Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 2, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #2,011 of 12,591
still want to know how asg kicker sounds

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #2,012 of 12,591
The Arrow 5P amps bass hits harder and goes lower than the new Arrow 5TX. The 5TX has a wider sound stage.

Oct 4, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #2,016 of 12,591
Question for Hawaiibadboy,
I currently rank the JVC SZ2000 as the number one over ear headphones for pure full range bass with ultimate slam and low bass extension. I don't want to blind buy a bunch of iem to only send them back because they don't perform as intended. The only iem's I own are the Sony ex 90, UE pro 500 eb, and recently purchased pioneer se cx 8. Of all three I own, the pioneers are the most fun however they over emphasize mid bass with the exciter, and have poor sub bass in my opinion compared to the over hyped mid bass. Are the Aurisonics 2.5 the ultimate in ear bass head monitors?

If you eq you will get more rumble from your cx8 than any other earphone. The exciter is almost cheating.

Oct 4, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #2,017 of 12,591
OK thanks. Hawaiibadboy never chimed in and with a thorough web search for reviews I actually found his initial review of the 2.5. After reading it I came to my conclusion that they weren't for me as I'm not concerned with staging and width as much as I'm concerned with clean, pure, non distorted bass. I'll live with my sz-2000 as my king of bass set as nothing I've heard can touch them as of yet for pure bass when eq'ed correctly.

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #2,018 of 12,591
 ​
 ​
 ​

THE BEST IEM FOR BASS ARE..​

.​
 ​
 ​
 ​

The 10 Best....(impact)

1. Aursonic 2.5

2. Sony xb90ex

3. Sony MDR 7550

4. Yamaha EPH-M200

5. JVC - FX102

6. Future Sonics MG6Pro

7. Audio Technica ATHCKS1000

8. Aurisonics 2.0

9. Velodyne vPulse

10. Sony A/H3

​

.​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Max refined (Hi-Fi low end boys)

2. 1964 Ears V8
3. Earsonics  Velvet
4. Sony XBA Z5
5. Jerry Harvey (Layla/Roxxane)
6. Shure SE-846
7. Unique Melody Mentor
8.  JVC HA-FX1100

No EQ or AMP needed

1. Alpha & Delta  AD01
2. Sennheiser IE80
3. Yamaha EPH M100
4. HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2
5. JVC FX850
7. Onkyo IE HF300
8. Soul SL99
9. Pioneer SE-CX8 Pioneer SE-CX9
10. Monster Turbine

Input....offerings to the bass gods?

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #2,020 of 12,591
Last night I listened to my firends sony xb90ex on my e18 and it sounded amazing. What type of sound signature are the xb90s? I know this is probably the wrong thread to post in but I'm trying to find over the ear closed headphones that sound like the xb90s. I've been reading the op's basshead headphone thread. If possible I would like to get some headphones that sound like the xb90s but better since a headphone is supposed to sound better than an iem. Going to return the m50x I just got. Thanks

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #2,023 of 12,591
Stop the mother-bassing presses!

I have the Aurisonics Kicker (pronounced "Ass Kicker").

I think we've found the bridge between the Sony MDR-XB90EX and Aurisonics ASG-2.5.

I'm not driving them to their full potential until I get the Headstage Arrow 5TX back, but my crappy onboard computer audio is kicking hard.

9.25mm dynamic drivers? I'd believe these were at least 13s. Very good isolation as well, plus they look badass in gunmetal.

You can even drive these things from a phone fine because they are more sensitive than the old Aurisonics earphones.

I can't wait to get the Headstage back to flick the bass boost switch.

I actually like the stock frequency response on these things A LOT. Way better than the ASG-2.5 stock sound, so you won't even have to futz with an Equalizer to make them sound sweet.

I'll try to post again later tonight after I have more than 15 minutes in my ears.

This is basshead excitement.

Oct 4, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #2,024 of 12,591
Stop the mother-bassing presses!

I have the Aurisonics Kicker (pronounced "Ass Kicker").

I think we've found the bridge between the Sony MDR-XB90EX and Aurisonics ASG-2.5.

I'm not driving them to their full potential until I get the Headstage Arrow 5TX back, but my crappy onboard computer audio is kicking hard.

9.25mm dynamic drivers? I'd believe these were at least 13s. Very good isolation as well, plus they look badass in gunmetal.

You can even drive these things from a phone fine because they are more sensitive than the old Aurisonics earphones.

I can't wait to get the Headstage back to flick the bass boost switch.

I actually like the stock frequency response on these things A LOT. Way better than the ASG-2.5 stock sound, so you won't even have to futz with an Equalizer to make them sound sweet.

I'll try to post again later tonight after I have more than 15 minutes in my ears.

This is basshead excitement.

nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back