Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 7, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #2,116 of 12,595
  Hi folks,

I own these: Velodyne Vpulse, Future Sonics Atrio MG7, HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2 and Diddy Beats. I'm ready for some next level stuff around the $200-$250 range. 

It would be much appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction. I tried reading all the different reviews but I have no idea what to get O_o?!?

Sounds like you're an ideal candidate for the Aurisonics Kicker. Maybe try to find a deal on the IE80? I have a bias towards them, though....

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #2,117 of 12,595
  Hi folks,

I own these: Velodyne Vpulse, Future Sonics Atrio MG7, HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2 and Diddy Beats. I'm ready for some next level stuff around the $200-$250 range. 

It would be much appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction. I tried reading all the different reviews but I have no idea what to get O_o?!?

The hardest hitting that wont break the bank is the sony eb90.  

if you want refinement while getting the most bass, is the asg2.5

I would wait for more reviews on the aurisonic kicker.  initial impression on them is good, and they will be in your price range.

just to let you know, your gonna need an amp and a way to eq to get the most out of these iems.  

Look at the first page with the lists.  The list is legit, we don't f' around in here.  If you make a claim for some bass iem thats not on there,  you better keep 100 or we will know.

edit: check out this thread,  a basshead brother started both threads.  This is how we do it around here. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-hardest-hitting-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #2,121 of 12,595
  Hey guys, the Aurisonic kicker needs an amp I was going to use the new headphones for the gym and runs. Anyone heard of RHA T10? Recommended for outdoor use?

with no amp, might want to try the AlphaDelta.  people are liking it around here.  Haven't tried them personally.

RHA makes some well built rugged schiit.  outdoor use will be no problem.

can I make a suggestion?  You have some hard hitters already.  Try adding an amp, or if you can use a eq app and eq the frequencies.  Its does wonders.

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #2,122 of 12,595
  Hey guys, the Aurisonic kicker needs an amp I was going to use the new headphones for the gym and runs. Anyone heard of RHA T10? Recommended for outdoor use?

I tried the RHA M750 because of other threads and was disappointed.  The bass wasn't as good as I thought it would be and the clarity wasn't great, but I also did not have my portable amp at the time.  The design and quality of RHA's products is very good, though.  The T10 is supposed to be a step up, but I haven't been able to hear it firsthand.  The Alpha & Delta AD01 does not need an amp or any EQ and I can give it a thumbs up, but the thread starter also gives them a thumbs up, which means a lot more than mine since I am just getting started.  I also plan on getting the Aurisonics Kicker ASAP from all of the +1's I've seen around here.  

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #2,123 of 12,595
I have the RHA T10, I love them. I wouldn't consider them bass head level, but build quality is top notch. Great for outside or the gym. Bass is good, nowhere near the levels of my bass head IEMS. I did prefer those to my Shure Se846... But most would call me crazy for that statement.

Oct 7, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #2,124 of 12,595
I don't really understand the hype surrounding RHA's sound (not to be confused with build.) I recently bought the T20 and returned them a week later.... they are said to be a step up from the 10, so I'd hesitate to bother.

I rarely agree with the amping statements made on headfi regarding off the shelf IEMs. I'd highly doubt the kicker NEEDS an amp, as the line was created, in part, to solve some of the amping complaints of the other models (I asked my vendor AND Aurisonics, directly, an abundance of questions before I had to cancel my order due to some recent financial constraints.) Most headphones perform better with added amplification from smartphones/small MP3 players, but that doesn't mean they sound bad without.

A local friend of mine has the AlphaDelta's, and really likes them. I only sampled briefly, but preferred my IE80s. Maybe I'll ask to borrow them again, as that was a while back. I do remember being impressed overall though, for the price.

Oct 7, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #2,125 of 12,595
D400 or C400? The D400 is over-ear. Can't get any of Denon's decent stuff in the states for under $100.

yes it is a headphone so this is iem thread so dont want to litter this thread. but scince i cant get anything in iem that has good bass and sounds good i just keep denon d400 headphone. it sounds right, has bass with bass amp and good detail and cost 65 euro in eu from amazon france. on ebay com usa they sell them for about 65-75 euro. its the only headphone iem that has bass that i like. but it doesnt have bass without a bass amp, but considering xb90 also needs a bass amp and d400 cost less and sounds better to me i would say d400 is a better deal. d400 has much more detail than xb90, i mean it is reduced from 350 euro so and it sounds just about same detail as sony xba a2 and because it has large speaker 50mm driver surely they pump more bass with bass amp. but i need to add for me. may be different people like different kind of bass i dont know, its subjective. i still have pioneer cx8 and i will see which is better but so far d400 with bass amp is the one i use for bass. i also use with cozoy aegis dac it makes it sound a little bit better as well. but thats just for me. i like it, does bass very well. good detail, and good ear warmers for winter. they are over ear so they dont press on ears and are comfortable for me.
there is also c300 and c301 iem but its too expensive at the moment, ill wait untill price reduces.
the bass amp section of headphone broke after i dropped them i think but its ok because internal bass amp doesnt sound that good and i prefer my own bass amp, and it works.
but im still interested in aurisonics earphones cheers

Oct 7, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #2,127 of 12,595
  Can you please recommend a good Eq app for the ipod/Iphone?

paid neutron i heard is the ****, i used the free version and it was good.

if you use spotify, get spoteq.  Basic, but gets the job done.  I think you have to be a premium member, but not to sure.  I know Equilify Pro, for desktop PC, you have to be a premium member.  I use both

Oct 7, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #2,128 of 12,595
get an aurisonics kicker and report how it sounds, seems like harmony might have same bass no?

Oct 7, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #2,129 of 12,595
I've owned the VSD3S, tried a lot of Sony high end iems including the Z5, and also the JVC HAFX750, 850, and 1100(the wood ones). The Z5 had some crazy good bass, but the Klipsch R6i has some insane impact. But of course, everything is subjective. Klipsch R6i is like $100. Try it, maybe you'll love it for your bassy songs. I think it has some monstrous bass.

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #2,130 of 12,595
Hi folks,

Kicker or the new Future Sonic iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back