Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 1, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #1,996 of 12,590
I have no experience with anything else, but I just wanted to to say that the JDS Labs C5D is $249 to the Headstage Arrow 5TX's $399.  The bass boost switch on the C5D is NICE and the overall package is very high quality.  Just something to think about.

Oct 1, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #1,997 of 12,590
Looking at all the Headstage Arrow pics makes me feel like a hipster.

I had the Arrow before it was cool!

Used to rock the Sony DAP with Mega Bass plugged into my Arrow 4G powering the WS99.

Still a force of nature when paired with my IEMs. Might send it back for an amp update.

I will be doing a paper test with it. I will use for mostly IEM but read of an SZ owner who was shaking his  driver housing with the 5TX....sooooo gunna have to check that out
popcorn.gif

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #1,999 of 12,590
I have no experience with anything else, but I just wanted to to say that the JDS Labs C5D is $249 to the Headstage Arrow 5TX's $399.  The bass boost switch on the C5D is NICE and the overall package is very high quality.  Just something to think about.
The Arrow is thin and very small. The Arrow has Treble boost with two stages and it has bass boost with two stages. It also has where you want to boost the bass.

Oct 1, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #2,000 of 12,590
The Arrow is thin and very small. The Arrow has Treble boost with two stages and it has bass boost with two stages. It also has where you want to boost the bass.

Yeah I could tell it was thinner just from the pictures.  The treble boost is nice to have, but I don't think I would ever use it.  My comment was more for people who are looking for (cheaper) options.  If you just need a DAC/amp with a bass boost switch, the C5D fits the bill nicely!

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #2,001 of 12,590
Indeed a piece of jewelry, congrats. Do you happened to compare them to Custom Art Ei.xx ? Thanks.

Thanks! Is that the massdrop version? I thought thry haven't started shipping it yet.

Edit : just checked the specs, looks like it's all BA. my experience with BA drivers have been that the sound is more accurate, but the bass isn't as much fun. The aurisonics really makes you feel the bass. I have never heard anything like it in an iem form. I suspect other dynamic driver ciems (mg6pro, UM merlin) will be comparable.

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #2,003 of 12,590

I've had both. The C5D does about +5dB of bass. It's fine for most people. Not for me. I didn't find it to be superior to the Cayin C5, to be honest.

The Arrow 5TX Enhanced Bass has no competitors in the bass department that I'm aware of. iFi might have something, but that's the only possibility I've ever heard of.

Oct 2, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #2,004 of 12,590
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPVQMZ4ikvM&feature=youtu.be

Oct 2, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #2,005 of 12,590
Question for Hawaiibadboy,
I currently rank the JVC SZ2000 as the number one over ear headphones for pure full range bass with ultimate slam and low bass extension. I don't want to blind buy a bunch of iem to only send them back because they don't perform as intended. The only iem's I own are the Sony ex 90, UE pro 500 eb, and recently purchased pioneer se cx 8. Of all three I own, the pioneers are the most fun however they over emphasize mid bass with the exciter, and have poor sub bass in my opinion compared to the over hyped mid bass. Are the Aurisonics 2.5 the ultimate in ear bass head monitors?

Oct 2, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #2,006 of 12,590
Question for Hawaiibadboy,
I currently rank the JVC SZ2000 as the number one over ear headphones for pure full range bass with ultimate slam and low bass extension. I don't want to blind buy a bunch of iem to only send them back because they don't perform as intended. The only iem's I own are the Sony ex 90, UE pro 500 eb, and recently purchased pioneer se cx 8. Of all three I own, the pioneers are the most fun however they over emphasize mid bass with the exciter, and have poor sub bass in my opinion compared to the over hyped mid bass. Are the Aurisonics 2.5 the ultimate in ear bass head monitors?

I'm waiting for the answer :)

I can buy the ASG 2.5 for 535 euros but for this price i need to be sure i won't be disapointed

Oct 2, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #2,007 of 12,590

not really, he has more money than chicken pick at

Oct 2, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #2,008 of 12,590
Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade and I was wondering if you could provide some suggestions.  I currently listen to AF Eternas, I've had them for a couple years and they have the best bass of all the IEMs I've ever had (I haven't had any that costs more than $100).  I'm looking for an upgrade though.

I've skimmed through the last 10 or so pages of this thread and learned that the ASG 2.5 is the holy grail for bass heavy IEMs.  I'd love to get one but I unfortunately cannot afford one.  I can maybe spend around $200 for this upgrade.  Any suggestions?

I've read that the Bravo series are coming out soon and their lowest model, the Kicker, would probably be in $250s-$300.  Is that something that would be good in the $200ish price range or would I be better of with something else?

Thanks

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #2,010 of 12,590
  Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade and I was wondering if you could provide some suggestions.  I currently listen to AF Eternas, I've had them for a couple years and they have the best bass of all the IEMs I've ever had (I haven't had any that costs more than $100).  I'm looking for an upgrade though.

I've skimmed through the last 10 or so pages of this thread and learned that the ASG 2.5 is the holy grail for bass heavy IEMs.  I'd love to get one but I unfortunately cannot afford one.  I can maybe spend around $200 for this upgrade.  Any suggestions?

I've read that the Bravo series are coming out soon and their lowest model, the Kicker, would probably be in $250s-$300.  Is that something that would be good in the $200ish price range or would I be better of with something else?

Thanks

Do you plan on using an amp or anyway of eq'ing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back