hd25-1 impressions thread
Apr 16, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #2,987 of 3,348
Has anyone tried a cable with equal left-right length on these and does it look alright? And do cables like Oyaide have different L/R length like the original?
If you have a cable with equal left-right length you "must" put the cups up side down so that the connectors point down. If you get stuck with the cable it would most likely disconnect the cable from the cups. The Oyaide cable have different L/R like the original.

Apr 16, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #2,988 of 3,348
I own a pair of hd280, and a week ago i bought the hd25, out of the box i feel them too harsh in the treble. I get really upset at first, but then i start de burn in procces with Progressive House Music (the music I play), now they are a bit better, but still don't feel the bass than everybody said hd25 has... When i use them with my mixer y turn out like 1 or 2 db the bass and that's the way i feel the headphones should be. Just a thing of taste, but i thought they would be a bass monster headphones because the famous usage as DJ headphones.

Apr 17, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #2,989 of 3,348
After near 40 hs of burn in with all .aiff hd music i can really notice the difference. The bass got a lot of punch and the treble is not as harsh as it was at the beggining. It's really neccesary to burn in the sennheiser headphones, in my HD280 I also have the same experience, out of the box they literally didn't have any bass.

I'm starting to understand the hype with this Headphones.

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #2,990 of 3,348
Update of my impressions... after 60/70 hours of burn in with music a little bit over the volume I use to hear with rest every half an hour the lower bass appear in full extension, the treble is a lot less harsh and the mids are incredible. It's really enjoyable to listen to music in the HD 25. Also I think that the soundstage is better than at the beggining, with a lot of definition in the mids. The way the bass improves diary makes me think that I could get even better with more hours.

I'am a DJ of Progressive House, this genre really match with this headphones. I will continue my burn in procces :D

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #2,991 of 3,348
I didn't notice burn in on mine, I think it is more about what you are used to. The 25s scale more than I ever thought possible. I was listening to some 352.8 KHz PCM sample file of classical music with a pair of HD 25s plugged into my RME DAC and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Headphones disappeared completely and I was there in the hall.

They're great for so many reasons. Simple, cheap, completely rebuildable, great sound, great secure fit, healthy aftermarket for pads and cables etc. Just a wonderful headphone.

Apr 25, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #2,992 of 3,348
I agree, I've owned HD 25's throughout my audiophile adventures and I never really noticed a differnce burned in or not. I think what matters more is the headband and earpads wearing in.

Apr 28, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #2,993 of 3,348
Maybe it's all psicological, but i doubt it because for me it's clearly audible the difference. Now, with almost 80 to 90 hours of burn in the HD 25 i think they have a different sound. It's way more warm in the trebles and the mids and the hit of the bass is more rounded and profund. Progressive House music sounds a lot better because it mostly instrumental and with a 4/4 bass. Now I love the sound signature. Also it's incredible the soundstage they have. If the treble grow a liiiitle less harsh than now i think they achieve my perfect sound.

Really happy with the Headphones :D

Apr 28, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #2,994 of 3,348
Has anyone tried a cable with equal left-right length on these and does it look alright? And do cables like Oyaide have different L/R length like the original?

The stock cables are really not expensive except for the coiled cord. Personally I can't see buying a clone cable.

May 27, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #2,995 of 3,348
Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii. Even though I have Quad Era-1, Denon D7200, Beyerdynamic 1990 pro, Aventho, Dunu dn2000 and tried so many others, I figured out why I just have to put on the HD-25 sometimes!! There is no headphone so far, that makes some music and especially electric guitars sound so powerful, raw, gritty (not grainy!), almost dirty at times :wink: Like a snarl. First I thought it was the 100HZ hump in mid-bass, but if you EQ other headphones, you cannot replicate this rawness...

May 31, 2020 at 6:41 AM Post #2,997 of 3,348
Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #2,998 of 3,348
May 31, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #2,999 of 3,348
May 31, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #3,000 of 3,348
They look more like the original HD25 pads to me. It's a shame really the aluminiums with their stock pads got the smoothest timbre of the bunch.
True, even though the code is correct - 556906 - and the original ones are 578881. There is a chance these are the ones you need but yeah, it's a shame they've discontinued these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back