Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Aug 25, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #8,838 of 12,597
  I don't like the way the 7550's fit. To me they aren't comfortable. The bass sounds pretty good with the vents covered, but still not as good as the radius hp-nhr21. The radius has the best bass I've ever heard. Why these aren't more popular is ridiculous. I bought mine from amazon japan for under $125. Is anyone else familiar with the radius hp-nhr21?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/RADIUS-HP-NHR21R-Radius%E3%80%80ハイレゾ対応インナーイヤーヘッドフォン%E3%80%8How about mids0HP-NHR21R(赤)/dp/B00Y2GDT24/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472154690&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=radius+hp-nhr11

http://www.radius.co.jp/en_product/hp-nhr21/

How about mids/treble/resolution though on these ?

Finally tried out Sony MDR-XP50s to get a sample of the line before buying higher. The drivers flex terribly on insertion with a click/clack sound, bass bloominess and the lack of mid and upper resolution I knew they would have vs hybrids. Looking forward to trying out a 90 which can only be better  !!

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #8,839 of 12,597
Mids are lush and warm on the radius, treble is bright but smooth, they don't sound rolled off. They are there, to me the treble and mids are just right. If I can compare I would say the treble through mid bass sound like a very good pair of monitors, the added is the bass, it's like a subwoofer was added to the monitors. It's the whole presentation that's really good. You can pick other earphones that do treble or mids better but aren't as pleasing as a whole. I have SE846 (which I love), FLC8S, which are also very good but I keep coming back to the radius.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #8,840 of 12,597
Mids are lush and warm on the radius, treble is bright but smooth, they don't sound rolled off. They are there, to me the treble and mids are just right. If I can compare I would say the treble through mid bass sound like a very good pair of monitors, the added is the bass, it's like a subwoofer was added to the monitors. It's the whole presentation that's really good. You can pick other earphones that do treble or mids better but aren't as pleasing as a whole. I have SE846 (which I love), FLC8S, which are also very good but I keep coming back to the radius.

Sounds good! Can't wait to get mine and see what I think.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #8,841 of 12,597
talan7 How do they compare bass wise with the se846?

I'm hosting an audio meet this Saturday at my office, South Florida. Pompano Beach, if anyone here is interested in going hit me up. We have 10-15 peeps coming. I think I'm the only basshead unfortunately.

Aug 26, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #8,846 of 12,597
I am more and more excited to get the loaner set. Cant thank good dudes like  talan7 for sharing the trust to be able to do things like this. Everybody wins and everybody spends less money. I still am in the market for a EX1000

Aug 26, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #8,847 of 12,597
@talan7 How do they compare bass wise with the se846?

I'm hosting an audio meet this Saturday at my office, South Florida. Pompano Beach, if anyone here is interested in going hit me up. We have 10-15 peeps coming. I think I'm the only basshead unfortunately.

the bass from the 846 is divine!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back