Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 8, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #2,161 of 12,592
Digital Designs is a well established part of the car audio SPL scene. I would trust them to have some solid engineering behind their earphones unless of course they outsourced development to a third party.

wha, wha ?! Did someone say DD making a headset 
blink.gif

Sorry guys, saw digital designs in my alert so I rushed in here.

Ya DD is some good ****.  Would love to see them put some thought into a headphone.  SZ2k might finally have a challenger.

Oct 8, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #2,162 of 12,592

wha, wha ?! Did someone say DD making a headset 
blink.gif

Sorry guys, saw digital designs in my alert so I rushed in here.

Ya DD is some good ****.  Would love to see them put some thought into a headphone.  SZ2k might finally have a challenger.

LOL

Classic gif...I am obviously a huge D.D. fan. I think it's IEM right now and an on ear that is damn sexy but no SZ like beasts....yet

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #2,163 of 12,592
Impression on Bravo Forte compared to Fx750 and Wooduo2 from sansa clip(rockboxed) and laptop RealtekHD sources.  In the long run I can see problems with the cable connector durability. Right out of the box the sound on the right phone intermittently cuts off, I think due to its rotating design and lack of permanent secure contact.
 Not big fan of the tips and bore size too, hardly any other will fit well. 
Sound. I went with Forte because besides full bass I want sparkly highs, as well .
Out of all three the Forte has the lowest sound volume altogether from the laptop and clip roughly 15% lower and oddly when I go higher than -10 on rockbox it starts making the ugly bass distortions, with wd2 and 750 I can go distortion free up to +3 

Bass.The bass is right there with wd2's bass, may be a touch less and more precise and controlled, it's tuned in the same manner pared with the clip but out of the laptop sounds stronger and fuller than wd2. The 750's bass is wrong from the clip,it's got mostly that fatiguing mid bass but out of the laptop it's fuller bigger deeper and louder than the bass of other two.

Mids. The clear winner here is fx 750 more lush and enjoyable. The Forte mids are narrower and a bit elevated in the highmids range. The wd2's mids are a mess fighting with the highs,it is the worst compared with others two.

Treble(highs). The Forte takes the cake here. Compared with 750s is more polished, finer and less grainy but don't extend like 750's highs, the wd2's highs are edgy and rough in comparison.

Ultimately,I will still go out with heavily eq wd2. I'm sending back the Forte. Frankly I don't think they are worth the price and may prove troublesome with dubious cable connector and low sound volume.

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #2,164 of 12,592
Impression on Bravo Forte compared to Fx750 and Wooduo2 from sansa clip(rockboxed) and laptop RealtekHD sources.  In the long run I can see problems with the cable connector durability. Right out of the box the sound on the right phone intermittently cuts off, I think due to its rotating design and lack of permanent secure contact.
Sound. I went with Forte because besides full bass I want sparkly highs, as well .
Out of all three the Forte has the lowest sound volume altogether from the laptop and clip roughly 15% lower and oddly when I go higher than -10 on rockbox it starts making the ugly bass distortions, with wd2 and 750 I can go distortion free up to +3 

Bass.The bass is right there with wd2's bass, may be a touch less and more precise and controlled, it's tuned in the same manner pared with the clip but out of the laptop sounds stronger and fuller than wd2. The 750's bass is wrong from the clip,it's got mostly that fatiguing mid bass but out of the laptop it's fuller bigger deeper and louder than the bass of other two.

Mids. The clear winner here is fx 750 more lush and enjoyable. The Forte mids are narrower and a bit elevated in the highmids range. The wd2's mids are a mess fighting with the highs,it is the worst compared with others two.

Treble(highs). The Forte takes the cake here. Compared with 750s is more polished, finer and less grainy but don't extend like 750's highs, the wd2's highs are edgy and rough in comparison.

Ultimately,I will still go out with heavily eq wd2. I'm sending back the Forte. Frankly I don't think they are worth the price and may prove troublesome with dubious cable connector and low sound volume.
Are you a new member which only viewed two threads to bash a new iem? You think something will go wrong with the connector? Uf you wanted more Treble extension then the Harmony has it. The WD2 cant compete I had the 750 and it us nice but the Kicker sounded better, The Firte sounded better and the Harmony blew the 750 away. The Clip is way UNDERPOWERED. It seems you must be a Celine Dion fan who dislike bass.

