Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Sep 2, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #1,711 of 12,596

Oh buddy..

Full touch screen sexiness and HQ sound...

Git sum!!!

Well, just got an email from Cozoy.  They're working on a Canadian distributor, so they won't ship one to me direct.  But I can't afford one right now anyways.  If the quote I got off the Cozoy site is right, it would cost me $494CAN to try one out.  And I'm not even sure I'd get the bass performance of my X3 out of my phone and Aegis.  I'd love to try one, but I don't know if I'm willing to go to that extreme to test it out.  I tried the Astrapi that they put out, and was less than impressed with the bass performance, so I don't know if the Aegis is a different animal completely, or if it's more of the same.  I'd love to test it out, but not for $500.

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #1,712 of 12,596
so ye that denon headphone sounds much more refined than cx8 and also more refined than fidue a73 but i dont know how headphone works but he said he didnt have them charged and only used them from regular 3.5 jack, i dont know if it has extra bass or something, if it does its pretty cool you get quality sound and bass when you want, but i dont know if it does that, and i dont like headphones anymore. but they have bass iem i wonder how that sounds but that denon headphone what audio refinement, and has certain flaivour. might look out at that denon bass iem if i see somewhere on cheap might buy it, just for better audio and good bass in one iem. cx8 doesnt sound that good as that denon headphone but it does bass.
and sounds better and more detailed than xb90 about by 30 percent more detail than xb90 and its a good improvement, more detail and is a bass earphone, if you are deciding between the two for bass then only cx8!! skip xb90 you will get tired trying to get bass out of it, although i do like my bass amp, works with cx8
he said he bought them from tkmax for 130 euro, i didnt know tkmax sells quality sound headphones, might look out for that in tkmax then if they happen to have one. but will know then that tkmax can sell good quality sound headphones

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #1,713 of 12,596
I picked up a set of Rock Luxury Zircon IEMs that were touted in the Chinese thread.

They hit harder than any set of IEMs I've ever tried.

Sep 2, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #1,716 of 12,596
im a basshead, im looking for the most bass heavy iems without mudding out the highs and mids. i dont want a iem that has bass but sharp hissing highs and mids to where i have to equalize it to save my ears from bleeding. I have had the jvc hafx1x and 2 pairs of the jvc ha fx201, the fx1x's highs hit way to ******* hard for the amount of bass they provide without an eq im my opinion. I have done tons of research and have a list of iems i need to choose from. i really cant go over 35$ and am open to reccomend dations. I was going to get the xeport 5010s but amazon dont have them anymore.

Im trying to choose between
Sony MDRXB50AP

XB50s are decent for the price, but they tap out early. Lots of distortion at high volumes or if you eq in more bass. Straight out of a phone they're fine.

Check out the JVC FR202. JVC did a really good job of smoothing out the treble. Much cleaner and more relaxed than the older XX earphones. Gobs of bass as expected. Better than the XB50 imo.

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #1,719 of 12,596
i had fx3x what a crap it was, for bass, highs are ridiculous, for that money i can only reccomend vsonic vsd3s bass edition, 35 usd they are. and does actually bass without an amp, and with bass amp ofcourse you get more bass. can pick many colours, they have many colours.
skip to 12m 48s for bass preview. keep in mind its at volume 4 from 16 on iphone, the louder you switch the more is bass. has more bass than beats solo 2 at same volume and sounds almost as good, same detail as beats solo 2 but i think solo 2 has better overall sound. but not by much. but has bass. cheers
at 12.48
[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/kE9pjzIVl7k[/VIDEO]

Sep 2, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #1,720 of 12,596
  Well, just got an email from Cozoy.  They're working on a Canadian distributor, so they won't ship one to me direct.  But I can't afford one right now anyways.  If the quote I got off the Cozoy site is right, it would cost me $494CAN to try one out.  And I'm not even sure I'd get the bass performance of my X3 out of my phone and Aegis.  I'd love to try one, but I don't know if I'm willing to go to that extreme to test it out.  I tried the Astrapi that they put out, and was less than impressed with the bass performance, so I don't know if the Aegis is a different animal completely, or if it's more of the same.  I'd love to test it out, but not for $500.

No argument here..

Did you try Aliexpress? Sometimes they got stuff early and cheap.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #1,723 of 12,596
 ​

THE BEST IEM FOR BASS ARE..​

.​
 ​
 ​
 ​

The 10 Best....(impact)

1. Sony XB90EX

2. Aurisonics 2.5

3. Sony MDR 7550

4. Yamaha EPH-M200

5. JVC - FX102

6. Pioneer SE-CX9

7. Audio Technica ATHCKS1000

8. SHURE SE-846

9. Velodyne vPulse

10. Sony A/H3

​

.​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

list will be expanded and broken into 3 categories.

1 Max impact
    (see above)

Max refined (Hi-Fi low end boys)

1. Aurisonics 2.5
2. 1964 Ears V8
3. Earsonics  Velvet
4. Sony XBA Z5
5. Jerry Harvey (Layla/Roxxane)
6. Shure SE-846
7. Unique Melody Mentor

No EQ or AMP needed

1. Alpha & Delta  AD01
2. Sennheiser IE80
3. Yamaha EPH M100
4. HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2
5. JVC FX850
6. JVC FX1100
7. RHA T10i

Some IEM may exist in more than 1 category as the 2.5 will probably be in the first 2 like the TH900 appear in 2 categories in over ears.
You may submit your own Top 10 list for consideration you may not include any item you have not heard and you should if asked provide exact hardware and settings.

**Weekly re-post**

Still looking for input

Sep 3, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #1,725 of 12,596
   No argument here..

Did you try Aliexpress? Sometimes they got stuff early and cheap.

Checked Aliexpress, they don't have it.  Had a member contact me, and I could get it for a couple hundred cheaper, but being on disability sucks.  My money is so tight right now, that even that's too much.  I'm just worried that FiiO having now discontinued the original X3, have abandoned it completely, and we won't see new firmware, or anything for it.  I might just buy a battery for it, if I still can, and treat it with kid gloves, so that I can keep it going as long as I can.  I tried the X3ii and Cayin C5 amp, and didn't like the stack.  Hated it, as a matter of fact.  I love that I can slip the X3 in my pocket, and get the bass performance that I crave out of my 2.5's.  The size of the Aegis is something that I feel I could get past, in a stacking idea, but at even $300, it's just too much for me right now.  I can't risk that kind of cash on something I don't know will even perform as I want.  I would use it with my S5, and have an all-in-one type DAP, but I'm so strapped, it's hard to justify that kind of money.  Especially when my X3 is still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back