Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 20, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #8,521 of 12,592

Not all beats are bad. Overpriced - yep. But the new Solo2 sound decent (surprisingly) and are ok priced at the moment - the in ears are not as bad as they used to be either. But I agree beats were horrendously bad in the beginning. They started getting better even before Apple bought them.

re: bluetooth things - you mean these:

They look horrible indeed.

But I was talking about these:

and the BT cable thingies from Westone and Lear:

They don't look too bad...

Cheers

Can't they just make two separate bluetooth pieces like the ones we use when we are driving, but we use two pieces of those on both ears? I am sure there are some decent sounding ones like that out there. Any cable during gym time is unacceptable, we need to lie flat for bench press and sit ups for example and having something behind the neck is not something safe. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #8,522 of 12,592

Can't they just make two separate bluetooth pieces like the ones we use when we are driving, but we use two pieces of those on both ears? I am sure there are some decent sounding ones like that out there. Any cable during gym time is unacceptable, we need to lie flat for bench press and sit ups for example and having something behind the neck is not something safe. 

Samsung Icon http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/gear-iconx/
Bragi - The Dash http://www.bragi.com

To be honest - sound quality is so far so so  and battery life is measly 3 hours.

I am sure they will get there eventually though. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #8,523 of 12,592

Bragi Dash seems to be the preferred one, but even that has very mixed reviews & issues from what I have read. Belive Onkyo and Sony have upcoming models as well... such new tech probably a good idea to give it a few years to mature fully.

Personally, I don't find wires & a shirt clip so annoying I'd want to have to charge my headphones once or twice a day... I do wish the average IEM cable were about a foot longer though.

Jul 20, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #8,526 of 12,592

Bragi Dash seems to be the preferred one, but even that has very mixed reviews & issues from what I have read. Belive Onkyo and Sony have upcoming models as well... such new tech probably a good idea to give it a few years to mature fully.

Personally, I don't find wires & a shirt clip so annoying I'd want to have to charge my headphones once or twice a day... I do wish the average IEM cable were about a foot longer though.

Yep, think so too.

What I like to use in the gym though is mostly the Soundblaster E3, small bluetooth enabled DAC/amp. Amazingly versatile - good sounding, has a good microphone build in, so you can make any IEM a headset and long battery life.

You also get a desktop dac/amp (just connect via usb), dual outputs (nice for headphone compares), etc.

Cheers.

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #8,528 of 12,592
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a91-sirius/reviews/16468

Before I go on, I want to take the time to give out a hearty thanks to Fidue and their Michael for this opportunity and for sending me a sample of the SIRIUS free of charge for the purpose of an honest, unbiased evaluation and review.

Folks....
It may come to pass...that someday disclosures will have to be in a way...this way or that...who know? Maybe not. If so it's nice to highlight the folks who take the buyer into consideration completely and actually disclose.

Give the review a look if you have time.

The freq chart looks like it could be a beast with amp? looks like a ex800...little bit (20Hz-2khz)

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #8,529 of 12,592
Hifichris posts in the Extreme Headphones thread from time to time if i'm not mistaken, maybe he'd be able to push the bass somethin hardcore for us and see how it stacks up :)

Jul 21, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #8,531 of 12,592
.... How 'bout the Campfire Audio Jupiter? Can these be Basshead IEMs?

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #8,534 of 12,592
Hello all, But I've been searching for an iem that I could be satisfied with for a while (well, try to).

I've recently bought the RHA MA750 as a replacement for my dying Macaw GTS100 after reading reviews claiming it had pretty good bass and a wide soundstage, two things I'm mainly looking for.

While they are good and don't do anything wrong, the bass isn't as hard hitting as the Macaw and the soundstage isn't as wide or airy as I was hoping.

I'm hoping to get and iem that can last me years, which no iem I've had thus far has been able to do so a replaceable cable, which seems to be how all my items die, is what I'm looking for in terms of build quality requirements

Short notes:

The widest stage I've ever heard came from my first iem, the Soundmagic Pl30

Best bass: Came from an Over ear in the M100 and I have a cipher cable Sine coming in.

Detachable cable preferred or a spectacular warranty/customer service at least

Price: Please be as much under $200 as possible, if possible at all

Amp/EQ: Since this would be a portable I would prefer to keep it at just my IPod touch and the iem.

Thanks for reading!!

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #8,535 of 12,592
Hello all, But I've been searching for an iem that I could be satisfied with for a while (well, try to).

I've recently bought the RHA MA750 as a replacement for my dying Macaw GTS100 after reading reviews claiming it had pretty good bass and a wide soundstage, two things I'm mainly looking for.

While they are good and don't do anything wrong, the bass isn't as hard hitting as the Macaw and the soundstage isn't as wide or airy as I was hoping.

I'm hoping to get and iem that can last me years, which no iem I've had thus far has been able to do so a replaceable cable, which seems to be how all my items die, is what I'm looking for in terms of build quality requirements

Short notes:

The widest stage I've ever heard came from my first iem, the Soundmagic Pl30

Best bass: Came from an Over ear in the M100 and I have a cipher cable Sine coming in.

Detachable cable preferred or a spectacular warranty/customer service at least

Price: Please be as much under $200 as possible, if possible at all

Amp/EQ: Since this would be a portable I would prefer to keep it at just my IPod touch and the iem.

Thanks for reading!!

My default suggestions would be Future Sonics G10 or xb90ex, but they don't tick all your boxes.
If you don't need isolation a secondhand JVC fx850 would give you less impact but the soundstage "air" and cable. A secondhand IE80 might also do the trick if you like a lot of midbass.

But it looks like you'd prefer to save some $$$ as well. Unfortunately xb90ex don't have removable cable.
I haven't heard any of these -but here are some on the first page lists that all have removable cable and <$100: KZ-ATE, AD01, Onkyo IE HF300 (which actually been on sale on amazon recently iirc).

Though, for $200 you can buy like four pairs of Macaw, which you already know you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back