Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 3, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #1,726 of 12,591
Here are my top ten on the hi end low boys in no particular order that I have heard, aurisonics asg 2.5,  sony z5, aurisonics asg 2, jh audio roxannes, sony xba a3, shure se846 sennheiser ie800s, jvc fx 1100s, and 850s, and the earsonic velvet. Also my honorable mention would be the rha 10i (not a really high price tag, maybe it can be in the no eq section ).

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #1,728 of 12,591
Besides the JVC, what are the best options that include a mic for phone use?

there is a mic on cx8, the cord is a big heavy might need to use a clip though to avoid microphonics use on the go, so its up to you where you are ok to compromise. i dont know any other bass iems that have a mic, except if you get a detachiable vsd3s version and buy a cable with mic for it for 20 euro on ebay.

beauty photo

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #1,729 of 12,591
  Checked Aliexpress, they don't have it.  Had a member contact me, and I could get it for a couple hundred cheaper, but being on disability sucks.  My money is so tight right now, that even that's too much.  I'm just worried that FiiO having now discontinued the original X3, have abandoned it completely, and we won't see new firmware, or anything for it.  I might just buy a battery for it, if I still can, and treat it with kid gloves, so that I can keep it going as long as I can.  I tried the X3ii and Cayin C5 amp, and didn't like the stack.  Hated it, as a matter of fact.  I love that I can slip the X3 in my pocket, and get the bass performance that I crave out of my 2.5's.  The size of the Aegis is something that I feel I could get past, in a stacking idea, but at even $300, it's just too much for me right now.  I can't risk that kind of cash on something I don't know will even perform as I want.  I would use it with my S5, and have an all-in-one type DAP, but I'm so strapped, it's hard to justify that kind of money.  Especially when my X3 is still going strong.

If what you got is enough then just wait. It's not like this stuff is gonna sell out. Companies always gonna have a new one or somebody will have the old one somewhere.
 Enjoy your enjoyment
biggrin.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #1,730 of 12,591
got TH-EB800 for 5-6 euro, its ok.
i feel its gonna be a tough battle between cx8 and xb90 needs more listening time. after listening to th-eb800 i started to love xb90 lol funny how that works.

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #1,732 of 12,591
I'm searching for some iem with excellent bass extension (as close as possible to that "feel" rather than punch, but need punch as well), from doing come research I narrowed to these: 

-Earsonics Velvet 
-Phonak Audeo PFE232
-Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB (XB should be for extra bass, but how much extra...)
-Aurisonics ASG-2.5
-InEar Stagediver 3

Anyone had experience with 2 or more of these and could compare them briefly? Which one has the deepest bass? Also about mid bass, which has least mid bass "veil"? I have tried opening thread about this in help & recommendations but didn't get any response so worth a try in this thread since it's.. well bass iem thread :) Thanks!

Sep 5, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #1,736 of 12,591
I would also vote for UE 5 EB(Unobtainable section). I bought a used M-Audio IE20 XB (UE 5 EB twin) and like it so much. Recently got another used UE 5 EB off for a good bargain. Love them ... 

Sep 5, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #1,737 of 12,591
cx8 has a bit more resolution than xb90 but xb90 has more bass with a bass amp. with cx8 when i switch amp with bass it shakes too much and tickles my ears. :smile:

Sep 5, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #1,739 of 12,591
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/2t94cKokEE0[/VIDEO]
xb90 with bass amp has way more bass than cx8. and xb90 bass is really a low bass not mid bass or anything and reminds me of a cinema bass that you hear when you watch movies in cinema. xb90 is less fatiguing than cx8, and cx8 has less bass but is a fun earphone that has fun sound and is a bit more detailed than xb90 how much about 20-30 percent more detailed than xb90, but its not a contest to amperiors, a73 or sony xba a2, those are more detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back