Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Feb 24, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #10,516 of 12,592
But I dont talk about flat iems.How do you describe basshead iems?

My advise is to watch/read HBB's, Vapman's and Luckbad's reviews. You will get a good idea of how they assess an IEM. I learned a lot from their reviews. Also you could see that some IEMs like Sony EX800ST is turned to fantastic basshead IEM using vent mod, eqing and amping.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #10,517 of 12,592
Thanks for advise but i think this is relative thing.
Some bassheads love subbass,some of them love midbass and bass slam.
So i like subbass that woofer in my ear.
I dont like excessive hard hitting bass.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #10,518 of 12,592
But I dont talk about flat iems.How do you describe basshead iems?

The one that has thumptious bass. This doesn't include quality, I do like quality though. And my custom pm3 could probadly be it. Basshead nirvana finally. It03 seem nice too, for same money I could buy that

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #10,519 of 12,592
elano68 - also suggest you (and others new to this thread looking for the best, etc) check page 1 out for the Top 10 lists from the trusted, resident experts.  You can't go wrong following their recommendations and we are all grateful for their hard work and contributions!

Cheers,
Tim

Feb 24, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #10,520 of 12,592
I've finally designed a custom earbud which can provide IEM levels of bass and can take Turbo Mode levels of amping. Give it the same EQ you give your SZ2000 or Sony 7550's. I'd be happy to send one of them around if any other USA bassheads wanna try it out. Int'l folks could give it a try too, if there are enough I could send one set into europe.

It won't beat anything on the front page lists (except the hell out of that old earbud i gave a shoutout to so long ago) but it comes damn close, and for an earbud, not a sealed off IEM, i am happy with it.

Feb 25, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #10,523 of 12,592

beerchug.gif
Quote:
Yeah braddah, these are still my go to IEM.

Glad you like em!
I hear a ton of gear and that smooth sound and sweet sub bass is just damned good. We don't know how good stuff is till it's gone. So I will grab them again.

And thank you for the T-shirts you sent from Hawaii bruddah!

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #10,526 of 12,592
  If you say that it is your favorite unamped set ever then I should have it) Hawaiibadboy, your favorite unamped set is Rayaudio RA01 or  AD01? Or there is no difference?

These look 100% same and the spec. list matches. It must be an OEM unit that can be branded and sold on.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #10,527 of 12,592
  I've finally designed a custom earbud which can provide IEM levels of bass and can take Turbo Mode levels of amping. Give it the same EQ you give your SZ2000 or Sony 7550's. I'd be happy to send one of them around if any other USA bassheads wanna try it out. Int'l folks could give it a try too, if there are enough I could send one set into europe.

It won't beat anything on the front page lists (except the hell out of that old earbud i gave a shoutout to so long ago) but it comes damn close, and for an earbud, not a sealed off IEM, i am happy with it.

Photos ?
basshead.gif

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #10,528 of 12,592
  If you say that it is your favorite unamped set ever then I should have it) Hawaiibadboy, your favorite unamped set is Rayaudio RA01 or  AD01? Or there is no difference?

​Like Lohb mentioned they are identical in all manner. It is a rebranded set.

the sub bass is just right. Pink Floyd and 2pac and Bob Marley sounded really cherry on them.
Best un amped set I have tried.. The AD02 which was released when the AD01 were discontinued were terrible IMO. My lack of a review of a set of those is part of the reason they don't deal with me anymore. It would just be me bashing the item. What is the point of that?

So anyway yeah....AD01....awesome!

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #10,529 of 12,592
​Like Lohb mentioned they are identical in all manner. It is a rebranded set.

the sub bass is just right. Pink Floyd and 2pac and Bob Marley sounded really cherry on them.
Best un amped set I have tried..

Sounds good, I was able to order the Ray Audio RA01 at the 56 dollar lever after asking for that price ( thanks, @Lohb ).

Will report back when I get them. I love IEM's that do not need the amp and can still pump out the sub bass :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back