Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 23, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #5,266 of 12,592
I have some new toys coming!!! Ordered Fiio X7, which I'm rooting and using V4A as soon as I get it. About to purchase the Mojo as well... It's in the shopping cart, just waiting to hit buy now. X7 be here tomorrow, mojo, probably Friday, ref 1 too next week, God willing. Going to be a great week for me!!

What's Ref 1? what brand is it?

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #5,267 of 12,592
All I see is the LEAR - LHF-AE1d at the Top 3 in the Max Refined List, and the ASG 2.5 is at the bottom? So it has to be better than the ASG 2.5 and for only $250.  If it's really true, I would put down $250 right now and buy it

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #5,268 of 12,592
if you want happy a medium, go with the lears.  You want more impact than refinement, go with 2.5.  I have the 2.5 and love them.  Will get the lears when I replenish my funds after making some recent purchases.

the 2.5 are no slouch on refinement.  Every bass hit is loud and clear when the bass dial isn't turned to the extreme

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #5,270 of 12,592
  if you want happy a medium, go with the lears.  You want more impact than refinement, go with 2.5.  I have the 2.5 and love them.  Will get the lears when I replenish my funds after making some recent purchases.

the 2.5 are no slouch on refinement.  Every bass hit is loud and clear when the bass dial isn't turned to the extreme

Yea I want a happy medium.  But im just surprised that the LEAR - LHF-AE1d is at the Top 3 of Both List, like on the Max Refined List, it's better than JH Audio Roxxane?

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #5,271 of 12,592
  Yea I want a happy medium.  But im just surprised that the LEAR - LHF-AE1d is at the Top 3 of Both List, like on the Max Refined List, it's better than JH Audio Roxxane?

you got to understand that this list isn't like the over-ear list.  The over-ers has a visual to each unit doing its thang.  As with the list on iems.  No visuals can be produce of how hard the bass hits.  It is more of a collection of data between respected members that have ea item.  

The best thing would be if HBB could get his hands on everything on the list to review.  That way the list would be as accurate as possible.

Who wants to start sending their iems to HBB? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #5,273 of 12,592
What a week. Just ordered Mojo...be here on Friday, my girl is out of town. Be a nice peaceful weekend, maybe a couple of glasses of scotch, mojo, X7, and lots of bass!!

man u gotta make a life session

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #5,275 of 12,592
  All I see is the LEAR - LHF-AE1d at the Top 3 in the Max Refined List, and the ASG 2.5 is at the bottom? So it has to be better than the ASG 2.5 and for only $250.  If it's really true, I would put down $250 right now and buy it

The list besides the top 3 impact (which is very subjective)....the rest is totally subjective. 2.5 is at the bottom just because of when it was added and it is on top of another list already.

EDIT:

I will do a post I usually do in the club in this thread about quality and costs and returns. I am still of the opinion that my Mojo and ex800st are the finest combo I own and that is combined $800.

Mar 24, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #5,277 of 12,592
@Hawaiibadboy What is the eq app you use on your note? Or music player? The graphics are beautiful bro.

That is Neutron. Spent a couple hours changing all the colors to match an old FiiO X5 theme I did with goldish burnt rust like colors.
I love the thing. If you EQ it is the app to get

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #5,280 of 12,592

Users who are viewing this thread

Back