Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Aug 29, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #8,912 of 12,596
Got my "new but opened box" set today. Think they sound very nice and agree that the comfort is outstanding.

Site above indicates the nozzle is adjustable, but the manual does not show a photos of how to make this adjustment and is in Japanese, so can't read it.

Do you just pull the nozzle out? I gently pulled, they didn't budge...

From the radius website:

The mounting position of the earpiece can be adjusted in two stages, to achieve a more accurate music reproduction without missing a low range by attaching to my best position. In addition, while increasing the sound insulation by to fit securely in your ear, in order to reduce the stress on the ear, it is ideal for commuting and attending school.

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #8,913 of 12,596
Right now I'm giving the 7550s another chance. I put them on burn Sunday morning and let them go until this morning. I have the vents taped and think they are too bassy this way, but kinda in a good way. Treble is rolled off maybe a little too much for me. I want to live with them for a week or two and see. No matter what I listen to, I keep going back to my radius.

Aug 30, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #8,914 of 12,596
You don't own it yet bro? What you waiting no for???
That's a great point to be at. I'm basically in same boat, except I still want more!! I haven't found anything that is much better than the Sonys and once you include money, there is nothing worth getting that is better. I'll have my new cables for them next week. Did you get the adapter from @PETEREK Chris? Or are you buying both se and balanced cables?

I purchased just balanced cables along with the adapter. I hate changing cables on IEMS otherwise I'd get their own individual cables.

Yes PETEREK.
No idea in what manner I just said I have a PHA-3 and wanna go balanced with my 800/1000.
I assume it is two trs terminations since the pha 3 needs that for balanced

Aug 30, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #8,915 of 12,596
i have seen people here link used ex1000 for 400$.

i have found deal for used ex1000 for 250$. is there a nice and soft (as an example - fiio ex1) 4pin balanced (AK/Onkyo) cable for them available that won't cost like headphones themself?

Aug 30, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #8,916 of 12,596
  i have seen people here link used ex1000 for 400$.

i have found deal for used ex1000 for 250$. is there a nice and soft (as an example - fiio ex1) 4pin balanced (AK/Onkyo) cable for them available that won't cost like headphones themself?

Contact @PETEREK .  He can make them for you at a good price.

All custom sony cables have to be made to order.  

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #8,921 of 12,596
lol takes a night to figure if bass is nice anyway may be should share our bass things more often. anyone wants fiio a1 for a ride? hihi you pay for postage

no point posting qkz x6 sb it's cheap anyway, they sell x7 super bass too lol may be worth the bass?

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #8,922 of 12,596
So I was listening at an alarmingly loud volume (hellz yeah  haha) and I hit the lower volume button and a weird pressure wave burst from my iem (Wooduo 2) in to my ear.. it caused quite a bit of pain. Anyone ever experience this?!

I don't feel like I busted the eardrum, as that is near impossible with just vibration to do.. But it was like I got a pin stuck in my toe feeling, in my earhole (left ear) when it popped.  Like the speaker just backfired at the sudden drop in volume.

Is this something normal or anything anyone has previous experienced? I usually don't crank my volume down real fast like that, so this is the first time this happened.

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #8,923 of 12,596
was it a audible "pop" or was it an electrical shock? I swear I have read about Woodoos shocking people but I don't have anything to back this up and don't have the slightest idea where I might have read this if it is true.

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #8,924 of 12,596
duno I often got loud volume from headphones when I resume playing and forget it was on loud, now I after having amps I always lower volume before playing and never had loud volume, something Apple should give enable in settings, and add a bass amp to it while they are at it
and a better dac amp

Aug 30, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #8,925 of 12,596
Many many thanks to talan7!!!
The radius loaner has just touched down and will be put through the paces, see you guys tonight or tomorrow with thoughts!

Yeah!
Same pair I got yesterday. My favorite attribute is that no amp is needed. I think the treble is better than Sony xb90ex.

Has plenty of good solid bass, tighter than the Sony '90ex bass. may not be as much (especially when the Sony is amp'ed) but there is plenty, and I like how it's tight and articulated. I have 20 hours on mine. Unknown usage before me, since mine are slightly used.

Cord is very micro-phonic.

Sony build is better.

The radius are easier to insert and more comfortable to wear. Did not come with a carrying case (at least my used pair didn't).

Happy with the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back