Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 6, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #2,086 of 12,587
Well I'm looking to jump on the Kicker train pretty soon, too, so I may have a rec for it as well.  I can't do $700 for the 2.5 but I CAN do $250 for the Kicker if it is as good as they say.  I wish I could get the 2.5 for $300, I'd be all over it.  It is kind of strange that a company 6 hours away from me has no news on their new IEMs but online shops can sell them :confused_face(1):
I ran back to the shop to get the 2.5 for that price but all gone.I saw two but was told two guys called in and put a deposit.

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #2,087 of 12,587
Heres the Harmony, its really great a nd it pounds . Superior Mids and Treble! The Forte is great I prefer it a bit over the Kicker. Hate to say it but the Kicker is beautiful. It gas a very organic home woofer sound. ALL three have great Bass. The Firte and Harmonys BA Driver (Drivers) just like to get your attention more than the Kicker. Look at specs the Kicker goes down to 11 while the Forte and Harmony hits down to 8.

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #2,088 of 12,587

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #2,089 of 12,587
So, listening to the MDR-XB90EX again, there is no distortion.  I think there was an issue with my PC as a source; I may have had it turned up too loud in Windows.  Listening to On My Level with max bass boost, phone turned up to 100%, it is vibrating my ear canals.  I feel like I have a subwoofer in my head!  The bass actually modulates the vocals a little because of the bass thumping 
basshead.gif
  Definitely not a defective pair, but they do still have driver flex on one side, so I'll still have Amazon swap them.

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #2,090 of 12,587
  So, listening to the MDR-XB90EX again, there is no distortion.  I think there was an issue with my PC as a source; I may have had it turned up too loud in Windows.  Listening to On My Level with max bass boost, phone turned up to 100%, it is vibrating my ear canals.  I feel like I have a subwoofer in my head!  The bass actually modulates the vocals a little because of the bass thumping 
basshead.gif
  Definitely not a defective pair, but they do still have driver flex on one side, so I'll still have Amazon swap them.

I never ever use a PC as my source...I am very superstitious. 9 of every 10 folks who had issue with the SZ had a PC as the source.
 Using the xb90ex with an ifi dsd nano it sounds like my 2.5's That's how epic that ******* thing is. The XB90ex should not be mistaken by folks out there (not you) as being bass only. They sound pretty as can be right now

That's the xb90ex right there absolutely humming

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #2,091 of 12,587
basshead.gif

Friend, sorry to say, but no problem for a single channel, they have the driver flex. I've had 2 pairs, it is a "problem" known to them. But believe me, the crazy bass, worth

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #2,092 of 12,587
 I never ever use a PC as my source...I am very superstitious. 9 of every 10 folks who had issue with the SZ had a PC as the source.
 Using the xb90ex with an ifi dsd nano it sounds like my 2.5's That's how epic that ******* thing is. The XB90ex should not be mistaken by folks out there (not you) as being bass only. They sound pretty as can be right now

That's the xb90ex right there absolutely humming

My experience with the 90 was it needed a week of breaking in for its Mids and Treble to open up.

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #2,093 of 12,587
My experience with the 90 was it needed a week of breaking in for its Mids and Treble to open up.

Even out of the box the sound isn't bad.  It is actually to my preference of being a little dark sounding.  Much better sounding that the full-sized MDR-1A which sounded murky.

Friend, sorry to say, but no problem for a single channel, they have the driver flex. I've had 2 pairs, it is a "problem" known to them. But believe me, the crazy bass, worth

I'll swap them out just because it isn't any cost to me.  If the second one has the issue I won't waste any more time.

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #2,094 of 12,587
JMills8,

Can you do a quick comparison between the Harmony, Forte, and 2.5.  I'm so lost right now.  Hard deciding between the 2.5's, Kicker, Forte and Harmony.

I listen to hip hop and rap and looking for a pair of headphones with a lot of bass but I also want some clarity so I think a pair with a DD and BA would be best for me.

I will be listening to the earphones through my phone about half the time and the other half through a DAP AK 100ii.

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #2,095 of 12,587
JMills8,

Can you do a quick comparison between the Harmony, Forte, and 2.5.  I'm so lost right now.  Hard deciding between the 2.5's, Kicker, Forte and Harmony.

I listen to hip hop and rap and looking for a pair of headphones with a lot of bass but I also want some clarity so I think a pair with a DD and BA would be best for me.

I will be listening to the earphones through my phone about half the time and the other half through a DAP AK 100ii.
If you can find a 2.5 for 500 Dollars or less get it. If not the Forte is very good because it has one BA Driver which makes the Treble very clear and it has bass lots of it. The big picture 2.5 before they run out or any of the Aurisonics Bravo series iems (Kicker, Forte, or Harmony).

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #2,096 of 12,587
If you can find a 2.5 for 500 Dollars or less get it. If not the Forte is very good because it has one BA Driver which makes the Treble very clear and it has bass lots of it. The big picture 2.5 before they run out or any of the Aurisonics Bravo series iems (Kicker, Forte, or Harmony).

Are the 2.5 definitely being discontinued?  Are they just replacing them with the Bravo series?

Oct 6, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #2,097 of 12,587
Are the 2.5 definitely being discontinued?  Are they just replacing them with the Bravo series?
From three store nmanagers said discontinued. When I asked I want to place an order they said I cant because they are not stocking them or they are not making them.

Oct 6, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #2,099 of 12,587

Users who are viewing this thread

Back