Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 26, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #10,682 of 12,596

Quote:
   Hawaiibadboy, you are using amp yourself. Could you please tell it's name? I'm interested in buying one myself. Don't know were to start.

PHA-3 on a Samsung Note 4 (above) FiiO X5iii with a FiiO A5 amp (below)

These are my 2 favorite setups.

PHA-3 is not easy to take out unless you got a man bag/big pockets.
X5iii is great for true portable and stacked can power most gear.

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #10,685 of 12,596
I thought you had the iFi iDSD black label.

Dude has a box 
beerchug.gif

Mar 26, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #10,689 of 12,596
  Would you use the X5iii without amp ever if you're at home and don't have a reason to not amp? 

I am 50 / 50 on the fence about getting the X5iii or not...

if iems is what your using then a amp is not needed.  this thing won't drive the sz to basshead levels.  It says it can do 250mw @32 ohms but I doubt this is the case or its peak power.  My ha-2 and e18 kills it and they both have the same amount of power.  Buuuuut, the latter 2 DOES have bass boost.

I plan to stack it with the a5 when I'm driving the sz and call it a day.  I can honestly say its END GAME at this point for me, or until my adhd kicks in again 
wink.gif

The hype surrounding this DAP is strong,  but some of you who knows me know i ain't afraid of criticizing a company or a product in a open forum either but I give credit where credit is due.  Seriously there is really nothing bad to say about this unit and price to performance and features is outstanding in my book.

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #10,690 of 12,596
Ok not selling my pm4 anymore, when will I buy anything that has this much bass and clarity probably never. Will use it for bass

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #10,692 of 12,596
I thought you had the iFi iDSD black label.

I have a unit. Have not put much time into listening yet as I had to wait for a microB to USB A cable which came in last week

Would you use the X5iii without amp ever if you're at home and don't have a reason to not amp? 

I am 50 / 50 on the fence about getting the X5iii or not...

It's a pain to stack and unstack so I eave it stacked. Mostly doesn't need it but power on tap is a warm comfortable feeling :)

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #10,693 of 12,596

got noble iem today, this is end game iem I'm blown away, the bass is enough for bassheads, everything is done well, pm4 bass in comparison is stupid though, noble is much better overall though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back