Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jan 17, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #3,620 of 12,595
Bass lovers at times should think of others.

Jan 17, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #3,621 of 12,595
Maybe I'm a bass noob but, Sony Z5 cell, Neutron, and Sony NC750 gave me a bass headache after a couple of hours :evil:

Jan 17, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #3,622 of 12,595
Maybe I'm a bass noob but, Sony Z5 cell, Neutron, and Sony NC750 gave me a bass headache after a couple of hours :evil:
keep up the training.

Jan 17, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #3,623 of 12,595
Maybe I'm a bass noob but, Sony Z5 cell, Neutron, and Sony NC750 gave me a bass headache after a couple of hours
evil_smiley.gif

Neutron....******* loving that app right now

and keep up the training

This is why I use a Mojo and not a DAP. 
Customization and exquisite sound on my big fat ******* screen....WOOOO HOOOOO!!

Jan 17, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #3,624 of 12,595
yeah i' thinking of going chord too, for both at home as well as at home use.
seems my mapletree headphone tube amp needs a better dac (from laptop) than the dragonfly 1.2.

just wish neutron were a bit more user friendly.

for spotify premium i'm using equalify.pro....great tweak

Quote:

Neutron....******* loving that app right now

and keep up the training

This is why I use a Mojo and not a DAP. 
Customization and exquisite sound on my big fat ******* screen....WOOOO HOOOOO!!

Jan 17, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #3,626 of 12,595
Hawaii you mean the screen on the note, ok,is the MOJO better than the ifi

that is what i'm asking as well:
esp the newly released / updated iFi ican micro se (special edition) ....looks interesting.

amazing the age we're in, with digital wizardry merging with audio to produce great sound/viewing.
who would have thought we could listen to high end sound out of our computers/laptops
10 yrs ago as we can today.... and all from such small (somewhat compact/portable) devices.

Jan 17, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #3,627 of 12,595
esp the newly released / updated iFi ican micro se (special edition) looks interesting.

amazing the age we're in, with digital wizardry merging with audio to produce great sound/viewing.
who would have thought we could listen to high end sound out of our computers/laptops
10 yrs ago as we can today.... and all from such small (somewhat compact/portable) devices.

i sold my ifi micro dsd after buying the mojo, it did not justify me keeping both, because in desktop mode i do the folliwng

pc-- mojo--- alo mk3b--- pm1

so ifi did not have a use anymore

both are great but man the mojo is so versatile and easier to take with u, but ifi dsd micro is great as well 

Jan 17, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #3,629 of 12,595
esp the newly released / updated iFi ican micro se (special edition) ....looks interesting.

Just to let you guys know. The ican isn't portable or a dac.

Jan 17, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #3,630 of 12,595
Spoteq is good if your using a iphone.

Unfortunately none for Android...

is that the iphone version of an equalizer for spotify?
the spotify one for androids is pretty plain jane...needs more eq bars to tweak not just 5.
luckily for my laptop, however, the equalify.pro works quite well.

and also, thanks for the heads up on the iFi not being a portable dac.

question on my rig, please:
it was suggested for my rig to get a  better dac than the dragonfly, since i'm using my laptop as my main source
...laptop to dragonfly 1.2...to easily driven sony cans 7550...that is ok...

but if dragonfly  is running as a dac (from laptop) to my mapletree audio headphone tube amp then 
i was cautioned i needed a better dac to pull it's weight.

this from one helpful poster in another forum: ''The Dragonfly has serious limitations, IMHO.  A great DAC is in the implementation.  That means rigorous linear-regulated power supplies for every different voltage that's needed in a DAC implementation.  That means 3.3V, 5V, etc.  IOW, a DAC with a separate power supply is almost always going to be superior.''

i know this isn't forum related 100%, so excuse, me, but thought i'd get some feedback from experienced people here for suggestions
for better dac options if running to my headphone tube amp.

or i could just sell the headphone tube amp and go with a chord mojo or iFI ican micro se.
decisions....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back