Oct 9, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #2,165 of 12,592

impedance and sensitivity shows that it doesn't need amp. but try amping the to see how it is

Oct 9, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #2,166 of 12,592
Are you a new member which only viewed two threads to bash a new iem? You think something will go wrong with the connector? Uf you wanted more Treble extension then the Harmony has it. The WD2 cant compete I had the 750 and it us nice but the Kicker sounded better, The Firte sounded better and the Harmony blew the 750 away. The Clip is way UNDERPOWERED. It seems you must be a Celine Dion fan who dislike bass.

No, I'm not a new member and I viewed an extensive numbers of threads. I'm not bashing the Forte but i have a connection problem right out of the box exactly where the connector rotate and common sence tells me when a contact is not fixed it can't be secure enough,although is very convenient, think of that.  As to the treble, I said I like them the most and if I went with Harmony it'd compromise the bass which I want even more. Regards the clip being underpowered. According to the Forte specs it should be sufficient. The Clip manage to drive pretty well the wd2 and 750s  and I still think (my own opinion) wd2 bass is superior to 750 out of the Clip.Out of a laptop 750's bass is superior to all two of them. I  was going to audition the kicker too, but the connector and low volume puts me off. I'm not ever going to have out amp.briks with me.
The music if it matters to you I listen to acid trance most of the time.

Oct 9, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #2,169 of 12,592
Oct 9, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #2,172 of 12,592
I thought the same thing to my-self and then remember how many people complained of z5 connector. I know they are different things but that made me alert to such issues. 
Well in my experience with the Z5 is that I had zero issues with the connectors. I bought two Z5 and an A3. The members who had issues started removing the earpiece and adding after market cables which dont always have good connectors. Two users complained about the rubber that goes over the connectors but both stated no loss of sound. I did have an issue with Shure connectors (535, 846). Shops here fix it by switching the Shure cable with a Sony cause Sony connectors connect better. The new Aurisonics are an improvemrnt over previous detachable conectors and ofcourse this doesnt mean there wont be faulty ones. My Harmony conbectors are great but I havnt removed them or switched cables.

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #2,173 of 12,592
  No, I'm not a new member and I viewed an extensive numbers of threads. I'm not bashing the Forte but i have a connection problem right out of the box exactly where the connector rotate and common sence tells me when a contact is not fixed it can't be secure enough,although is very convenient, think of that.  As to the treble, I said I like them the most and if I went with Harmony it'd compromise the bass which I want even more. Regards the clip being underpowered. According to the Forte specs it should be sufficient. The Clip manage to drive pretty well the wd2 and 750s  and I still think (my own opinion) wd2 bass is superior to 750 out of the Clip.Out of a laptop 750's bass is superior to all two of them. I  was going to audition the kicker too, but the connector and low volume puts me off. I'm not ever going to have out amp.briks with me.
The music if it matters to you I listen to acid trance most of the time.

Nobody in this thread is putting you on blast. We are not like that so excuse what mighta been deemed slights.
We do not roll like that in this thread.

If it is the cable send em back and test the After care. That company continues to this very day to totally ignore my tip issue ( didn't get my complete set) and have sent many mails. I woulda sent them to me long a go to shut me the **** up and complete the $800.00 deal

I ain't a fan.

The 2.5 is beastly though so ****....can't have everything. If it's the unit test the after care. If it's the sound then just send it back.

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #2,174 of 12,592
you will always have problems with audio stop playing if you have connectors removable earphones, unless they make them like screw on kind of mechanisms that holds it properly on them. not surprise, i had xba a2 same thing there.

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #2,175 of 12,592
That issue only seems to happen with MMCX style connectors.

MEElectronics M6 Pro connectors and 2 pin connectors (Ex: Noble IEMs) from what I have read and experienced have never had any intermittent cut out failure like that. I had the Shure se215s though, and their MMCX connectors failed after a substantial amount of corrosion and snags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back