Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 27, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #10,696 of 12,596
Noble X lots of bass actually more bass than flare, sort of beats pro bass quantity, I'm not sure I got a dodgy one with extra bass unlikely they all the same. Pm4 bass is like xb90ex with bass amp and eq, that's why I didn't notice it being bassy cause rocking stupid bass on pm4
I might put noble x sparkle ba in my pm4 lol, seems second ba is only for bass considering how much bass it has, beautiful sparkle

[video]https://youtu.be/O0W4UxaU2Lg[/video]
[video]https://youtu.be/TiGMV2AvxvY[/video]

a bit more use and comparing to my pm4 with flare, pm4 has better mids and bass, on noble x bass is for quantity it's muffled and mids are muffled where noble is epic is at sparkle it's beautiful, on pm4 sparkle basically is absent because how flare is and I gave away pm4 bas in diy iem thread. :) top end is beaty on noble

Mar 27, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #10,697 of 12,596
Noble X lots of bass actually more bass than flare, sort of beats pro bass quantity, I'm not sure I got a dodgy one with extra bass unlikely they all the same. Pm4 bass is like xb90ex with bass amp and eq, that's why I didn't notice it being bassy cause rocking stupid bass on pm4
I might put noble x sparkle ba in my pm4 lol, seems second ba is only for bass considering how much bass it has, beautiful sparkle

a bit more use and comparing to my pm4 with flare, pm4 has better mids and bass, on noble x bass is for quantity it's muffled and mids are muffled where noble is epic is at sparkle it's beautiful, on pm4 sparkle basically is absent because how flare is and I gave away pm4 bas in diy iem thread.
smily_headphones1.gif
top end is beaty on noble

Love vids where I can see other folks lives
Nice vids man.

Reviews are opinions so adding a personal touch is cool. Good job

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #10,700 of 12,596
Dear bassheads,

Since I am on a limited budget, I was wondering between the Sony xb90ex iem and the JVC SZ1000 cans, which is the better value?

Hawaiibadboy already gave me his take on this, but I like to know what the rest of yall think

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #10,703 of 12,596
are those the Nobles just getting delivered?  I have a pair on the way but its gonna be a while to Oz.....
ye new from massdrop, prepare import tax cash :moneybag: is there import tax in oz?

These are kinda detailed, comparing to my pm4 you feel lack of extension to sparkle. makes it sound limited, even though it's awesome, new benchmark
pm4 has way more subbass, nobles are bassy though not that much subbass. It's evenly made no peaks and wide band and kinda lean in midrange, overall epic, makes you wonder what crap other brands do

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #10,704 of 12,596
Anyone remember the MDR-XB40 ? Those things had the craziest sub-bass extension, and if I remember they used some kind of psycho-acoustic trick to fool your brain it was going crazy low.
Veiled though and sucked out mids.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #10,705 of 12,596
Dear bassheads,

Since I am on a limited budget, I was wondering between the Sony xb90ex iem and the JVC SZ1000 cans, which is the better value?

Hawaiibadboy already gave me his take on this, but I like to know what the rest of yall think

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

if your looking for the best value, then the sz1k is the choice.  You do need to be comfortable using eq to get the best out of them, but they are built like tanks.

the xb90 has the better sound quality out of the box and you can just get an amp with bass boost to get great bass out of them.  Plus its portable.   but you need to be gentle with them, the cables arent the best.

So really depends on what your after and your situation.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #10,706 of 12,596
Anyone remember the MDR-XB40 ? Those things had the craziest sub-bass extension, and if I remember they used some kind of psycho-acoustic trick to fool your brain it was going crazy low.
Veiled though and sucked out mids.

Of course!!! I used them before the xb90ex. Unfortunately they were stolen. Great sub bass !! In fact, the xb90ex were their official update by Sony (driver 13.5mm vs. 16mm)

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #10,707 of 12,596
ye new from massdrop, prepare import tax cash :moneybag: is there import tax in oz?

These are kinda detailed, comparing to my pm4 you feel lack of extension to sparkle. makes it sound limited, even though it's awesome, new benchmark
pm4 has way more subbass, nobles are bassy though not that much subbass. It's evenly made no peaks and wide band and kinda lean in midrange, overall epic, makes you wonder what crap other brands do

thanks bro,  still waiting for them & no import tax as such

Users who are viewing this thread

Back