Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 1, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #1,981 of 12,596

the best overall?  I think so too.  But I had the th600 

now if your looking for same sound sig.  the two cant be anymore different

I know it's not comparable

I used to be into IEM (shure e2c, westome UM2 then UM3x). When i went into headphones i realized how bass is so good when the driver is bigger. The problem is that TH600 is not very portable plus don't have detachable cable. On the TOP of the problems with headphones is that they need powerful amps to reveal their potential. And the thing is i don't often listen to music at home. I live in Paris and am often in the Metro which is a perfect place to listen to music in my case. So i need portable. I had JVC SZ2000 for a week but sent it back because of a channel imbalance. I didn't order another one cause i have a small head so i could feel the bass slamming my salivary glands which were a bit unpleasant (SZ2000 is pretty big). Currently i have a vmoda m100 which is driven well enough with my HTC m8 + ibasso T3 but i m looking for an upgrade. IEM will allow me to have extreme isolation which could be great in the metro. And from what i've read here ASG 2.5 is like subwoofer + will give me better soundstage and instruments separation. So it should be a kind of upgrade. 

Edit : I also forgot to insist on the fact highend bassheads headphones need powerful amps which are always too big for my convenience. I already find my HTC m8 big so having something almost as big to amp the sound is annoying. I'm still waiting for the day we will have a cayin c5 with the size of a fiio e6.............

Oct 1, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #1,982 of 12,596

I used to be into IEM (shure e2c, westome UM2 then UM3x). When i went into headphones i realized how bass is so good when the driver is bigger. The problem is that TH600 is not very portable plus don't have detachable cable. On the TOP of the problems with headphones is that they need powerful amps to reveal their potential. And the thing is i don't often listen to music at home. I live in Paris and am often in the Metro which is a perfect place to listen to music in my case. So i need portable. I had JVC SZ2000 for a week but sent it back because of a channel imbalance. I didn't order another one cause i have a small head so i could feel the bass slamming my salivary glands which were a bit unpleasant (SZ2000 is pretty big). Currently i have a vmoda m100 which is driven well enough with my HTC m8 + ibasso T3 but i m looking for an upgrade. IEM will allow me to have extreme isolation which could be great in the metro. And from what i've read here ASG 2.5 is like subwoofer + will give me better soundstage and instruments separation. So it should be a kind of upgrade. 
Good choice.

Oct 1, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #1,983 of 12,596

not what I mean

what I was trying to say is, the fostex have a v-shaped signature. emphasized bass and treble with scooped out mids. so with this you get a bright sound at times. with the asg, they are pretty balanced with a dark sound sig. i loved the bass on the th600 but couldn't deal with the treble. I don't like sparkly highs I'm to sensitive to it. that's why I love the asg2.5. I can listen to them for hrs without fatiguing. well maybe bass fatigue, but that's not a bad thing :wink:

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #1,986 of 12,596
not what I mean

what I was trying to say is, the fostex have a v-shaped signature. emphasized bass and treble with scooped out mids. so with this you get a bright sound at times. with the asg, they are pretty balanced with a dark sound sig. i loved the bass on the th600 but couldn't deal with the treble. I don't like sparkly highs I'm to sensitive to it. that's why I love the asg2.5. I can listen to them for hrs without fatiguing. well maybe bass fatigue, but that's not a bad thing :wink:

Wonderful i think i'm gonna catch that one :)

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #1,987 of 12,596
Totally. I can go into Run the Jewels and straight into Faith no More and they'll both sound incredible. Mike Patton is just glorious through them.

They're definitely my basshead endgame. I have a Ocharaku Flat 4 coming because I want something analytical to play around with, but for pure musicality I don't think I can find something that surpasses the 2.5 for me.

Oct 1, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,988 of 12,596
I would assign the award to the legendary Sony EX1000 paired with Tralucent Uber cable. I owned the Ref 1, 1Plus2, Flat 4 Kaede, K3003, FX700 and IE8. Quality wise the 16mm of the EX1000 imho remains umatched. Sold that iem 2 times and purchased it for the 3rd and finally since I don't think I'm ever going to sell it again. Just perfect bass.

Oct 1, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #1,989 of 12,596
I would assign the award to the legendary Sony EX1000 paired with Tralucent Uber cable. I owned the Ref 1, 1Plus2, Flat 4 Kaede, K3003, FX700 and IE8. Quality wise the 16mm of the EX1000 imho remains umatched. Sold that iem 2 times and purchased it for the 3rd and finally since I don't think I'm ever going to sell it again. Just perfect bass.
Are you on Crack ?

Oct 1, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #1,990 of 12,596
1000 Has NNOOOOOO Bass !

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #1,993 of 12,596
Are you on Crack ?

It might seem so until... 
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #1,994 of 12,596
  I went one step up and got the AS 2.5, the custom version of the ASG. Why you say? Cuz I always wanted a CIEM, and I want bass, there's no other particular reason to get the custom version. OMG the bass, it's unreal! And the most amazing part is no matter how much you open the bass port, this thing doesn't muddy  up the mids and highs. It's like a subwoofer. Truly unicorn of a set. Aurisonics customer service rocks big time too, very happy. 

The bass port is slightly different on the custom, you can tune to a finer level. I took the screw completely out just for the heck of it, put it back then of course cuz the bass made me sick :p

Indeed a piece of jewelry, congrats. Do you happened to compare them to Custom Art Ei.xx ? Thanks.

Oct 1, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #1,995 of 12,596
Looking at all the Headstage Arrow pics makes me feel like a hipster.

I had the Arrow before it was cool!

Used to rock the Sony DAP with Mega Bass plugged into my Arrow 4G powering the WS99.

Still a force of nature when paired with my IEMs. Might send it back for an amp update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back