Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Aug 29, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #8,899 of 12,596
for those that are torn between the c5 and e12, i'll put it this way.

if your gonna eq or learn how and not use the bass boost, the e12 is a good choice.

if you gonna use the bass boost, then spend the cash and get the c5.  its boost is among one of the best in any price range.

I don't use bass boost anymore because i'm about using eq to tailor the bass to my taste.

Aug 29, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #8,900 of 12,596

cayin c5 is the most bang for buck amp imo. tons of power with a tonal warmth that is second to none!

You would think you had one engaged in one of those 6 rigs in your signature
blink.gif

Aug 29, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #8,901 of 12,596
You would think you had one engaged in one of those 6 rigs in your signature:blink:
i will be getting the c5 soon and pair with my qp1r. Reason for me not having it now is I got plenty of iems recently :frowning2:

Aug 29, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #8,902 of 12,596
c5 has always been on my wantlist tho but couldnt justify myself getting it as i have many daps.
matter of time b4 i get it
i have tried many amps already.

You don't own it yet bro? What you waiting no for???

I'm at the check out odd and ends stuff ....stage (Balanced) as I am simply not finding new gear that is notably better than what I got (drivers). Sold the Mojo for the 2nd time for a $10 loss so that was painless.
Trying out the PHA 3 which was stupid cheap and thus gonna go balanced with the EX 1000/800.

Spending more on cables than anything else....and happy to do so:D

That's a great point to be at. I'm basically in same boat, except I still want more!! I haven't found anything that is much better than the Sonys and once you include money, there is nothing worth getting that is better. I'll have my new cables for them next week. Did you get the adapter from PETEREK Chris? Or are you buying both se and balanced cables?

I purchased just balanced cables along with the adapter. I hate changing cables on IEMS otherwise I'd get their own individual cables.

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #8,904 of 12,596
other audio gears prove to be more tempting to get so have to postpone my c5 buy :joy:

I think a lot of Head-Fier's suffer this as well, you ever get a chance to set those rigs all up together please post that pic in the lab. We all like seeing pictures of multiple rigs in lab shots
biggrin.gif

I got to make an updated Rig-A-Thon photo myself
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #8,906 of 12,596
I think a lot of Head-Fier's suffer this as well, you ever get a chance to set those rigs all up together please post that pic in the lab. We all like seeing pictures of multiple rigs in lab shots:D

I got to make an updated Rig-A-Thon photo myself:wink_face:

:beerchug:
thats a nice photo mate :p confused to used what!

Aug 29, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #8,907 of 12,596

The good old Altoid Tin ! Wonder if BioScience Guy still makes them. They are bang-for-buck.
Loved that first little amp, and I wonder if the new generation discrete/opamp hybrid Burson V5i or Sparkos amp chips would fit under the lid of those things.
It'd be an interesting and cheap discrete/opamp hybrid portable amp. I think the discontinued iBasso PB2 just built on the concept of Altoid, but ramped all internals up.

Low-end is better on Sparkos amp chips vs Burson V5i for those that can roll in amp chips - deep/tight/natural BTW.

Aug 29, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #8,908 of 12,596
I don't like the way the 7550's fit. To me they aren't comfortable. The bass sounds pretty good with the vents covered, but still not as good as the radius hp-nhr21. The radius has the best bass I've ever heard. Why these aren't more popular is ridiculous. I bought mine from amazon japan for under $125. Is anyone else familiar with the radius hp-nhr21?

http://www.radius.co.jp/en_product/hp-nhr21/

Got my "new but opened box" set today. Think they sound very nice and agree that the comfort is outstanding.

Site above indicates the nozzle is adjustable, but the manual does not show a photos of how to make this adjustment and is in Japanese, so can't read it.

Do you just pull the nozzle out? I gently pulled, they didn't budge...

Aug 29, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #8,909 of 12,596
Got my "new but opened box" set today. Think they sound very nice and agree that the comfort is outstanding.

Site above indicates the nozzle is adjustable, but the manual does not show a photos of how to make this adjustment and is in Japanese, so can't read it.

Do you just pull the nozzle out? I gently pulled, they didn't budge...

From the looks of the photo it's not the nozzle that's adjustable it's the tips.  Looks like you can install them in two separate postions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back