Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Feb 25, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #4,622 of 12,597
I have to agree, I don't think I've touched my g2 since acquiring the Sony Xb90ex but maybe once or twice, both times were either due to soreness of my ear from the Sony or for a comparison. It's been over a month, my only regret was not getting them sooner.

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #4,623 of 12,597
I have to agree, I don't think I've touched my g2 since acquiring the Sony Xb90ex but maybe once or twice, both times were either due to soreness of my ear from the Sony or for a comparison. It's been over a month, my only regret was not getting them sooner.

Diminishing returns is real and sometimes it goes backwards.

My 2 sets of sub $200 Sony get all my time and the 2.5 has been regulated to comparison set.

ex800st is a fine spot to stand on for a while and focus on source (mojo   IMO) or cable since the ex cable sucks hard

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #4,624 of 12,597
Thanks all for the helpful advice!

Looks like my next adventure will be looking into an amp...Mojo as HBB recommended, also considering re-cabling the EX800ST!

The issue is budget, just got into a new Infiniti Q50S and can't place any funds toward my other "hobbies" per the wife! 
blink.gif

Any more suggestions will be great...especially inexpensive ones!

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #4,627 of 12,597
  Thanks all for the helpful advice!

Looks like my next adventure will be looking into an amp...Mojo as HBB recommended, also considering re-cabling the EX800ST!

The issue is budget, just got into a new Infiniti Q50S and can't place any funds toward my other "hobbies" per the wife! 
blink.gif

Any more suggestions will be great...especially inexpensive ones!

Does it need to be portable? The Schiit Magni/Modi 2 Uber stack works wonders.

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #4,629 of 12,597
Is the EX800st good for portable use? Or let me rephrase it - is it acceptable? (i.e. bus, walking, etc)

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #4,630 of 12,597
  Is the EX800st good for portable use? Or let me rephrase it - is it acceptable? (i.e. bus, walking, etc)

I think it is...it really depends on the environment you are in.
Close quarters it might be a bit leaking, but walking should be fine.

Since mine is taped, it might be an improvement regarding audio leakage.

HBB and/or vanman probably can give more detail regarding this...

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #4,631 of 12,597
I think it is...it really depends on the environment you are in.
Close quarters it might be a bit leaking, but walking should be fine.

Since mine is taped, it might be an improvement regarding audio leakage.

HBB and/or vanman probably can give more detail regarding this...

Thanks for the reply. Would it be too much of a hassle for you to take a picture of how you taped it?

I am seriously considering the ex800. Thanks so much!

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #4,635 of 12,597

It is very small and not noticeable when worn. If it were I'd cut it to shape and line it up proper. It has one thumb tack hole

Appreciate it! Thanks for your contributions to this thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back