Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Aug 27, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #8,868 of 12,597
Heard the lcd 4 today, impressive headphones, very impressive. Wasn't mine so I didn't push the bass, but from what I could tell, it hit fairly hard. Was hooked up to a Burson amp, but I feel it needed a bit more juice.

Damn idiot, wrong thread. Sorry peeps.

Aug 28, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #8,873 of 12,597

Got another @PETEREK cable

Now I need a balanced version so will have that in a couple weeks. 

Life....

You need a good Lawyer a good Doctor a Cop that will give you 1 hr notice and a good cable maker.
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #8,874 of 12,597
wow nice thanks dude!

Forget about the Amazon thing . Buy local , cash on delivery best

not me but I enquired before and there is no response.

Now you might want to 're enquiry and forward another msg . the seller has responded to my msg not long ago , you can sent him 1 . You might even get a nice discounts .

Aug 28, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #8,875 of 12,597
Really grateful for the existence of this thread. I find the C5 to be a gem. Not only it pushes my EX800ST, XB90Ex and ASG2.5 to their extremes, it also makes my Hifi-ish phones like the SE846, JH Audio Layla and even the K10 (which I thought was quite weak in bass) much more enjoyable. Never could I imagine the K10 could actually thump with the bass tracks - but they do now - albeit not as crazy as the bass IEMs mentioned above, they do a much better job in the bass department now, thanks to the bass boost of the C5.

My current favourite non-bass setup is iPhone - Mojo - C5 - K10. The best in resolution and good, balanced bass that reflects the bass tracks well when needed. When I feel like I need a bit more for bass tracks I always go back to the three kings above, but I don't think anything on this market can beat the above mentioned setup - not even with my AK380Cu. Perhaps the only thing that can best this is replacing the iPhone with the AK380Cu as transport. Sublime. Simply sublime. Thanks Hawaii Dude.

Aug 28, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #8,876 of 12,597
I also agree about a bass amp a must for a bass head, most headphones have better bass with an amp without even switching on bass. the problem is most cheap bass amps sound kinda veiled, fiio a1 is also kinda veiled but it's better than other amps, cayin c5 probably doesn't have that being this expensive. but even without bass fiio a1 bass is like dynamic bassy bass, for good bass you need power, I don't use bass eqs with fiio a1 too veiled

Aug 28, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #8,877 of 12,597

Got another @PETEREK cable

Life....

You need a good Lawyer a good Doctor a Cop that will give you 1 hr notice and a good cable maker.
biggrin.gif

Hmmmmm.  you got something up your sleeve? 
wink.gif
    I'll be waiting for the review.

Aug 28, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #8,878 of 12,597
I also agree about a bass amp a must for a bass head, most headphones have better bass with an amp without even switching on bass. the problem is most cheap bass amps sound kinda veiled, fiio a1 is also kinda veiled but it's better than other amps, cayin c5 probably doesn't have that being this expensive. but even without bass fiio a1 bass is like dynamic bassy bass, for good bass you need power, I don't use bass eqs with fiio a1 too veiled

The xduoo xd-05 has great bass even before switching on the bass boost. It's very deep, too much bass with bass boost for most earphones though.

Aug 28, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #8,879 of 12,597
[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/Jfq49DMfw0I[/VIDEO]
https://youtu.be/Jfq49DMfw0I

dunu trident are 20 euro and clean and have lots of bass but subbass is still not as low as xb90ex so but overall ok for mediocre bassheads

Aug 28, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #8,880 of 12,597

Got another @PETEREK
cable

Life....

You need a good Lawyer a good Doctor a Cop that will give you 1 hr notice and a good cable maker.:D

Funny you should mention that, I just ordered a balanced cable from him as well, although for the Z5. I should consider it for the ex800 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back