Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 8, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #2,146 of 12,592
Oct 8, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #2,148 of 12,592
Hehe, summer is ending over here in the states. That's why the headphones are coming back out.

How is the im70? Thinking about getting a set for bedtime
great with two Dynamic Drivers.

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #2,149 of 12,592
.....My wallet hurts. Just pulled the trigger on the Aurisonics Harmony. Will post impressions sometime next week.

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #2,150 of 12,592
.....My wallet hurts. Just pulled the trigger on the Aurisonics Harmony. Will post impressions sometime next week.
Sounds great, fits great.
[/IMG]

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #2,152 of 12,592
I just ordered Kicker. 
Anyone can compare IE800? I loved my old IE800 bass impact.
Yep I too enjoyed the IE800s bass but the cable was horrible and at times the Treble went way way up. The Kicker which a shop lent me has very good bass it can hit a bit harder than the IE800 and its a bit thicker. Mids and Treble are very nice too on the Kicker but its Treble while detailed is smoother compared to the IE800. On the other hand the Harmonys Treble does extends like the IE800 while still pounding as hard as the Kicker plus the Harmony has better Mids than the IE800.The Harmony is a bit more balanced compared to the IE800 but it retains the pounding sub bass. Ill be happy with either iem from the Bravo series. BTW the Forte obvious has a bit of both of the other two iems (Kicker and Harmony).

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #2,153 of 12,592
I just ordered Kicker. 
Anyone can compare IE800? I loved my old IE800 bass impact.
Yep I too enjoyed the IE800s bass but the cable was horrible and at times the Treble went way way up. The Kicker which a shop lent me has very good bass it can hit a bit harder than the IE800 and its a bit thicker. Mids and Treble are very nice too on the Kicker but its Treble while detailed is smoother compared to the IE800. On the other hand the Harmonys Treble does extends like the IE800 while still pounding as hard as the Kicker plus the Harmony has better Mids than the IE800.The Harmony is a bit more balanced compared to the IE800 but it retains the pounding sub bass. Ill be happy with either iem from the Bravo series. BTW the Forte obvious has a bit of both of the other two iems (Kicker and Harmony).

Thank you for your answer.
Yes IE800's cable really horrible and microphonic. Another problem is the less power I thing.
I read your previous reviews about Kicker and I decited to buy. I loved IE800 sub-bass and if the Kicker has same bass level I am ok with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #2,157 of 12,592
CX8 on the way, paying for the CX9 now :wink:

i have cx8 and i actually prefer zk x6 bass earphone for 5 euro from alliexpress. sound very nice. but bass is much better than on cx8, but durability is weak on them, but at the price who cares, you can buy another. i pulled on cable and it broke but i resoldered it. bass on kz x6 is just very good and sound very nice.

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #2,158 of 12,592
For $39 I'm just about willing to pull the trigger for the hell of it: DXB 1.1 Earbuds

DXB stands for dynamic, extra bass, and this version keeps the bass pumping with precision 8mm dynamic driver elements bringing added articulation to the already powerful bottom end. This high energy driver has full, rich and thick bass response without sacrificing clean crisp mids and highs, because great bass doesn't mean living with muddy noise. The natural wood housing is machined from Bubinga hardwood from sustainable forest management. The unique resonance properties of this exotic hardwood enhance the low frequency timbre, while smoothing upper frequency vibrations inherent in mass produced, plastic housings. Every set has its own unique characteristic grain line patterns that are as individual as fingerprints.
The cables are covered in tangle resistant cloth which also adds strength for long term durability, and the angled jack reduces side strain on the cable joint and the earbuds have built in strain relief to help prevent cable breakage. The built in microphone with mute button means you may never have to take them off. When you do, you can store them in the supplied natural hemp fiber bag with the handy-dandy draw strings.

details.png
Product Details
— Frequency Response 20Hz-20kHz
— Driver(s) 8mm Dynamic
— Impedance 16 Ohms
— Magnet Neo
— Shipping Weight 1 lb / .45 kg
— Type 8mm Dynamic Element
  1. ColorsWood Grain
  2. MaterialsBubinga Wood

Oddly they make one other pair of Headphones and then $1,000+ subwoofers hence my piqued curiosity ...

http://www.ddaudio.com/

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #2,159 of 12,592
Digital Designs is a well established part of the car audio SPL scene. I would trust them to have some solid engineering behind their earphones unless of course they outsourced development to a third party.

Oct 8, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #2,160 of 12,592
Digital Designs is a well established part of the car audio SPL scene. I would trust them to have some solid engineering behind their earphones unless of course they outsourced development to a third party.

Doing a bit of cross-referencing their headphone is unquestionably  the Tribeca Aviator cups and headband. Doesn't preclude them from having designed the drivers and tuning themselves but looking less likely. I'll drop them a mail and see what they have to say ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back