the bass! subbass will hopefully mature!

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #11,079 of 12,591
Just noticed Cayin C5 amp-version is only 100usd on Massdrop atm.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #11,080 of 12,591
07141715271_zpscrjtncip.jpg

Not basshead at all, but man....that stage. And it takes eq'ing like a champ

WHAT... ARE... THOSE? Did Darth Vader ask Koss to make him a custom headphone and then he sold it to you cos he was skint?

Jul 21, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #11,082 of 12,591
They are the iSine10.
I also think that the iSine products and the LCD-i4 are worth mentioning in this thread. I bought all my gear from the basshead threads and currently have: se846, sony z5, asg 2.5, 7550, xb90, Z1R and SZ2000 and drive all of them with my headstage arrow 5TX with enhanced bass boost, an iFi iCan Micro SE and an iPhone 6+.
All I can say is that the iSine20 and LCD-i4 rumble! The only thing I don't like is the isolation. The soundstage is the best I've heard so far. Those 30 mm drivers take power (3000mW) and eq like a champ, in fact, the iCan Micro SE drives them better than the arrow 5TX, and basically push them like I push the SZ 2000 (max gain, max bass boost on the amp + more eq with Neutron to raise the bass). Are they basshead ieh? I will let more experienced basshead members decide, but they definitely have the amount of subbass and midbass to satisfy me.
IMG_6393.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #11,083 of 12,591
Hi folks, not to sound negative but both my PM4's and PM6's are totally anemic where bass is concerned, I have tried all the different filters and all I get is less and less bass, I have some foam earbuds for them and they do then bring out the bass a bit more but at a loss of treble, otherwise I cannot get bass out of them at all! And no before you ask, I am not a bass head but all these are just bass light so far. Do they improve with a lot of running in, am I missing something and where did you get the balanced cable from, mine has a lead with a mic on that looks balanced but not a proper balanced cable?

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #11,084 of 12,591
Hi folks, not to sound negative but both my PM4's and PM6's are totally anemic where bass is concerned, I have tried all the different filters and all I get is less and less bass, I have some foam earbuds for them and they do then bring out the bass a bit more but at a loss of treble, otherwise I cannot get bass out of them at all! And no before you ask, I am not a bass head but all these are just bass light so far. Do they improve with a lot of running in, am I missing something and where did you get the balanced cable from, mine has a lead with a mic on that looks balanced but not a proper balanced cable?

BAs don't thump and 7mm dynamics can't truly pound. Cram that many in one shell and you're not doing any favors to the bass potential. That doesn't mean the bass can't sound very good or be generally satisfying, but you'll never get to basshead levels

Oh, also, hi guys. It's been a while.

Yeah, I disappeared. Work, family, money, shedding some of the audio addiction. I'm back and trying to be better about spending too much cash on this hobby.

Settled in nicely with an iFi micro-iCAN SE with the Future Sonics Spectrum G10 at work for quite a long time (and my standard complement of NOS R-2R DAC nonsense).

They do exactly what I want them to in a work environment (pound pretty well, isolate very well, sound quite good, comfortable).

I think I actually have a barely-used iCAN Micro (non-SE) running around here in its box if someone is looking for a deal on a basshead amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back