Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Feb 26, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #4,636 of 12,596

It is very small and not noticeable when worn. If it were I'd cut it to shape and line it up proper. It has one thumb tack hole
How about two or three tack hole? How about a Nail hole?

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #4,637 of 12,596
How about two or three tack hole? How about a Nail hole?

You trolling me bro
biggrin.gif

I just started with one and it gave back a lot of clarity and opened the stage.

I am honestly considering selling my 2.5 probably on Yahoo auctions. Probably today.

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #4,638 of 12,596
A dude makes a review on a headphone and to test its bass he uses Muddy Waters? What?

Feb 26, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #4,639 of 12,596
Feb 26, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #4,640 of 12,596
Feb 26, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #4,641 of 12,596
oo so that has more sub bass ?

I don't think he used that to test for more sub bass.  He used Lorde's Royals.

From his review:
Bass Quality and Quantity
Tracks used: Bleeding Muddy Water, Royals

I use Muddy Waters to test for bass texture and mid-bass bleed, and again the Divine delivers (and this is once more on reference).  There is absolutely no sign of any bass bleed or smearing through the mid-range, and excellent delivery of texture and tonality.  Mark’s vocals have enough gravel to convey emotion, and they are both rich and sombre (which is the way they are supposed to be). Some may think the thump isn’t as good as it could be, and again this is where the boost can be applied.  Personally I much prefer the reference with this track, but again nice to have the options.

Next up was Lorde’s Royals – this time to test sub-bass. First thing I noticed is the increased depth in the low bass and the beautiful presentation of Ella’s vocals. And then the sub-bass hits and it is definitely there, clearly audible, but again balanced rather than visceral. Switch the boost on and suddenly your head is rumbling – but the vocals remain perfectly clear. I think bass lovers will like the DSP!

Feb 26, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #4,642 of 12,596
I don't think he used that to test for more sub bass.  He used Lorde's Royals.

From his review:

[COLOR=3B3B3B][COLOR=0000CD]Bass Quality and Quantity[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=3B3B3B]Tracks used: Bleeding Muddy Water, Royals[/COLOR][COLOR=3B3B3B]I use Muddy Waters to test for bass texture and mid-bass bleed, and again the Divine delivers (and this is once more on reference).  There is absolutely no sign of any bass bleed or smearing through the mid-range, and excellent delivery of texture and tonality.  Mark’s vocals have enough gravel to convey emotion, and they are both rich and sombre (which is the way they are supposed to be). Some may think the thump isn’t as good as it could be, and again this is where the boost can be applied.  Personally I much prefer the reference with this track, but again nice to have the options.[/COLOR][COLOR=3B3B3B]Next up was Lorde’s Royals – this time to test sub-bass. First thing I noticed is the increased depth in the low bass and the beautiful presentation of Ella’s vocals. And then the sub-bass hits and it is definitely there, clearly audible, but again balanced rather than visceral. Switch the boost on and suddenly your head is rumbling – but the vocals remain perfectly clear. I think bass lovers will like the DSP![/COLOR]
Thanks for clearing it up.

Feb 26, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #4,643 of 12,596
Feb 26, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #4,644 of 12,596
I hadn't even considered the sony's. Are they a new kid on the block? Or rarer than the 2.5? Is the ex800 the newer version of the 90? I also read something about a 5500 or something like that, the number escapes me. 

Feb 26, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #4,645 of 12,596

My statement about test of bass. Within some minutes I got a reply about my statement is that trolling ?

No..that is opinion and it is not trolling and if someone sent a PM claiming that......... they are free to impede free discussion right here in open thread.
 For the record some folks have made their view of bass relative to overall sound clear and if you follow their reviews in spite of their declaration then it's on you the buyer.

However , questioning a reviewer goes on all the time. Ignore the PM and enjoy free speech as long as it does not insult the member in question. If you feel you are being harassed keep the PM record then go read the site TOS and consider what you write and wrote. If it's opinion without insults direct or implied you are free to do what this site is built around.....opinion sharing. Questioning a track used to evaluate bass is an opinion. Can't believe anyone would think otherwise.

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #4,648 of 12,596
  this is the standard cable?

Yes,

If you keep the stock cable a wrap would help

https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=viablue+headphone+cable+sheath&biw=1920&bih=956&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjw2p-KspXLAhUINJQKHeV2CksQsAQIOA#imgrc=_

Viablue makes a bunch and it keeps the cable much more manageable.

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #4,649 of 12,596
Hawaii, would you mind offering your opinion to me? I can see you are an advocate of the sony xb90 / ex800, opposed to the 2.5. I have only just today considered the sony in the runnings for my next IEM. But your music tastes differ to mine greatly. Could you offer your thoughts for a song more in line with my own tastes, to see how they compare?  If so, I will dig something up. 

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #4,650 of 12,596

He's not anti 2.5. I'm not anti 2.5 although maybe i can understand why you would tink so from my posts.

The 2.5 is good and dynamic  + BA is really a treat. but it needs a powerful amp and EQ to bump. The Sony 16mms a little easier to drive.

When I get the Kicker I will post my thoughts on it vs the 2.5 and sony lineup.

I don't have my 2.5's anymore and i'm "taking a break" from the glorious 7550 to try other IEMs but I'll never ever part with my XB90EX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back