Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Aug 30, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #8,926 of 12,591
Yeah!
Same pair I got yesterday. My favorite attribute is that no amp is needed. I think the treble is better than Sony xb90ex.

Has plenty of good solid bass, tighter than the Sony '90ex bass. may not be as much (especially when the Sony is amp'ed) but there is plenty, and I like how it's tight and articulated. I have 20 hours on mine. Unknown usage before me, since mine are slightly used.

Cord is very micro-phonic.

Sony build is better.

The radius are easier to insert and more comfortable to wear. Did not come with a carrying case (at least my used pair didn't).

Happy with the purchase..

Yeah, comfort is one of its best features. You just sort of pop em in and they seal. To me the bass is really deep and impactful. Some earphones have lots of impact but no really deep subass. These have that subass and that impact. You should listen to the soundtrack to interstellar on them. The bass rumble literally is ridiculous how you think and feel a subwoofer, like a 12 inch, it's that low.

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #8,927 of 12,591
Yeah!
Same pair I got yesterday. My favorite attribute is that no amp is needed. I think the treble is better than Sony xb90ex.

Has plenty of good solid bass, tighter than the Sony '90ex bass. may not be as much (especially when the Sony is amp'ed)

and when radius is amped? also do you mean amped or with bass switched on? cause I had a whopping 300 ohm amp and it made no difference to xb90ex bass, it's only with bass on it has bass. unlike many iems and headphones that actually get more bass just from amping no bass boost. I'm not sure if people confuse these things or actually mean what is said. xb90 doesn't have that much bass even with bass boost on its when you bass boost and eq you get massive bass, bass ability as hb calls it so for bass ability I agree

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #8,928 of 12,591
and when radius is amped? also do you mean amped or with bass switched on? cause I had a whopping 300 ohm amp and it made no difference to xb90ex bass, it's only with bass on it has bass. unlike many iems and headphones that actually get more bass just from amping no bass boost. I'm not sure if people confuse these things or actually mean what is said. xb90 doesn't have that much bass even with bass boost on its when you bass boost and eq you get massive bass, bass ability as hb calls it so for bass ability I agree

Neither of my amps have a bass boost switch. The Sony xb90ex EQ'ed and amplified, has enormous bass.

I find the amp is completely un-needed with the Radius. Just using EQ, and I can get the enormous bass. I like not having to carry an amp around.

Aug 30, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #8,929 of 12,591
  was it a audible "pop" or was it an electrical shock? I swear I have read about Woodoos shocking people but I don't have anything to back this up and don't have the slightest idea where I might have read this if it is true.

It didn't feel like a shock as much as a burst of air pressure popping, it made a pop too, like a 'flick the cone of speaker' type pop. It doesn't hurt any longer, but was definitely alarming when it occurred. I don't know if it was something because of my cheap amp I keep at work, or the earphones themselves.

I think the speaker was just taking in so much power, it was mid-bass slam, that it just did something funky when I immediately dropped the provided power from it by 70%

Aug 30, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #8,930 of 12,591
Neither of my amps have a bass boost switch. The Sony xb90ex EQ'ed and amplified, has enormous bass.

I find the amp is completely un-needed with the Radius. Just using EQ, and I can get the enormous bass. I like not having to carry an amp around.

how is subbass on radius? can you describe bass and overall sound?

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #8,932 of 12,591
going back and forth between the 7550 and radius, the radius have noticeably more treble, mids are more lush and open, maybe because of treble. Taped 7550 bass hits harder, radius goes much deeper. I like bass much more on radius. 7550 would most like accept much more power. I'm feeding straight out of my new zx2. It has the best bass of all my players.

Aug 30, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #8,933 of 12,591
Hey quick question guys. I'm looking for an upgrade on the AT-CKS77 pair that I have. I'm fairly happy with the bass, but are there any IEMs with superior bass for under 150? I primarily use them at the gym so I'm not looking for something that high end. 

On an unrelated note, is the C5 everyone's best amp recommendation? I've been looking at the e12 and I saw someone say that the C5 is better if you don't EQ (I never have). I want something portable as well. I also own a pair of Pro 900s, so I would like the amp to work well with them if possible. 

Aug 30, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #8,934 of 12,591
Hello,

I bought my first pair of so called hi-fi IEMs "Future sonic m5" from reviews based on here. which started this whole thing for me. I later on bought Beyers dt770 and superlux 668b as well.

I am about to purchase an other suitable IEM for my needs because i find the treble on the M5's to be a tad sharp and a bit fatiguing for me, But i do love the bass on those though.

What will you recommend for a good pair of IEMs preferably under 100$, budget can be stretched to 150$ if sound wise it is considerably better.

I like smooth or non fatiguing highs, a bit bassy sound signature with tight deep punchy bass but not too much to ruin the sound and with good mid bass as well. I listen to almost any music but mostly Rap, Hip-Hop, Electro, Trance, and some pop.   

A sturdy build quality and an inline mic or remote would be a plus point. Not a necessity though.

P.S: Considering i am from a third world country, I can not demo any IEMs in my country, Once i get the approval from your experience on which IEM to buy, only then will i be able to pull a trigger on it with my eyes closed. 

Regards,
Shab

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #8,935 of 12,591

Comparing the radius with sony 7550s amped, the sony's take a lot more power. I am using my lg v10 into my xduoo xd-05 dac/amp. The bass boost on this thing is incredible. They both take it. The sony's hit harder, the radius, lower, but can't take as much power. I'm streaming tidal hifi, so no eq. Straight out of the zx2, the radius are sublime, deepest bass I've heard. ZZX2 has more deep bass than lgv10/xduoo amp together.

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #8,939 of 12,591
alright, car subwoofer is very deep for bass I haven't really had iem that has same bass as car subwoofer, even stereo with subwoofer doesn't go as subwoofy,

it's probably to do with car acoustics and that you actually get more bass if you are away from subwoofer. but ye some subwoofers are really nice, for iem it only been bass for sake of quantity

vapman? update on radius?

Aug 31, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #8,940 of 12,591
Hi guys with regards to basshead amps how does the Cayin C5 compare to the jds clabs c5 or the newer cayin c6 ? I think bass boost on the jds C5 that i have is pretty impressive i think its 5db not sure. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back